My first real OT: Weird Things Kids Say

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
JessieK
antispam: No

Post by JessieK »

Herbi, that's a wonderful story! Did the girl live?

Chas...that's what I have to look forward to!

:)
~JessieD
Steven
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Steven »

I gotta wonder if that med student thought she was asking about something else and just got confused and used the wrong word. I sure hope so, because it's pretty scary otherwise!

Steven
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Now THAT'S funny dubhlinn.
IDAwHOa
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

A few weeks ago we were up a little later than usual. :D

When I got home Renee was frantically moving Nathan's bed from the wall next to ours to the FAR side of the room.

When I asked her why she was doing that she said that that morning Nathan had asked her "Why were you running an electric pencil sharpener last night?" Well, we do NOT own an electric pencil sharpener.

:o It appears that closed closet and bedroom doors are NOT sufficient audio barriers. :o We had been playing our whistles too, but she was taking no chances.
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
amar
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

whistles sounding like electric pencil sharpeners...eh?....you're telling me that you lied to nathan telling him it was the whistles he heard late at night.......eh...?

:wink:
Norma

Post by Norma »

Some years ago in the fall my 4 yr old attended her first piano class , parents were present. The teacher asked, "does anyone feel rusty after summer vacation?" Rylie's hand shot up..."My moms feet get rusty in the summer but she puts lotion on them and they're much better!"
(I guess I had been complaining about how rough my heels were)!
RonKiley

Post by RonKiley »

My daughter had to go in for some minor surgery. They brought her into the recovery room. When she awakened sufficiently she began to cry and said I want my Daddy. The nurse came out to the waiting room and asked if I was Kim's daddy. I said yes. She said well come back with me. She is crying and says she wants her daddy. Kim was about 30.

Ron
emmline

Post by emmline »

There are times when you just want your daddy!
emmline

Re: My first real OT: Weird Things Kids Say

Post by emmline »

sturob wrote:OK, so some of you know I'm an anesthesiologist. Blah blah.
that's a special designation, denoted "Sturob M.D., B.B."
IDAwHOa
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

herbivore12 wrote:Want a nice thing -- touching, even -- from a little kid, also during surgery? (The kid was younger than sturob's wannabe MD, that is . . .)

I started my oncology-research career working in pediatric oncology. ..... It was probably the most moving moment I've experienced in my career, in which I've been lucky (or unlucky, depending on the direction of movement) enough to have a number of moving moments.
Is this actually a first person story, H? I seemed to remember reading something like this once before a couple of years ago and did some research. I found this:

http://www.snopes.com/glurge/transfus.htm (this is a white dot story, you can read what that means on the next page)

What is a Glurge? I found this on the same site:

http://www.snopes.com/glurge/glurge.asp
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
chattiekathy
Tell us something.: Well dang, I just want to change my password. looking for that correct page! Thank you! Ohh good grief, I get it, you have to be careful who you let in because of spammers, but sigh.... I'm in a hurry, can we move this along please. :)

Post by chattiekathy »

When my son was about 3 or 4, I asked him if he would like to say "Grace" before supper. He bowed his head a proceeded with "God is Great, God is Good, Thank him for this lettuce food." There was a big bowl full of salad sitting in front of him. :lol: For those of you who don't know this childrens Grace, it goes "God is Great, God is Good, Let us thank him for this food." It was very hard hiding our mirth. By the way today is his 25th birthday! :) :boggle: :party:

Cheers,
Kathy :)
~*~Creativity is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift to God~*~
fancypiper

Post by fancypiper »

My youngest son was helping me plant the veggie garden for his first time and I asked him if he wanted to plant the corn and he said yes.

I got the bag and showed him how to put two kernels in each place 2 hand width's apart.

When he saw the kernels, he said, "I don't want to plant that kind of corn, I want to plant corn on the cob!"
Last edited by fancypiper on Thu Jun 10, 2004 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fancypiper

Post by fancypiper »

This forum needs a delete post button for non-perfect people like me that hits a wrong button :sniffle:
Last edited by fancypiper on Thu Jun 10, 2004 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vomitbunny

Post by vomitbunny »

My daughter called a fly swatter a fly paddle when she was little.
My opinion is stupid and wrong.
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

So you mean that ISN'T the name of the Chinese young-people's Movement?
Reasonable person
Walden