How many whistles do you own?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.

How many whistles do you own.

Poll ended at Tue Aug 17, 2004 10:14 am

1 - 5
17%
5 - 10
23%
10 - 15
17%
15 - 20
13%
20 - Infinity
30%

Total votes: 90

SirNick
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I love Irish music! I am mostly a whistle player but would like to learn more about flutes. I also have a couple older whistles I'd like to sell and maybe pick up a bamboo flute to practice with.

Post by SirNick »

I've never sold a whistle so far. I have sold flutes, guitars, basses, amps, and one very nice piano which my wife will never let me hear the end of! :evil:

I'm sorry I didn't poll the numbers higher. I didn't realize I had so many soul mates out there!
"You have my undivided attention"
Bloomfield

Post by Bloomfield »

PhilO wrote:May also be interested in trying Overtons again....hear that Bloomfield?

Regards,

Philo
Yes, I hear that. :) Let's talk about Overtons and about repairing that F Grinter and about the B-flat.... if you get my drift.
/Bloomfield
CHIFF FIPPLE
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by CHIFF FIPPLE »

I have ten Whistles and Three flutes by other makers, :o an about 500 Alba's :lol:, and I have sold and given away thousands :P
ImageStacey has the most bodacious fipples! & Message board
http://whistlenstrings.invisionzone.com ... t=0&p=3303&
RonKiley

Post by RonKiley »

I have about 30 mostly cheapies. I have no wooden whistles. I like the sound of metal. But then I have never played a wooden whistle. I am contemplating a couple of more buys in the low D area.

Ron
SirNick
Tell us something.: I love Irish music! I am mostly a whistle player but would like to learn more about flutes. I also have a couple older whistles I'd like to sell and maybe pick up a bamboo flute to practice with.

Post by SirNick »

Ron,
I went for a long time with metal or other non-wood whistles only. After I had D's in all the makers I was interested in I bought a Busman Olivewood. I must say, the wooden whistles have a beautiful earthy tone that none of my metal whistles have. The maintenance issue is always there, but it balances out with the sheer beauty and (hopefully) tonal quality most good wooden whistles offer.
"You have my undivided attention"
Jack

Post by Jack »

I have fewer than 10, and I never play them anymore. The ones I've kept are sentimental or broken.
RonKiley

Post by RonKiley »

Well Sirnick that is on my list. I would really like a Busman Birdseye Maple. All things in due time.

Ron
PhilO

Post by PhilO »

Alas Glauber, Bloomfield I already have a specific individual who's getting the Grinter F. But I'd be willing to talk trade re the Grinter Bflat...

Best,

Philo
"This is this; this ain't something else. This is this." - Robert DeNiro, "The Deer Hunter," 1978.
JillyKB

Post by JillyKB »

Oh the desire to print this thread off and show it to the people who made fun of me when I bought whistle #2 is so strong! 'Course, then they'll make fun of me for going to a messageboard about whistles :roll:. Anyways, I've only been whistling since July 2ish... plus I'm an unemployed college student so I have no $... kinda limits the number of whistles I can buy. I have 2 so far. The An Seisiun D whistle that a friend got me at Bush Gardens and the Gen. C that I bought a couple of weeks later. I ordered a Clarke Original D from a local music store, but it still hasn't come yet. Appearantly there is a big backorder.
CHIFF FIPPLE

Post by CHIFF FIPPLE »

Cranberry wrote:I have fewer than 10, and I never play them anymore. The ones I've kept are sentimental or broken.
Oh------------- :-? whats up with the whistle Cran, or is it that your to busy posting to play.
I hope you have not lost intrest.
CHIFF FIPPLE

Post by CHIFF FIPPLE »

Cranberry wrote:I have fewer than 10, and I never play them anymore. The ones I've kept are sentimental or broken.
Oh------------- :-? whats up with the whistle Cran, or is it that your to busy posting to play.
CHIFF FIPPLE

Post by CHIFF FIPPLE »

CHIFF FIPPLE

Post by CHIFF FIPPLE »

John S

Post by John S »

100 ish.
Yes I know that's a bit over the top, but let me explain about 10 years ago there was an explosion of cheap Asian whistle on sale in Oxfam shops and other places, so when I found a hoard I would go through them all and pick one or two nice ones.
Some of these I tweaked into good Whistle in lots of different Keys, the rest I haven’t got round to yet
So I'm not weird or anything, I just can't let a good cheap Whistle go to waste.
John S
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

Around 19. But I have 11 flutes and a piccolo. I guess I'm not as far gone as I feared. Thank you all for adding perspective.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm