Poll:Which Democrat is most likely to..uh..play the whistle?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.

Poll ended at Sat Jul 17, 2004 8:25 pm

Iowa Gov. Tom Vilsack
14%
North Carolina Sen. John Edwards
52%
Rep. Dick Gephardt of Missouri
14%
Delaware Sen. Joe Biden
10%
Former Georgia senator Sam Nunn.
10%

Total votes: 29

Dale
The Landlord
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Dale »

Vote here.
BrassBlower
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by BrassBlower »

At first, I was wondering why Barbara Boxer was left off this list, then I read the title more closely: Which Democrat is most likely to play the whistle, not Which Democrat is most likely to blow the whistle! :P

Oops, should I have put this in the Political thread? :oops:

I think it would be one of the first two on the list. The other three just seem too stodgy. I think Arkansas senator Blanche Lincoln would have also been a good choice.

Sen. Hillary Clinton would have been a good one for "Which Democrat is most likely to turn a whistle investment scheme into a multi-million dollar venture."

Oops, there's another one for the Political thread! :oops:
https://www.facebook.com/4StringFantasy

I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.

-Galileo
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

See. I have a theory. The politician on this list (or maybe one not on the list) most likely to play the whistle would also be the best VP candidate.
aremnius

Post by aremnius »

Does the winner get a free whistle to get him started?
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

WB, aremnius!!!

I think Teresa Heinz Kerry might play New Age music on a low whistle made by....never mind.
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
lonewhistler

Post by lonewhistler »

...I just took a wild guess. :D
"...patriotism is the last refuge to which a scoundrel clings" - "Sweetheart Like You" by Bob Dylan
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

I'm thinking about guessing North Carolina Sen. John Edwards, but that seems too obvious, so maybe I'll go with ... umm... who were the choices again? it doesn't display them on the page when you're typing in a response to a thread. :) If I cared I could come back in and edit in the information after I post this. We'll see, eh?
Reasonable person
Walden
jbarter

Post by jbarter »

So what's a Democrat then? :-? How do they differ from Republicans? :-? What are their respective policies on whistle playing? :-?
Please make sure your answers are in terms non-Americans can understand and at all times try to avoid mentioning politics. :D
May the joy of music be ever thine.
(BTW, my name is John)
Chuck_Clark

Post by Chuck_Clark »

jbarter wrote:So what's a Democrat then? :-? How do they differ from Republicans? :-? What are their respective policies on whistle playing? :-?
Please make sure your answers are in terms non-Americans can understand and at all times try to avoid mentioning politics. :D
The USA nominally has two major parties that share the spoils between them. We also have a few minor (read: insignificant) parties that hang around the fringe, occasionally scoring a point but largely the political equivalent of eunuchs. IOW, it's not that different from what I perceive to be the case in England.

Some would tell you that the terms "Republican" and "Democrat" are meaningless because they operate in such a monolithic and mutually self-serving manner that they're all "republicrats" working for mutual gain while preserving the forms of competition. Others would say the shadings across both, but especially the Democrats, are so wide and rainbow-like that there are really many different constituencies trying to act like a common entity.

I know this is confusing (try living withing it!), but let me ask you something: Can you anser your own question with regard to British Liberals and Conservatives?
Its Winter - Gotta learn to play the blues
burnsbyrne

Post by burnsbyrne »

jbarter wrote:So what's a Democrat then? :-? How do they differ from Republicans? :-? What are their respective policies on whistle playing? :-?
One answer to your question that I have heard is the following:
The difference between Democrats and Republicans is that Democrats drink their coffee in a mug while Republicand us a cup and saucer.
I hope this helps. :boggle:
Mike
jbarter

Post by jbarter »

Chuck_Clark wrote: Can you answer your own question with regard to British Liberals and Conservatives?
You've already done it Chuck. Just change the number of parties to three and substitute the (increasingly irrelevant) names Labour, Liberal Democrat, and Conservative. All three have the same whistling policy: If you want anything from us, you can whistle for it.
May the joy of music be ever thine.
(BTW, my name is John)
Chuck_Clark

Post by Chuck_Clark »

burnsbyrne wrote:The difference between Democrats and Republicans is that Democrats drink their coffee in a mug while Republicand us a cup and saucer.
Y'see, that's why I dpon't get along that well with either. I prefer to chew my coffee dry.
Its Winter - Gotta learn to play the blues
BrassBlower
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by BrassBlower »

The Democrats are more in favor of funding whistle-development projects (as opposed to weapon-development projects). The Republicans are more likely to leave us with more cash after April 15 to buy whistles with. So we as whistle players need them both! :D (Democratic smilie) :D (Republican smilie)
https://www.facebook.com/4StringFantasy

I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.

-Galileo
gonzo914

Post by gonzo914 »

Republicans will leave you with more cash after April 15 to buy more whistles with only if you already have enough money to buy all the whistles that you want or need.

Democrats, on the other hand, are more likely to enact regulations requiring hearing protection when playing whistles in the workplace, but at least they won't take away your overtime if you whistle in the workplace more than 40 hours a week.
Crazy for the blue white and red
Crazy for the blue white and red
And yellow fringe
Crazy for the blue white red and yellow
brewerpaul
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by brewerpaul »

Is Monica Lewinsky still a Democrat? Oh, never mind... forget I said that :oops:
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!