Joannie Madden

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
glauber
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by glauber »

This gives me an idea for a sticker for my flute case:
My other flute is a Miyazawa!
And in my case, it would be correct.
On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog!
--Wellsprings--
michaelS

Post by michaelS »

elizabeth wrote:Actually, MichaelS, I think Joanie's flute is a Miyazawa. Much better, even, than the Murumatsu, IMHO.

Elizabeth
Hi Elizeberh and everyone,

Oh, is it. I seem to remember reading that it was a murumatsu a few years ago, but I may be wrong. It is interesting that you think Miyazawa is a better make than Murumatsu, especially as you are a maker. I generally hear the other way around, when talking to flute technicians mainly talking about mechanical problems, (one person, said that Murumatsuhad gone down hill in recent years, due to some engineer leaving) Early this year I got a new flute and considered Murumatsu, Miyazawa and Yamaha, and all played really well. I ended up with the yamaha 784h as it was considerably cheaper than the equivelents, here in Singapore (It seems Yamaha is generally cheaper here that in other US and Australia, my yamaha piano was also really cheap here)
regards
Michael
johnkerr

Post by johnkerr »

glauber wrote:That's Michael (Lord of the Dance) Flatley. The photo is from his Web site, but i stole it from another thread in this board.
But you know what the biggest of the many abominations is in that photo? That's a keyless Olwell flute he's playing, which he's somehow doctored up with all that silver flash. Or maybe Patrick O made that a condition in selling the flute to him, i.e "If you're gonna play this flute without a shirt on, then you've gotta make it unrecognizable as one of mine!"
lllebret

Post by lllebret »

Joanie's flute is definately a Miyazawa, not that it matters. It sounds the way it does because she's the one playing it, not because of the brand. On the final concert at Boxwood she played her flute with one of Jonathan Landell's titanium heads, and sounded like herself, not that different from when she played her own head in class (however it was miked at the concert so subtle differences would be hard for me to tell).