Objection to my Avatar

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
glauber
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by glauber »

JessieK wrote:The changing avatar WAS a reponse to something
Maybe not. Stacy changes her avatars often. If the person didn't complain, she might have changed it already (she already changed it in G.C.).
On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog!
--Wellsprings--
Redwolf
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Redwolf »

I can't see anything at all wrong with the avatar. The flashing can get a bit distracting, I guess, but that's hardly a reason to tell someone to change it. There's certainly nothing in the content that bothers me, or that would make me worry about children seeing it!

I say if you like it, keep it.

Redwolf
...agus déanfaidh mé do mholadh ar an gcruit a Dhia, a Dhia liom!
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

Having read this thread I now think that expensive speech is preferable to free speech.
glauber

Post by glauber »

How much would you like to pay to see my witty riposte?
On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog!
--Wellsprings--
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

Yeah, the flashing part bugs me a bit. I liked it the way it was when Jessie noticed on other thread.:D

I could do without the toes, I s'pose. I didn't even know they were there until somebody published the still collage.

Somebody always complains about something. That's my complaint! :lol:
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
IDAwHOa
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

The blinking [blink] does not bother [blink] me [blink] one bit. I think [blink] that it is not [blink] having an [blink] buy alba [blink] effect on [blink] buy an alba [blink] me at all.

I am going to [blink] buy an alba [blink] install it as my desk [blink] buy an alba whistle[blink] top now. Right after [blink][blink] buy an alba whistle[blink] I go to Stacey's [blink][blink] buy an alba whistle today[blink][blink] site to see what she [blink] buy an alba whistle today[blink][blink] currently has up her shirt, [blink][blink] buy an alba whistle RIGHT NOW[blink][blink] I mean sleeve.
Last edited by IDAwHOa on Mon Jun 07, 2004 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
mcfeeley

Re: Objection to my Avatar

Post by mcfeeley »

CHIFF FIPPLE wrote:It would seem that some tiny mind has found fit to complain to Dale regarding my avatar.
So what do you all think shall it stay or shall it go now
Let's say the board votes it should go. How about a compromise? In that instance, I'd suggest Stacy remove the offending Avatar, but put the picture on the fipple of a limited edition of Alba whistles. :lol:
-- Dan M.

There beside the weed and thistle, a man, a dog, and his tin whistle.
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

I never realized it, but if I press the mouse on the slider, it freezes the moving collage and I can stare at Stacey's fipples, then each click advances the picture. More wonderfully useless "features" of my interface.
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
IDAwHOa
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Re: Objection to my Avatar

Post by IDAwHOa »

mcfeeley wrote:remove the offending Avatar
"offending?" That is a personal decision. I know where you are coming from though.

For a relative reference though, I have seen less coverage at the pool. No kidding!
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
CHIFF FIPPLE

Post by CHIFF FIPPLE »

O'h great now I don't know what to do !!!!!!!!!!!! make a stand and leave it alone. 8) Slow it down so you all can get a better veiw :wink: or remove it and try another one that mabe some one still might not like :x
O'h well when in doubt do nothing :roll: Image
Storm in a DD cup
ImageStacey has the most bodacious fipples! & Message board
http://whistlenstrings.invisionzone.com ... t=0&p=3303&
Montana

Post by Montana »

I remember the thread Jessie referred to (the 40DD avatar - it was after all a low D whistle). Jessie commented on the avatar and someone else said they hadn't even recognized what it was until Jessie pointed it out. I've seen more explicit photos in a National Geographic. Nothing becomes really interesting until people start making a fuss about it; otherwise it would not be noticed by most people. Kinda like the Janet Jackson thing; I was watching and didn't see anything but others I was with did.
Going back to the Reasonable Person Principle:
Everyone will be reasonable.
Everyone expects everyone else to be reasonable.
No one is special.
Do not be offended if someone suggests you are not being reasonable.
Based upon this, Stacey should just keep her avatar and not be offended if someone suggests she is being unreasonable.
anniemcu
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

Cranberry wrote:Quote @ ants
I would vote for Stacey to use a different avatar, but I don't really have a solid case for that opinion except that a different choice of avatar would avoid controversy and generally make the board more peaceful.
The avatar itself was just fine until somebody choose to make it a controversial issue by complaining. This person(s) didn't have to do that.

Just leave Stacey (and her avatars) alone.
I disagree on that. Stacy chose her avatar for her own reasons, subject only to her own question. Now that she has posted it, those of us who look at it like or dislike it for our own reasons, and, as it now appears in everyone's face whenever they read one of her posts, it is now subject to everyone's opinions.

Whether we as individuals like it or not is not as important as whether it is appropriate for the *whole* audience. This is not an adult rated forum, as a whole, and that should be considered by all who post words and pictures. On the other hand, it is not a child focused forum either, and *some* adult humor and attitudes must be expected.

Stacy likes to slap faces. Some don't mind, some like it and others don't. Stacy *chose* to slap faces... that is Stacy's responsibility. How others react is theirs.

Personally, I've been a Stacy, and now that I'm older, arguably (cough) "wiser", and have kids to look out for, I don't care for it, but, being an adult (implying "mature" ...cough), I simply choose to ignore it rather than ask for it's removal... incidently, the flashing stuff bothers me more than the content... some people genuinely *do* get physically interferred with by that.
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
Azalin

Post by Azalin »

JessieK wrote:I find breasts to be a whole new (very practical) body part. Of course, many C&Fers have not had babies, and I can totally understand someone freaking out about that avatar.
Hmmm, I feel the same as you do, but I never had babies... maybe there's something wrong with me! :D
CHIFF FIPPLE

Post by CHIFF FIPPLE »

OK I have changed the Blinkin thing :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
But I don't remember Bloomie coping all this flak and his realy did do yer heed in :boggle: :boggle: :boggle:
So it must be the Toe ring,or mabe you all canner play whistle we yer feet :P mind rolls are tricky :wink:
ImageStacey has the most bodacious fipples! & Message board
http://whistlenstrings.invisionzone.com ... t=0&p=3303&
Martin Milner

Post by Martin Milner »

CHIFF FIPPLE wrote:OK I have changed the Blinkin thing :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
But I don't remember Bloomie coping all this flak and his realy did do yer heed in :boggle: :boggle: :boggle:
So it must be the Toe ring,or mabe you all canner play whistle we yer feet :P mind rolls are tricky :wink:
I remember Bloomie copping some flak, but I don't recall him starting a thread about it! It was all in other threads along the way.

Now it's slowed down it's not gonna cause me to have convulsions. I think it's still distracting and thus detracting from the message of the text, but at least in a safe way.

Thanks Stacey!