Totally hyper...look what will be in my backyard this Autumn

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
avanutria
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: A long time chatty Chiffer but have been absent for almost two decades. Returned in 2022 and still recognize some names! I also play anglo concertina now.

Totally hyper...look what will be in my backyard this Autumn

Post by avanutria »

An bhfuil aon dearmad i mo Ghaeilge? Abair mé, le do thoil!
Montana
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Montana »

The Return To Camden Concerts look very cool. But looking at the photos on the website (now I know what Charlie Lennon looks like), I noticed there weren't any whistle players (plenty of flute players).
You'll have to change that... 8)
blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

Very cool, Beth! How exciting!
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which is least known--Montaigne

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

Totally hyper hyperlinks. :)
Reasonable person
Walden
moxy

Post by moxy »

Ooooh, that Camden concerts event looks quite interesting! Geez I wish I could go to that too...

Beth, you're so lucky...
avanutria
Tell us something.: A long time chatty Chiffer but have been absent for almost two decades. Returned in 2022 and still recognize some names! I also play anglo concertina now.

Post by avanutria »

Oops, I just want to clarify that I'm not trying to brag or anything, I needed to vent some excitement this morning. Hope no one takes it the wrong way!

(If I did come across the wrong way - it may make you feel better to know that I will quite possibly be flat broke by next summer!)
KDMARTINKY

Post by KDMARTINKY »

If I can get my wifes permission, can I go with you atleast for those 10 great nights.... I don't eat much and I can fit in a large suitcase. How about it? :P
Keith

Bionn dha insint ar sceal agus leagon deag ar amhran
There are two versions of every story and twelve of every song
avanutria

Post by avanutria »

Heehee, I may have floor space in my dorm room, come on over!

I think I am going to like living in Camden, even if it IS a half hour from campus..
Redwolf
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Redwolf »

I am sooooooo jealous!

BTW, I posted the recipe for Gobs, aka "Suzy-Qs" in the sweets thread. Don't know if you saw it or not.

Redwolf
...agus déanfaidh mé do mholadh ar an gcruit a Dhia, a Dhia liom!

Post by Guest »

Camden Town has a long long history amoung the Irish emigrants in the UK, used be the center of some great Folk music and here I am NOT talking about TW Flutes Etc but Folksinging and Recitations but OC in the USA the mention of these leeaves everybody utterly lost, so I better explain a bit about it.

Irish folk music also has a vast store of Songs, Poems/Recitations and Stories which used be very popular in Europe but oddly not in the USA. So ,for example, while the Dubliners were top of the pops in the UK and Ireland most Yanks had never heard of them, and today when finaly the magic did find its way across the pond - 40 years later - we have dozens of bands all over the US playing the songs but not a word about the origins of them.

On the same thing, I laughed to read about a French club in Paris France which hired one of these eegit bands because the French loved the songs NOT knowing OC that the source of it all had been and gone in Blighty and Ireland nearly half a century before.

To me, a blues nut, its like a person discovering Leadbelly after 30 years of Rock and Roll.