Mouth Piece Replacement

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
KDMARTINKY
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Mouth Piece Replacement

Post by KDMARTINKY »

here's a hint for every whistle blower who like to play in their car. I had my Waltons Little Black Whistle snugged in my Window Visor. I had my driverside window down, travelling at I would say 70 MPH. When what the hell, I saw a black blur, looked out my rear view window to seem my precious little black flying as if it had wings. :sniffle: I turned the van around and found it on the side of highway with a nice chunk removed for the mouthpiece.
:sniffle:

QUESTION: How can I get a replacement? and can it be replaced with another manufactures mouthpiece and sound as good?

any suggestions would be appreciated.
Keith

Bionn dha insint ar sceal agus leagon deag ar amhran
There are two versions of every story and twelve of every song
raindog1970
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by raindog1970 »

The Whistle Shop sells Little Black D Mouthpieces for $3.50
http://www.thewhistleshop.com/catalog/w ... ieces.html
Regards,
Gary Humphrey

♪♣♫Humphrey Whistles♫♣♪

[Raindogs] The ones you see wanderin' around after a rain. Ones that can't find their way back home. See the rain washes off the scent off all the mail boxes and the lamposts, fire hydrants. – Tom Waits
rkottke

Post by rkottke »

While you are at the Whistleshop, get a belt pouch or two at http://www.thewhistleshop.com/catalog/w ... h/belt.htm. I use the belt pouch with a mini bungee cord hang my favorite whistle of the day, usually a Generation D,C, or F from the dashboard. The belt pouches are cheap and keep the whistles secure. :D
Chuck_Clark

Post by Chuck_Clark »

Sounds like fate wants you to see how well a Whitecap works on a LBW tube
Its Winter - Gotta learn to play the blues
KDMARTINKY

Post by KDMARTINKY »

A whitecap on the lbw.....now thats a thought. Do I have to get it directly from Hoover? If so, how much you think?
Keith

Bionn dha insint ar sceal agus leagon deag ar amhran
There are two versions of every story and twelve of every song
RonKiley

Post by RonKiley »

I keep my LBW on the floor between the drivers seat and the center console. It doesn't go anywhere.

You must order directly from Mack and they are $20.

Ron
Chuck_Clark

Post by Chuck_Clark »

KDMARTINKY wrote:A whitecap on the lbw.....now thats a thought. Do I have to get it directly from Hoover? If so, how much you think?
Twenty dollars as of two months ago. Order directly from Mack, and I'd even send him the whistle body to assure fit unless you're dead certain that its a standard tube size.

If I can throw in a bit of a personal opinion, I think that we should always buy non-mass-produced whistles direct from the maker. Not only does it let the maker keep a little more profit, but you'll find that dealing directly with the makers is generally a very pleasant experience and lets you feel a little more of a connection with your instrument.

Postscript: This just occurred to me. The Guinness whistle is really just a LBW with a white mouthpiece and a Guinness decal. I hate mine. If you DO try a whitecap on a LBW, please let us know how you like it. It occurs to me that a whitecap on a Guinness tube would preserve the cool Guinness look and result in a playable whistle. Just a thought...
Its Winter - Gotta learn to play the blues