reasons not to complain about your job

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Dale
The Landlord
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

reasons not to complain about your job

Post by Dale »

These pictures are circulating via email like a virus, but I think they provide a useful meditation and didn't want anyone to miss them.

See:

http://www.dalewisely.com/notyourjob/
Last edited by Dale on Mon Aug 16, 2004 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Loren
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

Uhh, where's the instrument maker photo?

Loren
scottielvr

Post by scottielvr »

Oh, never mind...[edited as comment is no longer relevant; order has been restored] :o
Last edited by scottielvr on Mon Aug 16, 2004 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
glauber

Re: OT: reasons not to complain about your job

Post by glauber »

DaleWisely wrote:These pictures are circulating via email like a virus, but I think they provide a useful meditation and didn't want anyone to miss them.

See:

http://www.dalewisely.com/notyourjob/
Hehehe, the guy holding the target is priceless!

They even have a picture of the place where i work!

The only thing missing is the sign that says "Abandon all hope all ye who enter", but that was a relatively recent adition, after the picture had been taken.
On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog!
--Wellsprings--
missy

Post by missy »

truthfully, the last one IS from the company I work for - but, I, thank god, am in a different division!!!
Whenever we go to "cross GBU symposia" I am SO glad I work in food!
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

missy wrote:truthfully, the last one IS from the company I work for - but, I, thank god, am in a different division!!!
Whenever we go to "cross GBU symposia" I am SO glad I work in food!
The last one reminds me of my job but in a more metaphoric sense.
OutOfBreath

Post by OutOfBreath »

I think of all of them I'd rather be the guy holding the target - at least you can be reasonably sure you won't be stuck in that job for 50 years! :lol:
John
-------
The Internet is wonderful. Surely there have always been thousands of people deeply concerned about my sex life and the quality of my septic tank but before the Internet I never heard from any of them.
TonyHiggins

Post by TonyHiggins »

Then you go off on vacation...

http://tinwhistletunes.com/clipssnip/newspage.htm Officially, the government uses the term “flap,” describing it as “a condition, a situation or a state of being, of a group of persons, characterized by an advanced degree of confusion that has not quite reached panic proportions.”
Darwin

Post by Darwin »

The first one would be me, except that since downsizing, I'm the only employee in the office. (Looks like a modern version of the Orson Welles film of Kafka's "The Trial", doesn't it?)

I've actually done a variation of the third one. While stationed on Taiwan (1964-66), the US troops had to go to a Chinese NCO academy to use the rifle range, and the translators had to go downrange to work in the "Pits", telling the Chinese soldiers when to raise and lower targets, according to instructions we received via landline. We got a few splinters, and--as the target frames had nails and other metal parts, I kept expecting to get something worse. Somehow, being in a four-foot-deep pit wasn't all that reassuring to six-foot-three me. :P
Mike Wright

"When an idea is wanting, a word can always be found to take its place."
 --Goethe
IDAwHOa
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

I'll have to let the supervisors at work know that they have their noses sniffing the wrong place. What a silly mistake!
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
Rando7

Post by Rando7 »

It's not very funny, but I sure wouldn't want <a HREF="http://students.kennesaw.edu/~lac7780/u ... .jpg">this guy's</a> job. He's a member of the lowest caste in India.
pixyy
Tell us something.: Just updating my profile after 16+ years of C&F membership. Sold most of my flutes, play the ones I still own and occasionally still enjoy coming here and read about flute related subjects.

Post by pixyy »

I wonder what happens to the guy in the middle when one day he comes in late for work...
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

That shark picture strikes a horrifying primordial chord of terror into me.
I have had reoccuring dreams for nearly 30 years about amorphous, opaque yet starkly deadly evil. It used to be a huge fish that swam, barely seen in murky foul smelling water. Finally in one of the dreams I killed the fish and it's never returned.
Now the dreams are all about finding hidden doors in my house that lead to enormous, wonderfully furnished rooms and hallways but the further I explore these hitherto unknown parts I get closer so a "something" that is so evil and malevolent that I usually wake up sweating. This shark picture recalls that very feeling.

Weird huh?
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
moxy

Post by moxy »

geek4music wrote:Now the dreams are all about finding hidden doors in my house that lead to enormous, wonderfully furnished rooms and hallways but the further I explore these hitherto unknown parts I get closer so a "something" that is so evil and malevolent that I usually wake up sweating. This shark picture recalls that very feeling.

Weird huh?
Have you ever had your dreams analyzed by someone in the know? I know a little (I'm nowhere near knowing enough...) and I know that dreaming about your house is really dreaming about your own spiritual state. If your rooms are wonderfully furnished, it's because the parts of you they represent are also wonderfully furnished (metaphorically). However, that "something" you speak of might be another part of you that you are denying because of some fear. It's probably something quite amazing about yourself too :)

uh, but you didn't ask me about that did you....

What was the original post about anyway?... :boggle:
moxy

Re: OT: reasons not to complain about your job

Post by moxy »

Oh yeah, that's it.

Of course, these stopped me from complaining for a few minutes. Thanks Dale.