Places they won't let you play a whistle

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
FJohnSharp
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I used to be a regular then I took up the bassoon. Bassoons don't have a lot of chiff. Not really, I have always been a drummer, and my C&F years were when I was a little tired of the drums. Now I'm back playing drums. I mist the C&F years, though.

Places they won't let you play a whistle

Post by FJohnSharp »

Center for Sleep Study
"Meon an phobail a thogail trid an chultur"
(The people’s spirit is raised through culture)

Suburban Symphony
GaryKelly
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by GaryKelly »

Trappist monastery?
Image "It might be a bit better to tune to one of my fiddle's open strings, like A, rather than asking me for an F#." - Martin Milner
Marko

Post by Marko »

Within 100 meters of other living creatures
(but i'm really not at all good)
Jayhawk
Tell us something.: Well, just trying to update my avatar after a decade. Hope this counts! Ok, so apparently I must babble on longer.

Post by Jayhawk »

On a park bench right outside the county courthouse (directly under a courtroom window). True event - playing fife in this very location I looked up when I heard pounding to a sea of angry faces...including one in black robes shaking his fist at me!

Eric
blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

In the main office of my water treatment plant during weekdays (which is why I love night shift).
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which is least known--Montaigne

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato
Jack

Post by Jack »

Onboard Amtrak.
blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

I should have added....anywhere anyone can hear me. :D
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which is least known--Montaigne

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato
rkottke

Post by rkottke »

:twisted: Anytime at home when my spouse has either Oprah or Dr. Phil on the television. But just because I am not allowed, does not mean that I quit playing the whistle, I just go to another room and play louder! :devil:

{As an aside, it is wondrous how much squawking a whistle can do when Oprah is pontificating. I know that the purpose of practice is to eliminate squawking but when she is on television, I just cannot help it!}
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

Brewster MA on Cape Cod. I sat out on a deck at a rented house playing the Brass Burke and a lady about 500 yards downhill called on the phone and threatened to call the police and the "association" for that "flute-thing."

Couldn't I go inside, she said? Wrecked a beautiful morning in a way. My first taste of East Coast hospitality.
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
Montana

Post by Montana »

In a very old, thus very slow, small elevator in a historic hotel. The place we were to be playing in was a ballroom at the top of the hotel. I went up alone with all the sound equipment (there was no room for anyone else) and started playing. Kind of a cool echo-y sound but a few residents of the hotel were less than appreciative.
Chuck_Clark

Post by Chuck_Clark »

Rap concerts and operas - possibly the only thing the two have in common.
IDAwHOa
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

In a library. Except, quite possibly, at the library where MarkB works and when he is on duty!!! :P
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
TelegramSam

Post by TelegramSam »

In the stairwell of Church Hall (a dormitory) at the University of Georgia.
<i>The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.</i>
NicoMoreno
Tell us something.: I just wanted to update my location... 100 characters is a lot and I don't really want to type so much just to edit my profile...

Post by NicoMoreno »

Chuck_Clark wrote:Rap concerts and operas - possibly the only thing the two have in common.
I was listening to an article thingy on the radio about the similarities of rap and opera (using sound examples of both). It was really cool, and about the only time I have come close to respecting rap as art music.

I would repeat some of it, but I have forgotten most of it.

One quick thing: the guy compared the arias in opera to something similar in a rap song, (a fairly popular one that plays on most radio stations). Like I said, pretty cool, at least from a sort of musicologist point of view.
sandpiper

Post by sandpiper »

NorCalMusician wrote:In a library. Except, quite possibly, at the library where MarkB works and when he is on duty!!! :P

I work in a library and lots of time you wouldn't be able to hear someone playing the whistle in there, it gets pretty noisy! ... libraries aren't the quiet, stuffy places they once were, at least not the one I work in!

another place that comes to mind...
at an orthodontics appointment