Cursing/Swearing without really Cursing/Swearing

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
nancymae
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by nancymae »

That was funny Pat....although I would NEVER put my whistle through the torture of putting that in other's anatomy.......my whistles are tooo precious to be wasted on the ignoramous's of this world!!

Now...my recorders...THAT'S A DIFFERENT STORY!!

It's almost quittin time,

and Miller time,
Nancy
TelegramSam

Post by TelegramSam »

Father Jack from <i>Father Ted</i>'s entire vocabulary:

"Feck! Drink! sh*t! Girls!"
<i>The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.</i>
Darwin

Post by Darwin »

Pat Cannady wrote:Nurse! Cranio-rectal extraction kit STAT!
Now that's funny! :lol: :lol: :lol:

A couple made up for TV shows:
    "Sit on it!"
    "Kiss my grits!"

My favorite adjective: blag-stagggin' (from Pogo)
Mike Wright

"When an idea is wanting, a word can always be found to take its place."
 --Goethe
anniemcu
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

My momma was fond of the "I site ye the fecal matter of an adult male bovine" school of insult and seft swipe... it usually went right over the head of whomever was targeted, but it left a stain, LOL...

I'm all too adept at the down and dirty, single sylable stuff, but prefer to carry on her tradition.

One of my favorites is diagnosing cases of "severe cerebral-anal inversion"
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
TonyHiggins

Post by TonyHiggins »

I was working at a group home for disturbed teens and a counselor was sitting at a desk doing paper work. He looked around for a stapler or something and couldn't find one because another worker had moved it. He issued an utterance with all the intensity and bile I'd ever witnessed: "Frickin frack!" I thought, 'I'll have to remember that.' It was powerful.

My mom (that sweet little woman the Chiff gatherers met) back in the day,when we used to annoy her, would go, "Go to Blazes!" or "Go to Hades" (pronounced hay days). I've never heard her actually use an official cuss word in my entire life. My favorite outburst of hers was, "Ill box your ears for you."
Tony
http://tinwhistletunes.com/clipssnip/newspage.htm Officially, the government uses the term “flap,” describing it as “a condition, a situation or a state of being, of a group of persons, characterized by an advanced degree of confusion that has not quite reached panic proportions.”
Darwin

Post by Darwin »

I don't recall ever hearing a strong word from my father, though I'm sure he must have uttered the occasional "Darn!" or "Doggone it!"

My mother, on the other hand, was prone to get quite rowdy, with "Oh, fudge!" and "Oh, sugar!" When pushed to the limit, she sometimes cut loose with "Heck, heck, heck!"

When she'd really lose it and come out with "Damn it!", my father would try to remind her to restrain herself, saying, "Now Inez..." (for that was her name).

I guess this kind of thing is hereditary, because I often use strong phrasing, like "Dang it!" or even "Blast it all to heck!" I'm sure I got that from my mother. I always tried to avoid that kind of language in front of the kids, though.
Mike Wright

"When an idea is wanting, a word can always be found to take its place."
 --Goethe
CHIFF FIPPLE

Post by CHIFF FIPPLE »

Stuff it i'm no gettin in ta this :roll:
ImageStacey has the most bodacious fipples! & Message board
http://whistlenstrings.invisionzone.com ... t=0&p=3303&
fluter_d

Post by fluter_d »

For years, my mother would say "Sugar honey ice tea!" when something was going wrong. It only dawned on me recently what you end up with if you only use the first letter of each... She has since given up and is more direct and forceful, when the occasion arises.
blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

I like Winnie the Pooh's "Oh bother."

I heard my brother in law call a guy a "rectal orifice" once. I thought that was the most artistic insult I ever heard.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which is least known--Montaigne

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato
TonyHiggins

Post by TonyHiggins »

Understating can be very powerful when used judiciously. I was at a minister's house for dinner. After dinner, the minister, I, and a good friend of his, a computer genius, were sitting in the den discussing the computer, eating brownies and ice cream, or something like that. The computer guy drops some off his fork to the carpet, looks with dismay, and says, in a tone like someone just died, "Oh, no." I'd have given him an Academy Award.
Tony
http://tinwhistletunes.com/clipssnip/newspage.htm Officially, the government uses the term “flap,” describing it as “a condition, a situation or a state of being, of a group of persons, characterized by an advanced degree of confusion that has not quite reached panic proportions.”
IDAwHOa
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

Seems we are all quite creative in disguising our anger, frustrations and fears behind words that seem to be benign, but have a totally different meaning when taken in context. How do you feel about the thought that no matter how innocent or masked the substitute word(s) is that it could still be considered a curse word if its true intent is to, well, curse?

For example:

fluter_d's moter would say:
Sugar honey ice tea!
Even though each of the words taken individually have no significant meaning, all told they truely are an expression of cursing. Does this person really think they are getting out of the "curse" paradigm by doing this?

How about you, do you mask your curse words for this reason? If you do, why?
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
fancypiper
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by fancypiper »

Pease up your birdie!
Whistling Willie
Tell us something.: I love whistling and I have been a member of this forum for many years now.I have found it very informative and helpful over the years that I have been here.

Post by Whistling Willie »

:boggle: EAT MY GOAL :boggle:

:boggle: GO GET YOUR HEAD READ :boggle:
vomitbunny

Post by vomitbunny »

Mother Pus Bucket.
My opinion is stupid and wrong.
lyrick

Post by lyrick »

My dad would say "Jesus H. Christ !". I guess he didn't think he was using THE Jesus' name as a curse, but instead this other guy named Jesus H. Christ.