Irish Flute Workshop with Mike McHale

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Joyce
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Joyce »

Hello - I hope it's ok to post this on here. I'm organizing a flute workshop and just want to get the word out to flute players. If you are interested, please contact me through this website. I'm a little wary about putting my email or phone # on the internet :-)

Saturday, October 30, 2004 at Furlong’s Pub in East Durham, NY
10:00am to 12:00pm
1:30pm to 3:30pm
fee: $55

*This will be an intermediate/advanced class.* Bring a tape recorder or mini-disc recorder. This workshop will be happening on the same weekend as the East Coast Pipers Tionol, which is also taking place in East Durham, NY. So it should be a great weekend of music and craic.

http://www.eastcoastpipers.com/

Mike McHale hails from Tulsk, Co. Roscommon, where he began playing tin whistle as a youngster and the flute at age 11. In 1958 he won the All-Ireland Senior title for tin whistle and the Connaught Flute Competition. In February 2002, he was inducted into the Comhaltas Traditional Irish Music Hall of Fame. Mike can truly be called a living treasure of Irish traditional music, and he is also a local legend as he now resides in Catskill, N.Y.

Furlongs is right in town located on the main road (Route 145)
Currently there are rooms available.
518-634-7687

To register, please contact Joyce through the private message feature here at C&F