OT, yet safe thread

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.

The weather today is

Poll ended at Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:05 am

Pretty cold
5%
Pretty good
41%
Rainy
19%
Too hot
16%
To stay safe, I just don't comment on weather
19%

Total votes: 37

Zubivka
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

OT, yet safe thread

Post by Zubivka »

I say the weather is pretty cold for the season, isn't it?
skh

Post by skh »

Nice outside, too warm inside, damn computers.
IDAwHOa
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

There is NO such thing as a "safe" topic on this forum. Of that, I am totally convinced.
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
susnfx

Post by susnfx »

NorCalMusician wrote:There is NO such thing as a "safe" topic on this forum. Of that, I am totally convinced.
I've had it with you, Steven, and the way you're "convinced" of everything! Step over this line and I'll "convince" you of THAT! ;)

BTW, you left a choice off your poll, Zub: absolutely perfect. Sunshine here, not a cloud in the sky, cool morning, warm afternoon forecast. I'm convinced it couldn't be better!

Susan
blackhawk

Re: OT, yet safe thread

Post by blackhawk »

Zubivka wrote:I say the weather is pretty cold for the season, isn't it?
Yes it is. This global cooling really has me alarmed. After all, the Vikings grew wheat in Greenland in the year 1,000. How much colder will the earth get before it warms up a bit? The ozone layer must be getting thicker, eh?
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which is least known--Montaigne

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato
IDAwHOa
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

susnfx wrote:Step over this line and I'll "convince" you of THAT! ;)

BTW, you left a choice off your poll, Zub: absolutely perfect. Sunshine here, not a cloud in the sky, cool morning, warm afternoon forecast. I'm convinced it couldn't be better!

Susan
Promises, promises!!! :D

Besides, I am also convinced that what YOU think is perfect may be totally horrible weather for someone else. You are just so selfish, thinking that a warm, clear afternoon is PERFECT!! What about the people that need RAIN! Your "perfectness" is exactly the opposite of what THEY need. :roll:

So, where do I come to get your perfect weather? Right here where I live. But I won't be so bold as to BRAG about it. :twisted:
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
claudine
Tell us something.: Hi, I am a choir singer from Luxembourg trying to get back to Irish flute playing after a few years of absence from ITM.

Post by claudine »

Il fait tellement chaud, on pourrait griller une cuisse de poulet sur le pavé. :P
burnsbyrne

Post by burnsbyrne »

Beautiful day! Blue sky, no smog. I can see Lake Erie from my fifth floor office window. (The lake is about 3 miles away)
Mike
Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo »

claudine wrote:Il fait tellement chaud, on pourrait griller une cuisse de poulet sur le pavé. :P
It's so hot here on C&F, I think we could fry a chicken breast, or at least a good egg.
Montana

Re: OT, yet safe thread

Post by Montana »

Zubivka wrote:I say the weather is pretty cold for the season, isn't it?
I was worried back in April when we had a couple of 80 degree days. Wouldn't have boded well for the summer had it continued. It has been relatively cool but this is the way it's supposed to be here.
Zoob, you think talking about the weather is safe? :o
First we go into the changes in the past decade... which leads into global warming ...and the Kyoto Protocol ...and the pull-out of the U.S. and ...whoa, whoa, whoa... here we goooooooooo :tantrum:
Zubivka

Post by Zubivka »

Claudine, Lorenzo? Errm... see, this is the safe thread.
Would you please leave the chicken out of it, and avoid mentioning breasts and cuisses ? :swear:
rkottke

Wisconsin monsoon

Post by rkottke »

:boggle: Rain-rain-rain-rain. People are looking for Noah. Corn fields are drowned. And to top it off we have been below normal in temperature for the last two weeks. :boggle:
Chuck_Clark

Post by Chuck_Clark »

Mr. Zubivka

What kind of coded political message are you trying to slip in here?
emmline

Post by emmline »

Power outages, brief but frequent, all day long. I think the big thunder boomers will be here soon. 12th grader just finished last day of school and is at a beach party. Will the weather spoil the fun?
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

It's been great piping weather for a good while now. 'Nuff said?