CNN: Eight more gored by Pamplona bulls

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Dale
The Landlord
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

CNN: Eight more gored by Pamplona bulls

Post by Dale »

Eight more gored by Pamplona bulls, says CNN.com

I got an idea.

Dear Pamplona,

STOP HAVING AN EVENT WHERE PEOPLE ARE CHASED BY BULLS. IT'S DANGEROUS. Build a tourist attraction. Maybe a theme park featuring a relatively safe "getting chased by bulls" ride.

Sincerely,

Dale Wisely

Dear Pamplona Bull Runners-From,

STOP GOING TO PAMPLONA AND LETTING YOURSELF GET CHASED AND GORED BY BULLS. There are other nice cities in Europe. Go to those.

Sincerely,

Dale Wisely

Dear Pamplona Tourists,

STOP GOING TO WATCH PEOPLE GET TRAMPLED AND GORED BY BULLS. There are lots of other fun things to do while in Europe. Do those.

Sincerely,

Dale Wisely

Dear C & F Forum Members,

Don't let anyone ever tell you I'm not a genius. I have smart ideas like these all the time about how to solve problems such as, PEOPLE GETTING RUN DOWN AND GORED BY BULLS.

Sincerely,

Dale Wisely
Last edited by Dale on Mon Jul 12, 2004 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

I think that this is were virtual reality techology might come in handy, or even 3D Imax thingie would be handy.

Imagine how fast people would run if they sat in a theatre and were bored by Al Gore....they can safely say that they were gored but not hurt :D

MarkB
Everybody has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

MarkB wrote: Imagine how fast people would run if they sat in a theatre and were bored by Al Gore....
MarkB
Not easy to make this into a political thread. Nice.

Dale
Henke
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Henke »

The bull rush or whatever it's called doesn't at all concern me as much as bull fighting. In the bull rush, people (generally young men) go out to prove they are real men by taking this insane risk. It's probably more than proving they are men tough. They are probably thrill seekers, adrenalin addicts and there is nothing wrong with that. I have a past in extreme sports myself so I have a faint idea of what it's about. If they get killed it's their own fault and I do think they are well aware of the risks before they go out there. This is a sport, a dangerous sport, a real sport, just like racing.

Bullfighting tough is not a sport because the bull hasn't got a fair chance. The bull is the one who gets killed every time. It's barbaric and pointless.
glauber

Post by glauber »

I think it's a good thing, in a Darwinian sense. Thin out the genome. They should have these in Washington DC.
On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog!
--Wellsprings--
jbarter

Post by jbarter »

There's another festival somewhere where the entire town fight each other by throwing tomatoes, ending up ankle deep in pulped tomato. Couldn't we merge these two together? It has the makings of a great post-festival barbecue. :D
May the joy of music be ever thine.
(BTW, my name is John)
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Wasn't it an episode of Northern Exposure, that had a version of the running of the bulls, where all the men in town had to run naked through the streets every spring? :o :oops:

MarkB
Everybody has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
TonyHiggins

Post by TonyHiggins »

It just occured to me where the word, 'gorey' comes from. I guess if you get gored in the gut and there's a wall behind you, that's gorey. If you were covered in tomato pulp, it wouldn't look so bad. Do the bulls always aim for the butt? Are they trained to due to insurance clauses?
Tony
Really, though. You ain't lived until you've done something really stupid and dangerous and lived to tell about it.
http://tinwhistletunes.com/clipssnip/newspage.htm Officially, the government uses the term “flap,” describing it as “a condition, a situation or a state of being, of a group of persons, characterized by an advanced degree of confusion that has not quite reached panic proportions.”
satyricon234

Post by satyricon234 »

The ancient Cretans had the sport of bull leaping. The brave contestant, both male and female, stood before a charging bull. At the last minute they leapt up, grabbed the horns and did a flip over the bull's back. I wish I could get that on ESPN. I don't know if it was a sport for sport sake or a ritual.
slowair

Post by slowair »

I say...

BRAVO FOR THE BULLS!!!

Why am I always surprised at the stupidity and the savagry of the human species?

Makes me wish I was a dog or something. You know, one of the really smart species on the planet.

Mike
OutOfBreath

Post by OutOfBreath »

DaleWisely wrote:
MarkB wrote: Imagine how fast people would run if they sat in a theatre and were bored by Al Gore....
MarkB
Not easy to make this into a political thread. Nice.

Dale
I wouldn't call that political - Gore's supporters admit he has about as much personality as a tree stump :D

A really political statement has to reveal something about one's politics, or at least stir up strong feelings, and saying that Al Gore is boring is kind of like saying day is usually brighter than night - not much sense arguing about it :lol:
John
-------
The Internet is wonderful. Surely there have always been thousands of people deeply concerned about my sex life and the quality of my septic tank but before the Internet I never heard from any of them.
Jerry Freeman

Post by Jerry Freeman »

Gore was remarkable for his ability to make fun of himself.

If you saw the Saturday Night Live episode that he and Tipper introduced, you know what I mean.

There was a speech, I think to the National Press Club, right after the flap about his using the wrong White House telephones to make fundraising calls. He sat at the front table while he was being introduced, talking on a telephone (a regular desk phone, not a cellphone). As the intro wound up and he was supposed to stand up for his speech, he said, "I'll have to get back to you," hung up and delivered his speech.

Best wishes,
Jerry
Chuck_Clark

Post by Chuck_Clark »

I have to agree with Glauber. Not only is this an excellent way of thinning the herd, but its one where the culls actually volunteer for the privilege. To improve it's efficacy, however, just give the medical folks the day off. Then thay can also go and watch the idiots do what they do best - something stupid!

After all, if they want to voluntarily remove themselves from the gene pool, who are we to stop them?
Its Winter - Gotta learn to play the blues
OutOfBreath

Post by OutOfBreath »

Hmmm, be nice if we could figure out a way to encourage more lawyers to run with the bulls...
John
-------
The Internet is wonderful. Surely there have always been thousands of people deeply concerned about my sex life and the quality of my septic tank but before the Internet I never heard from any of them.
vomitbunny

Post by vomitbunny »

Everyone should do away with dangerouse things like that and turn their stupid backward pagan celebrations into american style celebrations. Basically turn it into another excuse to go out and buy a bunch of crap.
Why celebrate when you can shop?
My opinion is stupid and wrong.