Chicken Dance Hell

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
rebl_rn
antispam: No

Chicken Dance Hell

Post by rebl_rn »

OK, so I went to Polish Fest in Milwaukee on Saturday with my niece. (Not as much fun as Irish Fest of course, but a good time). Anyway, as part of the festivities, we participated in what was called "Wisconsin's Largest Chicken Dance". Well, I participated - my 17 year old niece would have no part of it. It was fun in a very silly way, but the problem is ever since then I have had the #$@& Chicken Dance song stuck in my head! I've tried listening to trad, country, contemporary Christian, and the Beatles and it's still there!!!!! I even caught myself walking down the hall at work starting to do the stupid little motions (fortunately no one else was in the hall at the time). I think I am slowing going insane...... :boggle: :boggle: :o

HELP!!!

Beth
Wash your hands. Cough and sneeze in your sleeve. Stay home if you are sick. Stay informed. http://www.cdc.gov/swineflu for more info.
BrassBlower
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by BrassBlower »

Maybe this will help. :lol:

M: 4/4
L: 1/8
K: D

AABBFF \
| A2AABBFF | A2A2B2d2 | c2c2B2A2 | G2GGAAEE |
| G2GGAAEE | G2 ...etc.
https://www.facebook.com/4StringFantasy

I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.

-Galileo
SirNick
Tell us something.: I love Irish music! I am mostly a whistle player but would like to learn more about flutes. I also have a couple older whistles I'd like to sell and maybe pick up a bamboo flute to practice with.

Post by SirNick »

Oh great, you evil people!!! I read this post while I was noodling on a whistle. I started playing darn song!! Now it won't stop and my daughters standing here doing the dance!!!!! :shock:
"You have my undivided attention"
Rando7

Re: OT: Chicken Dance Hell

Post by Rando7 »

rebl_rn wrote:OK, so I went to Polish Fest in Milwaukee on Saturday with my niece. (Not as much fun as Irish Fest of course, but a good time). Anyway, as part of the festivities, we participated in what was called "Wisconsin's Largest Chicken Dance". Well, I participated - my 17 year old niece would have no part of it. It was fun in a very silly way, but the problem is ever since then I have had the #$@& Chicken Dance song stuck in my head! I've tried listening to trad, country, contemporary Christian, and the Beatles and it's still there!!!!! I even caught myself walking down the hall at work starting to do the stupid little motions (fortunately no one else was in the hall at the time). I think I am slowing going insane...... :boggle: :boggle: :o

HELP!!!

Beth
Hey, Beth, maybe you already know this but the Chicken Dance was made popular by Bob Kames from Milwaukee. He owned a piano store on the South side for many years, probably the number one piano store in Milwaukee when I lived there back in the eighties. Rumors that the original title was "dat dere Chicken Dance hey" are untrue.
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

I'd sure never heard of any such thing as a chicken dance before this forum.
Reasonable person
Walden
DCrom

Post by DCrom »

Walden wrote:I'd sure never heard of any such thing as a chicken dance before this forum.
Nor had I. :-? Resolutely NOT playing the tune given.
Rando7

Post by Rando7 »

Walden wrote:I'd sure never heard of any such thing as a chicken dance before this forum.
Hey it was a big hit!

Dale
The Landlord
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Dale »

I recently went to a large birthday party mostly filled up with white people between 30 and 50. There was a dance. We had the chicken dance. We had all kinds of dorky white-people-dancing dances.

I sat for awhile next to a very cool. African American guy. One of the few in the party. He and I watched the white people dance. I turned to him and said, in my dorkiest midwestern accent

"Caucasians sure know how to party. Soon they are quite likely to tear the roof off the sucker."

And he responded, with a similarly affected white-guy dork voice,

"Yes. I do believe they are proceeding to turn this mother out."

It was fine moment.

Dale
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Rando7 wrote:
Hey it was a big hit!

...and the Happy Organ? :really:
Rando7

Post by Rando7 »

Nanohedron wrote:
...and the Happy Organ? :really:
Well, he played the organ. And the music he played was well, happy.

Note to Dale: As a white midwestern dork, I am offended by your post. :)
Bloomfield

Post by Bloomfield »

DaleWisely wrote:I recently went to a large birthday party mostly filled up with white people between 30 and 50. There was a dance. We had the chicken dance. We had all kinds of dorky white-people-dancing dances.

I sat for awhile next to a very cool. African American guy. One of the few in the party. He and I watched the white people dance. I turned to him and said, in my dorkiest midwestern accent

"Caucasians sure know how to party. Soon they are quite likely to tear the roof off the sucker."

And he responded, with a similarly affected white-guy dork voice,

"Yes. I do believe they are proceeding to turn this mother out."

It was fine moment.

Dale
Very fine moment. Worthy of Blazing Saddles, even, I'd say.
/Bloomfield
Chuck_Clark

Post by Chuck_Clark »

DCrom wrote:
Nor had I. :-? Resolutely NOT playing the tune given.
See? There *was* a really good reason I never learned to read an ABC score.
Its Winter - Gotta learn to play the blues
chattiekathy
Tell us something.: Well dang, I just want to change my password. looking for that correct page! Thank you! Ohh good grief, I get it, you have to be careful who you let in because of spammers, but sigh.... I'm in a hurry, can we move this along please. :)

Post by chattiekathy »

Sorry to do this to you but...

http://members.fortunecity.com/ajsmidi/ ... hicken.mid

:lol: :twisted: :lol: :P :D

Cheers,
Kathy :D
~*~Creativity is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift to God~*~
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Oh, that tune. It just HAD to be a polka. Blast you, Kathy!
cowtime

Post by cowtime »

Tunes like the Chicken Dance are a cosmic joke on humans that once heard, are immediately imbedded in our brains and plague us throughout eternity.

Great :devil: now I'm hearing the thing too :devil: :devil:
"Let low-country intruder approach a cove
And eyes as gray as icicle fangs measure stranger
For size, honesty, and intent."
John Foster West