94 % ot poll.

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.

What if flatulence made a different sound than it does? What sound would you prefer it to make.

Poll ended at Sat Jun 19, 2004 12:51 pm

A slide whistle.
6%
Telephone.
9%
Freight train.
6%
A recorder.
3%
Bagpipes.
18%
Sound that ball makes hitting bowling pins.
15%
Ambulance.
3%
A bugle calling for a horse race to begin.
6%
Hava nagila on clarinet.
18%
Ice cream truck.
15%

Total votes: 33

vomitbunny
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

94 % ot poll.

Post by vomitbunny »

We are assuming we suddenly find ourselves in an alternate universe where physical laws are somewhat different than they are here. And/or, a miricle occures and God changes the human body.
My opinion is stupid and wrong.
Rando7

Post by Rando7 »

I voted for the telephone sound. My reasoning is if one were to have flatulence, he/she could rush over to the phone, answer it, hang up and mutter "damn telemarketers" and no one would be the wiser. It would be harder to explain a bagpipe sound, etc. suddenly occuring in the room.
Dale
The Landlord
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Dale »

I voted for freight train. This is because I'm from Alabama. Let me explain.

Anytime there is a tornado in Alabama, the news people find the most...shall we say...rural person they can find to interview. Missing teeth. Overalls. Unbelievably thick accent. The conversation always goes like this:

Q: What was it like?
A: Well, me and Tammy Jack wuz sittin' watching wrasslin' and then the weatherman come on and then we heared it. It sounded jus like a freight train a-comin'. We grabbed up the babies, Tammy Jo and Billy Roy, and we crawled up under the kitchen table.

This basic interview form now extends to a variety of news events. Let's say that a sinkhole suddenly appears up on Highway 21.

A: Well, me and Tammy Jack wuz sittin' watching wrasslin' and then the then we heared it. The asphalt was sinking. It sounded jus like a freight train a-comin'. We grabbed up the babies, Tammy Jo and Billy Roy, and we crawled up under the kitchen table.

Let's say, oh, I don't know----Dick Cheney comes to town to tour the scene of a natural disaster.

A: Well, me and Tammy Jack wuz sittin' watching wrasslin' and then they said Mr. Cheney was coming this way to shake our hands. And then we heared it. It sounded jus like a freight train a-comin'. We grabbed up the babies, Tammy Jo and Billy Roy, and we crawled up under the kitchen table.

So, if someone were to have an event of flatulence, which has been known to happen around here:

A: Well, me and Tammy Jack wuz sittin' watching wrasslin' after a supper of canned chili and then the Tammy Jack started to fret a little and then we heared it. It sounded jus like a freight train a-comin'. We grabbed up the babies, Tammy Jo and Billy Roy, and we crawled up under the kitchen table.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Well. I'd like to sound like Matt Molloy, but that ain't gonna happen any time soon.
lonewhistler

Post by lonewhistler »

...I just think that the bowling-ball-hitting-pins-sound would be hilarious. Strike!!! :D ...think about it...
"...patriotism is the last refuge to which a scoundrel clings" - "Sweetheart Like You" by Bob Dylan
Rando7

Post by Rando7 »

Nanohedron wrote:Well. I'd like to sound like Matt Molloy, but that ain't gonna happen any time soon.
You've heard Matt Malloy's flatulence?
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Rando7 wrote:
Nanohedron wrote:Well. I'd like to sound like Matt Molloy, but that ain't gonna happen any time soon.
You've heard Matt Malloy's flatulence?
No, his flutulence.
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

DaleWisely wrote:I voted for freight train. This is because I'm from Alabama. Let me explain.

Anytime there is a tornado in Alabama, the news people find the most...shall we say...rural person they can find to interview. Missing teeth. Overalls. Unbelievably thick accent. The conversation always goes like this:

A: Well, me and Tammy Jack wuz sittin' watching wrasslin' and then the weatherman come on and then we heared it. It sounded jus like a freight train a-comin'. We grabbed up the babies, Tammy Jo and Billy Roy, and we crawled up under the kitchen table.

This basic interview form now extends to a variety of news events. Let's say that a sinkhole suddenly appears up on Highway 21.

A: Well, me and Tammy Jack wuz sittin' watching wrasslin' and then the then we heared it. The asphalt was sinking. It sounded jus like a freight train a-comin'. We grabbed up the babies, Tammy Jo and Billy Roy, and we crawled up under the kitchen table.

Let's say, oh, I don't know----Dick Cheney comes to town to tour the scene of a natural disaster.

A: Well, me and Tammy Jack wuz sittin' watching wrasslin' and then they said Mr. Cheney was coming this way to shake our hands. And then we heared it. It sounded jus like a freight train a-comin'. We grabbed up the babies, Tammy Jo and Billy Roy, and we crawled up under the kitchen table.

So, if someone were to have an event of flatulence, which has been known to happen around here:

A: Well, me and Tammy Jack wuz sittin' watching wrasslin' after a supper of canned chili and then the Tammy Jack started to fret a little and then we heared it. It sounded jus like a freight train a-comin'. We grabbed up the babies, Tammy Jo and Billy Roy, and we crawled up under the kitchen table.
Now I've heared tell, by a woman who, if she were still living would surely be well over a hundred years old today, that the tornado that hit their place, way back when, sount like a tractor.
Reasonable person
Walden
blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

Cool poll, Vomit! (far be it from me to pass up the opportunity to say vomit in a forum)
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which is least known--Montaigne

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato
IDAwHOa
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

I kinda like the way it sounds right now. I don't know of any other sound that can make a whole room full of 7-11 year old boys laugh.
Last edited by IDAwHOa on Sat Jun 12, 2004 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
Paul

Post by Paul »

I agree that the bowling sound would be hilarious.

I used to have a freight train wav file on my PC at work. When it would be slow and boring I would wait for people to come onto the lot or walk by and I would blast it over the dealership's P.A. speakers. People would always look around all puzzled because there isn't a train right here. It sounded very realistic and it was very loud. I also had various animal sounds that I would blast on Friday afternoons when it died down. The chimp was everyone's favorite.
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

How the sound of a Mime :D For those that slip out oh so silently :tomato:

MarkB
Everybody has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
vomitbunny

Post by vomitbunny »

If we had not been so limited in the number of options in the poll....sigh.
I had a few more down and had to delete them. The sound of a cucoo clock stricking, the sound of a 12 gauge shotgun going off, church bells, doorbells, bicycle horns, cows mooing.............I thought I had the world at my feet. And now this. Truely this IS the summer of our discontent.......
My opinion is stupid and wrong.
Parcour25

Post by Parcour25 »

ahhhahhaaa, haaaaaa, haaaaaaaaa, haaaaaaa

he said f*rt..

ahhhahhaaa, haaaaaa, haaaaaaaaa, haaaaaaa

signed, Beavis......

(posted for Beavis, by -
Tryst me. I am, yours truly......

Parcour v. D'Chasse, Esq.

Save the trees,..... not the Bush....
Monster

Post by Monster »

NorCalMusician wrote:I kinda like the way it sounds right now. I don't know of any other sound that can make a whole room full of 7-11 year old boys laugh.
You beat me to the punch NorCal! And the louder the better I dare say! :party:
insert uber smart comment here