New Personal Website

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
mcelvogue
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

New Personal Website

Post by mcelvogue »

Hi,
just a quick note to mention that I have a new website up and running.

http://www.tommcelvogue.com/

It isn't altogether a pretty or complex affair but I do plan to upload more mp3 selections should anyone be interested. The main purpose of the site is really to introduce myself to the world at large !

Any feedback you can provide would be most welcome. I'm still working on some parts of the site (like navigation, scripting for feedback submission etc) but hopefully there is something of interest up there.

Regards,
Tom McElvogue
Hoed

Post by Hoed »

Wow... the preview is great! I'd love to listen some more of the tracks. The collection of older mp3's are great as well, thanks for sharing! Very well played.
"Ken sent me"
- Larry Laffer
Cathy Wilde
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Cathy Wilde »

I went. I heard. I wept. :D
(Nice job on the photography, too; I especially enjoyed the portraits!)
P.S. As an advertising person who needs to visit photographers' websites like this on a fairly regular basis, I really like your setup -- it makes navigation through the work nice and easy. Great job, and thank you!!!!!
Deja Fu: The sense that somewhere, somehow, you've been kicked in the head exactly like this before.
John S

Post by John S »

Hi Tom
Only had time to dip but reels 04 and 06 are wonderfull and wonderfully played, ware do I get the dots?

TTFN
John S
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

Tom,
Now linked to your new site from the Wooden Flute Obsession 2 page.

Kevin Krell
International Traditional Music Society, Inc.
A non-profit 501c3 charity/educational public benefit corporation
Wooden Flute Obsession CDs (3 volumes, 6 discs, 7 hours, 120 players/tracks)
https://www.worldtrad.org
RudallRose

Post by RudallRose »

I haven't looked yet, Tom (but will)....
but I'm sure it will be stunning.....
you are the next best player to come out (so to speak)....
I can't wait to hear more....
you've a big fan here in the USA....
and I'm already playing your WFO2 set at a couple gigs on my own F flute! Way cool.

dave m
glauber

Post by glauber »

Stunning! Cool pictures too, especially the non-obviously-dressed young ladies. (If this doesn't drive traffic to your site up, nothing will.) ;)

Please don't forget to let us know when the album becomes available!

g
On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog!
--Wellsprings--
Denny

Post by Denny »

Tom,

Very nice start, some great photos, the music side seems to be maxed out right now! I'll try again after it dies down a bit.

You might want to consider incorporating a "back to main photo page button" on its children pages.

Update your profile to include the www.

Denny
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Beautiful website Tom, clean and elegant, easy to navigate. Your portraits are stunning! I visited you music page but since I'm at work, I can't play the sound clips, will do that when I'm home and am looking forward to it.

A job well done!

MarkB
Everybody has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
mcelvogue

Post by mcelvogue »

Thanks for all the positive feedback. This is the first cut at my own website and there are more compositions and photographs to come. I also intend to upload the notation to the tunes once I track them down.

Thanks again and happy flootin!

Regards,
Tom McElvogue
onkel

Post by onkel »

Tom, I have been listening to your compositions in my car on the way to work this morning (mp3s downloaded to my pda, isn't technology great..?). Anyway, these tunes are just wonderful and your playing is fantastic! Can't wait to get your CD. The first reel has become quite popular among fiddlers I think. I feel like having heard it in sessions many times, and long before Flook recorded it. A grand tune! Good to have the "official" version now :wink: Do you have a name for it...?

Claus

Oh, and I like them photographs too :D great site!
mcelvogue

Post by mcelvogue »

Hi Onkel,
pleased you liked the tunes and site. I haven't got any names for the tunes at all. I am in the process of giving them names at the moment. When I name them, I'll update the website to avoid any confusion.

I've also added some additional photographs (yesterday) which I took at a few trad gigs last year - Dervish, Stockton's Wing Reunion and the Simpatico concert in Sligo featuring a host of bands/musicians including Dervish, Danu, Lunasa, Kila, Martin Hayes, Paddy Keenan, Four Men and a Dog, Sliabh Notes, Martin O'Connor, Frances Black and more.

Regards,
Tom McElvogue
sturob

Post by sturob »

Tom!

Great tunes! Nice!

Do you mind if any of us mere amateurs learn some of those tunes? Yeesh! Nice stuff.

Stuart
mcelvogue

Post by mcelvogue »

Hi Stuart,
learn away. As a mere amateur myself I appreciate the positive response the tunes have had. I'll be posting more compositions later in the month when I dig out the wav's and convert them to mp3.

Regards,
Tom McElvogue
Hoed

Post by Hoed »

wow, more tunes on their way! can't wait. I as well have been listening over and over to the tunes. amazing compositions, very original.

I'm not at the level that I can just plunge in and play along I'm afraid, but they are sure inspiring. please hurry finishing that cd of yours :)
"Ken sent me"
- Larry Laffer