commercial post: 3 Tracks of "Harvest Moon".

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
burnsbyrne
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by burnsbyrne »

At least "Rod" spells better than Talbert.
amar
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

Rod Castillo wrote:Norcal,

I'm new to this board as I mentioned above but can tell when someone has strong feeling towards another person. Your comment almost sounds like an attack towards Talbert as well as his great music. No offense to you at all. But Talbert's skills are incredible! That's not to hard to see once you hear him play. So good that I can clearly see his music in time on some soundtracks to movies because of there uniqueness, as well as his awesome power to play the flute and captivate the listener.

I'm quite sure that there are many who loved his, Tears Of The Forest cd. Your post makes me wonder if there are more of you on this board that would say such things about someone else with such great skill. On the other hand, I must remember just as I have said above, we live in a stressful world full of trouble. I might add, envy to go along with that.

If I did not have my own copy of his cd I would love to grab that copy!Hopefully, someone on this board who appreciates his skills will have a go at it, and you wont regret it either.
Rod, cmon now...norcal didn't attack anyone, Tal knows what he's doing with his low whistles, sure thing, but you will admit that not everyone must like the music he plays, I mean cmon now...
emmline

Post by emmline »

There there guys. As we've seen, there are always Tal's devoted defenders popping up, (Barb, Rod, Sybil, Eve, etc...) and we should just let them have their say, and leave it at that.
IDAwHOa
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

emmline wrote:There there guys. As we've seen, there are always Tal's devoted defenders popping up, (Barb, Rod, Sybil, Eve, etc...) and we should just let them have their say, and leave it at that.
Em, you forgot the name of him that should not be mentioned!! Now, how are we supposed to interpret THAT serious omition? Shame on you.
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
Talbert St. Claire
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Thanks Dale!

Post by Talbert St. Claire »

Hi Everyone,

For the past several weeks I have been doing lots of thinking as well as lots of bible reading when I am not playing music or recording my new cd. Which I am thrilled to do because I have so many who love & enjoy my style of music with the Low Whistles. The private e-mails that I have received in the past several months have been wonderful. Its been really great. Thank you! :)

But, for some strange reason ever since I picked up this wonderful enlightening book I have been in the back of my mind re-thinking lots of things about life. Also, the principals of how this book can assist me in giving myself a good & clear guidance on how to go about doing things in life itself. It's not all about music. Particularly, how very little importance it is to make good music compared to living a well directed life. So, I have lost interest to some degree in discussing my music outside with others. I want to make my life even more meaningful & I have truly found out how to do that. Besides, being on the "boards" & thinking so much about music can take lots of time away from other more important things even, family!!

I have never posted anything of this nature before & have no interest to do it again. I really consider this as my last post on the forum without even checking back to read the comments because there are other things that I'v decided to do that means so much to me.

The music will always be there as I am sure you can see. But what I am again saying here is that I really have lost interest in all this posting my samples on the boards when I am truly much happier just recording the music & that's it. Officially, I want to walk away from all this and just enjoy my life with my dear wife. Everything else has become secondary. Again, I will always enjoy & record music with the Low Whistle. It's a good part of my life.

As wonderful and helpful that this board has been to so MANY people in the past & in the future to come, I simply have lost interest in it all. There are many that have benefitted from, "Chiff & Fipple"! Even some well known musicians! I know some of them personally.

Finally, the real person that I want to thank for giving me the medium to have a much wider audience is, Dale Wisely! :) If it was not for Dale my music would not perhaps have been heard by so many people around the globe because of his forum! He is so kind enough to supply us a medium for discussion regardless of your skill level. Before I leave I just want to say, THANK YOU so much Dale. All the very best to you & your forum.

You guys take good care of yourselves. -Talbert St. Claire
If you discover you have a "perfect" Low Whistle, don't sell it. Trust me, I know! If it's close to perfection, don't sell it. Trust me, I know! If you feel that it's difficult to adjust to but you still feel a deep connection to it, don't sell it. Just give it to me!!!
emmline

Post by emmline »

Sounds like you've made a good decision for yourself, Talbert. Guess you won't check back to see this, but if you stick to what you've said, I'll miss your interesting insights, and the color that your threads always bring to the board. The personalities who weigh in are always lively and enjoyable, if not entirely harmonious.
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

Hee hee.
~JessieD
emmline

Post by emmline »

NorCalMusician wrote:
Em, you forgot the name of him that should not be mentioned!! Now, how are we supposed to interpret THAT serious omition? Shame on you.
Ssshhhhhh! Don't want to blow my chances to be the first on my block to own one of his whistles!
IDAwHOa
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

NorCalMusician wrote:If anyone wants the "Tears" CD that I have please contact me and we can arrange a fair postage and it is yours.
I have found a taker for the CD. I hope that person gets at least as much enjoyment out of the CD as I did.
Last edited by IDAwHOa on Mon Jun 28, 2004 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
ChrisLaughlin

Post by ChrisLaughlin »

In the history of Chiff and Fipple this just about takes the cake.
blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

I just can't imagine why Davey Spillane hasn't come out with his own brand of low whistles yet. I mean, Talbert said...
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which is least known--Montaigne

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato
ChrisLaughlin

Post by ChrisLaughlin »

You know, I've been thinking a lot about "Rod"'s comments about Talbert's music being very cinematic and belonging in a film. The more I think about it the more I agree. The thing is that it couldn't be any movie. It would have to be the perfect match of movie and music, or music and movie. Recently I watched an interview with John Travolta on E! He was talking about his smash hit film Battlefield Earth, which is one of my favorite movies of all time (a level of acting unseen anywhere else, a plot like no other, a unique message) and how he wants to do a sequel. Then it hit me - "smack!" - Talbert should do the soundtrack for "Battlefield Earth 2"! How cool would that be?!?!?! I think John is starting preliminary work on the film now, so now would be the perfect time for Talbert to introduce the idea. I know Davie Spillane did his recordings on the Sony Label, and John Travolta has done films for Sony, perhaps Davie could put Talbert in touch with John and then they could work together on a score. I think it would be awesome.

The only problem I can foresee is that John is a Scientologist and Battlefield Earth is about Scientology, which might not work so well since Talbert is finding God in the Bible. However, Talbert plays new-age music, and Scientology is kind of a new age religion, so maybe it would work afterall. I mean, heck, one religion is about the same as another anyways. Scientology is cool too because it's a religion for famous people, and Talbert is pretty famous. Hanging out with those other famous people would get him and his music more exposure and then he'd become more famous, which would be good, because music is nothing without fame.

Anyway, Talbert, if you are still reading these posts (which I doubt you are since the Bible is a really long book) , you and Davy should definately approach John about Battlefield Earth 2. It could be the chance of a lifetime.

Chris
IDAwHOa

Post by IDAwHOa »

ChrisLaughlin wrote:because music is nothing without fame.
Chris, it seems we have something else that we disagree about.

My feeling is that at its root and most basic level, music is an EXTREMELY PERSONAL thing that requires nothing more than you and it to reach total and complete fulfilment. To expect or require anyone else to be involved, let alone fame, denies me and nearly every other musician that personal experinence.

I am not saying that music cannot be enjoyed by performing for others or that it should not be enjoyed by those observing a performance. I think we all get a degree of satisfaction from other's reactions to our ability to make beautiful music. But first it has to be a personal relationship or it shows in the way you perform for others. The same is true for acting, sports or any other activity where one is doing something for others to observe. If the one performing is just going through the motions it may be technically great, but there is just not the same emotion and feeling that comes from doing it for yourself and projecting that to the audiance.

Music has to come from the heart or it is not really music.

ChrisLaughlin

Post by ChrisLaughlin »

LOL - I'm about to send you a private message. It'll explain everything.

Best,
Chris
IDAwHOa

Post by IDAwHOa »

ChrisLaughlin wrote:LOL - I'm about to send you a private message. It'll explain everything.

Best,
Chris
Thanks for your explaination. Understood.

I still stand by my comments though.