Commercial Post: Updated Website

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
raindog1970
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Commercial Post: Updated Website

Post by raindog1970 »

No, I haven't fallen off the face of the Earth... it's just been a while since I felt a commercial post was appropriate.
I finally figured out enough about the settings on my sister's digital camera to get some really good quality photos of my whistles... no jokes about them looking like early photos from the Hubble space telescope this time! :P
Scroll down past the goofy looking guy in the funny hat for the whistle pics, and my apologies to dial-up users for the long loading time... the page is fairly graphics intensive, but I don't think I have enough content as of yet to justify more than one page.
http://webpages.charter.net/raindog1970/
Regards,
Gary Humphrey

♪♣♫Humphrey Whistles♫♣♪

[Raindogs] The ones you see wanderin' around after a rain. Ones that can't find their way back home. See the rain washes off the scent off all the mail boxes and the lamposts, fire hydrants. – Tom Waits
lollycross
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by lollycross »

Thats a nice-looking web site and GOOD close-up pix of the whistles.
That is a big PLUS. I suppose your next addition should be a
sound clip!
Happy Whistlemaking,
Lolly
blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

You now have an excellent website, Raindog. Good work!
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which is least known--Montaigne

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato
bearbro

Post by bearbro »

Hello Gary I second Blackhawk and Lolly's comments. If you'll allow me to use one of my own words, your website is "Fantabulous". And the images are really good to.

I was reading about your payment options, Its a shame you do not use Paypal (but then there are a lot of folks getting away from Paypal). Did you ever consider C2IT ? C2it is Citibanks online payment service and its still free.

If you want to stay away from online payments you can still offer on-line credit card service to your international customers by suggesting they buy a money order from Bidpay, that is Western Unions online money order service. They can register with Bidpay, use credit cards or bank transfers to pay for a money order and Western Union sends it to you. Oh ya, they can pay for the money order with their countries money (Western Union does the exchange for you) and you receive the money order to cash in $$.

Oh I forgot, I want to buy one of your whistles but I need to save up a few $ first. I'm still learning how to play a whistle and have a few run-of-the-mill whistles. But I'd like to have at least one good one.
the bear said that
Zubivka

Post by Zubivka »

Clean page, clean-looking whistles (and workshop!).

Say, Gary, you don't make retrofit heads any more?
Onager

Post by Onager »

I'm sorry, but I don't think that I can trust someone with such a tidy workshop. Otherwise, your site looks great.
Tony
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I used to play pipes about 20 years ago and suddenly abducted by aliens.
Not sure why... but it's 2022 and I'm mysteriously baack...

Post by Tony »

Beautiful job... but why so many hammers on the wall??
brewerpaul
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by brewerpaul »

Nice site and nice whistles, Gary. Keep up the good work.
How do you keep your shop so clean ? :lol:

BTW-- I love the closeups on a bed of clover...
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
Hiro Ringo

Post by Hiro Ringo »

New camera!! :o
vomitbunny

Post by vomitbunny »

Excellent pictures! I can vouch for the accuracy of them as well! And yes, the whistles sound as good as they look!
My opinion is stupid and wrong.
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

I am very much looking forward to receiving the narrow bore A and d whistles I ordered.

:)
~JessieD
Cyfiawnder

Post by Cyfiawnder »

Tony wrote:Beautiful job... but why so many hammers on the wall??
Those Hammers are for the whistles that no matter how much ya try, they just don't want to play right... I got me a good claw hammer just for that. WHACK! "Die you SOB! DIE!" WHACK CRUNCH :twisted:

As for the clean workshop... he probably just cleaned if up for the pictures. My workbench looks like someone has been sawing , and drilling White PVC, Aluminum, Delrin, and copper on it... Oh yeah waitaminute... :) That would be me... I'm thinking about getting me a nice mini-lathe next for making Fipple Plugs.

It's nice to see that yet another person is using the Curved windway-fipple-blade design. It makes some things easier and some things harder. But Done right, it will make a nice sounding wistle that has low-medium breath requirements even on a Low Whistle (my Low Bb takes as much air as my tweeked Walton Greentop D). I think It makes a nice balance of CHiff and Breathyness without sounding windy like a Clark original Or CHiffy... like a steam whistle :) It's also a soft Chiff off of plastic, not the metal Chaaah chahhh, but more like shaaah shaaah. But not like a flute's "haaah haaah" or a Re#@rder's "waaah waaah."

Later All
Cy- The mad whistler
Justinus say guiness in hand worth two in ice-box.
Cayden

Post by Cayden »

JessieK wrote:I am very much looking forward to receiving the narrow bore A and d whistles I ordered.

:)
:D my D should get here today. or tomorrow. :roll:
Mack.Hoover
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Mack.Hoover »

Hi Gary,
Add me to your list of admirers.

Looking at the clock and your dress, you either haven't gotten started yet after your day job or you've cleaned up after a day's work.

I concur, your shop is very clutter free! Color me a little jealous.

Your website is good, also clutter free, as I believe a website should be!

Mack
FJohnSharp
Tell us something.: I used to be a regular then I took up the bassoon. Bassoons don't have a lot of chiff. Not really, I have always been a drummer, and my C&F years were when I was a little tired of the drums. Now I'm back playing drums. I mist the C&F years, though.

Post by FJohnSharp »

The bed of shamrocks is a nice touch.
"Meon an phobail a thogail trid an chultur"
(The people’s spirit is raised through culture)

Suburban Symphony