Branded?

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
irishduffy

Post by irishduffy »

Tha thu cho duaichnidh ri èarr àirde de a' coisich deas damh

Is that english? No but it might be Gaelic?

How did I make you mad anyway station I was joking with dubhlinn. :-?

Żałujący irytować was jesteście wy polerujecie przypadkowo.?

Nice to know you dont like the irish, on a board dedicated in part to there music.
station
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by station »

Irishduffy as long as it was just a joke with dubhlinn, i never said i didnt like the irish , im sorry that dubhlinn just made me so mad saying that about Rod Stewart , i really do love the irish , i think you are the most wonderful people in the world , ps i take back what i said , hope i didnt upset you to much, and the Irish are wonderful song writers and poets , hope i have made my peace, but im still mad at Dubhlinn for saying that about Rod, what do you think irishduffy , what part of Ireland do you live in .
irishduffy

Post by irishduffy »

What part of Ireland. The one across from canada called michigan. Suprise to you and dubhlinn maybe, I was born in the Usa I am a
yank. Irish is used as prefix, I'm a Irish-pollock. But I am going to Ireland next year to be ridiculed and called a yank for 2-3 years to finish my degree. I do have family in the states from Ireland and a slew from poland. Grew up in a cultural family you could say.

Edited- I got ripped off, have cousins born in raised there, I just got dumped on the other side of the pond. :lol:

This leads to a good question, how do the Irish take to Americans moving over. Some people I know ran into some hostiles, telling them to go home as they were house shopping. The Irish did not want them buying the land. That is ironic as my grandparent got that when the came to the US being Irish. :lol: Maybe no one wants my family? :lol:
Last edited by irishduffy on Sat Jul 24, 2004 12:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

station wrote:...i never said i didnt like the irish...
I have to be missing something here, right?
irishduffy

Post by irishduffy »

Nanohedron wrote:
station wrote:...i never said i didnt like the irish...
I have to be missing something here, right?
Well I wish I could answer that but I to was confused. :D
dubhlinn

Post by dubhlinn »

:boggle: :boggle:
Lord Almighty what is goin'down here!!!
I used to think that the Americans were a bit...different, but this Canadian act is a piece of serious work.
Can't be real,maybe Dale is doing some sort of psychological research or just having a mad crack .
Hey Station,
You seem to know a bit about Tom Waits,but what's the story with the Rod Stupid pictures?Every picture tells a story but this one is more of a mystery than a comedy.I take it that you are not a big fan of ITM so , in a word,Why?

Slan,
D.

BTW Duffy, I have been called worse things in my time than an Irish Pollak--a lot worse :wink:
And many a poor man that has roved,
Loved and thought himself beloved,
From a glad kindness cannot take his eyes.

W.B.Yeats
jonharl

Post by jonharl »

All points bulletin: This thread is officially hijacked. :)
amar
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

well, I love a good rib-eye steak.

beer, anyone?
station

Post by station »

oh hi its me im so sorry ,i had a very bad experience yesterday, is it okay if i talk about it, im on my own and i have no one to listen to me ,so does anyone want to know what happened , it might explain why i was a bit mean to irishduffy, so let me know, i will be waiting, thank you in advance,
toughknot

Post by toughknot »

Who remembers Hec Ramsey?It wasnt on long but I enjoyed it.Kind of a hard core Colombo type sherriff.Used fancy early police science detective booklearnin he got at some institute or such back east.Cant recall the theme song er music neither.
I shall never bitter be so long as I can laugh at me.
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

station wrote:WALDEN DO YOU LIKE MR STEWART
I've never listened to him, so I couldn't venture an opinion. What style music is it?
Reasonable person
Walden
jkrazy52

Post by jkrazy52 »

Any one remember the Superman comics when he would get sent to Bizarro world .. a kind of fractured, alternate Earth? Suddenly, it seems like C&F may be suffering from the same problem ......

~Judy

:D
PhilO

Post by PhilO »

Actually the alternate bizarro world universe has also been done on Seinfeld and on the original Star Trek Remember, when Spock had that devilishly pointed goatee and at the end of course turned out pretty much like the "good" Spock; France Nguyen was also in it as the alternate Kirk's girl friend who provided the secret weapon (actually surreptitious audio/visual monitoring devices) allowing goatee Spock to help the good guys beam back to their own universe...

But now that you mention it, this Board has felt a bit "alternative" lately...will we get back...tune in whistle trekkies... :boggle:

Philo
"This is this; this ain't something else. This is this." - Robert DeNiro, "The Deer Hunter," 1978.
station

Post by station »

Hi Walden Mr Stewarts music well what can i say the man can sing anything, my personal favourite is Down Town Train its a beautiful beautiful song , now some people would say he is washed up, but Walden dont listen to them,try find that song of Mr Stewarts and tell me what you think, and Walden thanks for replying to me, iwas getting very upset because no one answered me so thank you , thank you Walden, oh Walden just for you i put a new photo of Mr Stewart up .
TonyHiggins

Post by TonyHiggins »

Before this thread crosses the event horizon of page 2, I just wanted to comment on our perception as kids (pre-70's) of the Indians as the bad guys. I'm guessing the turnaround came with Little Big Man (Dustin Hoffman). It seemed unbelieveable that the US Cavalry would do such things. I heard that film was referring to the My Lai massacre in Viet Nam. A lot of things were changing back then. How will we see ourselves as we are today 20 or 30 yrs from now?
Tony
http://tinwhistletunes.com/clipssnip/newspage.htm Officially, the government uses the term “flap,” describing it as “a condition, a situation or a state of being, of a group of persons, characterized by an advanced degree of confusion that has not quite reached panic proportions.”