Revenge of the Sith

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Dale
The Landlord
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Revenge of the Sith

Post by Dale »

George Lucas. George, George, George. That's the name of the 3rd, and if there is a God of mercy, final Star Wars prequel. Revenge of the Sith. Great.

In a related topic: Shooting for the Indian Jones IV movie has been postponed because George Lucas didn't like the script. George, George. Undoubtedly, while Harrison Ford ages further, George Lucas willl want to have the script reworked to include more excitement--like have it be about TRADE. Worked so well for Star Wars Episodes I & II.

I cared nothing about the characters in either movie. As in, whether they lived or died. The fight scene with Yoda was over-rated. But, boy-o-boy, did I enjoy having Samuel L. Jackson and all those aliens sitting around in a big circle and talking about trade and treaties. YEAH!!!

I'm sorry. I've long been aware that sarcasm isn't very attractive on me.

Anyway, read all about it at http://www.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/Movies/ ... index.html

Dale
PhilO

Post by PhilO »

Actually, I think you're rather sardonic :D

Philo
"This is this; this ain't something else. This is this." - Robert DeNiro, "The Deer Hunter," 1978.
mamakash

Re: OT: Revenge of the Sith

Post by mamakash »

DaleWisely wrote:I'm sorry. I've long been aware that sarcasm isn't very attractive on me.
Oh, I don't know. Didn't you model the latest in scarcasm in your last posted photo? You looked FABULOUS!

Anyway, my dad's wondering when the next movie is coming out, so I e-mailed him your post and link. I loved the original Star Wars movies, but the latest movies have been disappointing. Yawn.

By the way, cute avatar.
I sing the birdie tune
It makes the birdies swoon
It sends them to the moon
Just like a big balloon
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

MarkB

Post by MarkB »

I'll bite! Whats a Sith?

MarkB
Everybody has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
colomon
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Whistle player, aspiring C#/D accordion and flute player, and aspiring tunesmith. Particularly interested in the music of South Sligo and Newfoundland. Inspired by the music of Peter Horan, Fred Finn, Rufus Guinchard, Emile Benoit, and Liz Carroll.

I've got some compositions up at http://www.harmonyware.com/tunes/SolsTunes.html

Post by colomon »

The quick response is that the Sith are the Jedi's opposite number -- those who tap into the Dark Side of the Force, like Darth Vader and the Emperor.

The long response is way too geeky for me to admit I know.
ChrisLaughlin

Post by ChrisLaughlin »

I used to be a big Star Wars fan, like most of the world, but since the release of the prequels Star Wars is dead to me. I try to pretend it doesn't even exist because I just so angry and frustrated as soon as I start thinking about it.

:evil: Chris
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

colomon wrote:The quick response is that the Sith are the Jedi's opposite number -- those who tap into the Dark Side of the Force, like Darth Vader and the Emperor.

Aha.

Sith. Sith. There's a nice, reptilian sibilance to it. Sith.
Paul

Post by Paul »

ChrisLaughlin wrote:I used to be a big Star Wars fan, like most of the world, but since the release of the prequels Star Wars is dead to me. I try to pretend it doesn't even exist because I just so angry and frustrated as soon as I start thinking about it.

Yup.

:moreevil: I am still furious about Phantom Menace. I didn't even bother renting the video to Clone Wars much less see it in the theater. I have to agree with Dale. I hope that this last one upcoming is the end. What a huge disappointment these prequels have been especially considering how great it could have been. :x

I heard once that if you were paying close attention in Phantom Menace that there was a group of "Phone home ETs" in that scene where all the planetary dignitaries were on those floating platforms discussing whatever deal it was they were trying to make. Has anyone heard this before or actually seen it? It's probably not true but given the cheezyness of the whole film I wouldn't be surprised if was.
brewerpaul
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by brewerpaul »

ChrisLaughlin wrote:I used to be a big Star Wars fan, like most of the world, but since the release of the prequels Star Wars is dead to me. I try to pretend it doesn't even exist because I just so angry and frustrated as soon as I start thinking about it.

Nah-- just wait 'til the FINAL three movies!
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
NZ_Chris

Post by NZ_Chris »

Yeah that's right ... Lucas orginally planned for NINE movies ... Three before the original set and three after... Let us hope that nothing comes of that vile plan.
missy

Post by missy »

Noah is a walking Star Wars encyclopedia. He was SO excited when PM came out (I did manage to get him to wait until the Saturday matinee, not go see it on a Wed school night a midnight). He's 13 now, and PM came out, what, 5 years ago? So he was 8.
When we were standing in line, he says to me "Oh, Mom, this is just like Christmas!". During the movie, he saw just about every nuance - and yes, he noticed the E.T. aliens. He also noticed the people from "Willow".

But when it got time for Qui-Gon to die, Noah started having a FIT. Especially in the "funeral" scene. "He's a JEDI MASTER!!! His body shouldn't be there, it should have disappeared when he died to be one with the force. Just like Obi-Won. Just like Yoda. Just like Anakin". I had to keep saying "Noah, shut UP!".

His favorite is still ESB. He has all of the cards for the Trivial Pursuit game memorized.

He also loves LOTR (and was practicing Elvish languages this summer).

The kid IS really weird. I have NO idea where he gets if from!!!!!

Leia, I mean, Missy
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com
jhonan

Post by jhonan »

I feel the same way about The Matrix 2 and 3 ..... :moreevil:
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

NZ_Chris wrote:Yeah that's right ... Lucas orginally planned for NINE movies ... Three before the original set and three after... Let us hope that nothing comes of that vile plan.
It's a shame someone can't give the franchise to someone other than Lucas, in hope it could redeemed by decent episodes 7-9 as Lucas originally planned.

And I agree with the Matrix II & III remark. What in the hell were they thinking?

Chiff & Fipple II and III will probably stink, too.

Dale
caniadafallon

Post by caniadafallon »

MarkB wrote:I'll bite! Whats a Sith?
colomon wrote:The quick response is that the Sith are the Jedi's opposite number -- those who tap into the Dark Side of the Force, like Darth Vader and the Emperor.

That's interesting... Sith (pronounced 'shee') means peace in Irish Gaelic and is sometimes used in regards to the Faery Folk, as is Sidhe [faery mound or hill], which is also pronounced 'shee'.

~Ad
Music washes away from the soul
the dust of everyday life.
~Berthold Auerbach