Bill Clinton in Hospital

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Claus von Weiss
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Claus von Weiss »

Get better soon, Bill!

Those were the days, when the worst job done in the White House was a b...job! :wink:
david-z

Post by david-z »

I will pray.
"Where is the Wisdom we have lost in Knowledge? Where is the Knowledge we have lost in Information?"
~~~~~T.S. Elliot~~~~~
brewerpaul
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by brewerpaul »

My best to Bill too--
BTW-- that Northern Westchester Hospital, where he had his angiogram is in Mt. Kisco, as in The Maids of Mt. Kisco. Really. It's my hometown, and I had a chance to ask Mick Moloney about that tune title-- he verified that it is indeed named for that suburban NY town. Mt. K is right next to Chappaqua where the Clintons live.
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
JMcCYoung

Post by JMcCYoung »

brewerpaul wrote: ...
BTW-- that Northern Westchester Hospital, where he had his angiogram is in Mt. Kisco, as in The Maids of Mt. Kisco. Really. It's my hometown, and I had a chance to ask Mick Moloney about that tune title-- he verified that it is indeed named for that suburban NY town. Mt. K is right next to Chappaqua where the Clintons live.
On which tune, see:

http://www.ibiblio.org/fiddlers/MAID.ht ... OUNT_KISCO

Since I think it's been a while since the site's been mentioned (and it moved a few months ago) this is a good opportunity to put in a plug for the Fiddler's Companion:

http://www.ibiblio.org/fiddlers/index.html

John
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

brewerpaul wrote: Mt. K is right next to Chappaqua where the Clintons live.
That, I assume, would be the Chappaqua of Ornette Coleman's Chappaqua Suite. Does every town in the region have a bit of music named after it?
kga26

Post by kga26 »

Most of us Brits have a real fondness for Bill Clinton (especially since the alternative reared it's ugly head) I hope he recovers soon. Long live the Irish sense of humour, thats the funniest thing I've read all week (the Irish Breakfast) and I'm sure B.C would appreciate it.
Zubivka

Post by Zubivka »

Claus Von Weiß, Glauber -- you summed it all up: cool, and his worst crime...

The guy could blow a tenor, yet fell for a solo on the enchanted flute.
We Frenchmen* (or maybe only 98% percent of us) never understood what made him a criminal, over there. Cultural divide.

58 is young for a coronary surgery, but so much more chances to survive it.
I don't pray much (for lack of a full address), so here's one to a great American. Cheers, Bill, and, well, keep it up...

* PS & PC : generic, non-gender term, i.e. which includes women...

PPS: just learnt through a reliable source (C&F) he recorded with Wynton Marsalis, too ;)
Chuck_Clark

Post by Chuck_Clark »

He apparently had annual clean checkups while in office. That's not at all hard to believe, really. I know numerous folks, myself included, who were in apparently perfect health right up until the heart attack or potential heart attack surfaced. Mine were all before the age of 48, at a time when I was cycling over 4000 miles a year.

I liked Bill Clinton and would have voted for him again had I been allowed to do it and I think history will be far kinder to him than were the right wing talking heads and late night comics. I don't do the god/prayer thing, but my good wishes are easily given in this case.
Its Winter - Gotta learn to play the blues
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

Chuck_Clark wrote:He apparently had annual clean checkups while in office. That's not at all hard to believe, really. I know numerous folks, myself included, who were in apparently perfect health right up until the heart attack or potential heart attack surfaced. Mine were all before the age of 48, at a time when I was cycling over 4000 miles a year.
Yes, one of the oldest men I've ever known had suffered a major heart attack while still in his thirties. Proof both that it can strike at a relatively young age, and also that one can recover. I also recall, several years ago, hearing that one of my cousins suffered a fatal heart attack while still in his twenties.
Reasonable person
Walden
RonKiley

Post by RonKiley »

The fast food diet can be a killer. My father had a heart attack at 40 and a fatal attack at 48. I had an attack at 63 followed by bypass surgery. Prior to the attack I had been to Ireland and had that Irish breakfast every day for 2 weeks. But the real problem was that I ate at McD's every day sometimes twice in one day, big tastee, super size fries.
My cholesterol was 290 with HDL of 32. Now my cholesterol is 160 with HDL of 42. All components are within desired values. Before the attack I could not lift 30 pounds. Now I bench press 300.

Life style changes make a tremendous difference. I hope President Clinton will make the changes necessary. If he does he will be around for many years.

Ron
kga26

Mc Donalds and Bill

Post by kga26 »

I would rather eat the boxes that McDonalds comes in, it is more tastey. However, my daughter thinks that it is a great treat. Perhaps this is because she is only allowed one once a month...or perhaps it is because she gets a free Barbie doll with every mouthful......get em young! Will it be a free comforter with every packet of ciggies next?

Poor old Bill, might not even be down to the chips, could be genetic. He's certainly had plenty of excersise so rumour has it ! Probably the stress.

Theres one thing for certain though he'll be paying an arm and a leg for his health care, should have come to England, it's free to be ill, and you get a free rat with every hospital corridor you have to lie in for more than six hours!javascript:emoticon(':boggle:')

:boggle: