Poll: Did ya?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.

Have you read the new issue of Chiff & Fipple newsletter? The one that went out today, May 29, 2004?

Yes.
67%
No.
33%

Total votes: 51

Dale
The Landlord
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Dale »

glauber wrote:OK, i got it. I admit i had to bribe a postal worker with a fifth of gin to get it, but sometimes you have to make sacrifices. I have to say i was very surprised and saddened to see that it includes an article critical of Grey Larsen's new notation for Irish music ornaments. It was great to have Dale with us in this world for so many years; he will be sorely missed. :sniffle:
It's a gentlemanly debate between two scholars. What's your problem?
Zubivka

Post by Zubivka »

Just got the Sunday paper in my mailbox.

This week, the comics are kind of scarce, and I couldn't much read the papers. Then I realized that I hadn't had my second pot of coffee, and my computer screen was upside down.

So I stopped the yoga, came back on my feet, munched my bowl of coffee beans and, skipping the ads, started reading as usual from P3, i.e. People & Pets Page. Never mind the lead-addict feline with a bong, the real guest star is chef Jojo Quellie. He's the Lord of the roosters and a maître-coq of a cook, but controversial: IMHO for pure drop chop-suey, stirring the wok with a single chopstick is a no-no.

Also, I prefer different kind of cats for the centerfold. The Swiss resident stringers should contribute more often.

After such warm-up, I proceeded to the theology column by Bill Ochs, no bollicks. I can't take sides on his current debate with Rev. Larsen, but his amazing graces sound gospel to me. Also I appreciated his liberal preach to rehabilitate the hooligan pipe workers, no matter what you socially think of them. Some day I shall also invite my local plumber for a formal tea. With a little luck he'll promise to drive by "some time next week" as usual.
Joseph E. Smith
antispam: No

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

News letter? What newsletter? Theres a news letter? Where's the newsletter?
Daniel_Bingamon

Post by Daniel_Bingamon »

Boy that was short poll. I guess is was a one day poll. It would let me vote. Maybe C&F pulled my voting privledges, hmm.

Yes, I did read the newsletter.

To those of you having anti-spam software, there are whitelists that you can add email addresses to that allow them to bypass the spam filters.
Email - YouTube - Ebay - Website $28 Low-D
burnsbyrne

Post by burnsbyrne »

I got it and read it.
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

Zubivka wrote:Just got the Sunday paper in my mailbox.

This week, the comics are kind of scarce, and I couldn't much read the papers. Then I realized that I hadn't had my second pot of coffee, and my computer screen was upside down.

So I stopped the yoga, came back on my feet, munched my bowl of coffee beans and, skipping the ads, started reading as usual from P3, i.e. People & Pets Page. Never mind the lead-addict feline with a bong, the real guest star is chef Jojo Quellie. He's the Lord of the roosters and a maître-coq of a cook, but controversial: IMHO for pure drop chop-suey, stirring the wok with a single chopstick is a no-no.

Also, I prefer different kind of cats for the centerfold. The Swiss resident stringers should contribute more often.

After such warm-up, I proceeded to the theology column by Bill Ochs, no bollicks. I can't take sides on his current debate with Rev. Larsen, but his amazing graces sound gospel to me. Also I appreciated his liberal preach to rehabilitate the hooligan pipe workers, no matter what you socially think of them. Some day I shall also invite my local plumber for a formal tea. With a little luck he'll promise to drive by "some time next week" as usual.
This is a dazzling, if vaguely psychotic, review.
glauber

Post by glauber »

DaleWisely wrote:It's a gentlemanly debate between two scholars. What's your problem?
I thought the hordes of new-notation enthusiasts would have murdered you by now.
On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog!
--Wellsprings--
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

glauber wrote:
DaleWisely wrote:It's a gentlemanly debate between two scholars. What's your problem?
I thought the hordes of new-notation enthusiasts would have murdered you by now.
They are outside my house. Carrying torches and shaking their fists. The torches are particularly silly because it is 85 degrees F and sunny.
Zubivka

Post by Zubivka »

DaleWisely wrote:
glauber wrote:
They are outside my house. Carrying torches and shaking their fists. The torches are particularly silly because it is 85 degrees F and sunny.
Would you guys please take your case to a separate, juicy, rumble thread?
About time to flex muscles, here. This spring, there's some excess of testosterone in the air... :D

On the right, the Billoxians, Tories, for the defense of the holy Grace. Strict billoxians also stand for Appogiaturi.

On the left, the Larsenians, Reformists, advocating New Age acute cuts and Martini-glass strikes.

Around, those who can't read music anyway, never thought one could get Larsens in acoustic sessions, but will stick around for a good brawl if the beer is cheap.

*gong* Glauber (Larsenic) swings first with a strike -- misses but gets the referee.
Dale (referee) strikes back with an upper cut...

:party: gimme some popcorn, willya?
glauber

Post by glauber »

Zubivka wrote:On the left, the Larsenians, Reformists, advocating New Age acute cuts and Martini-glass strikes.
:lol:
I like Grey Larsen and his playing a lot, but i'm not very happy with the new notation. Just more stuff to learn, and the old notation worked just fine, IMHO.
On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog!
--Wellsprings--
TomB

Post by TomB »

Yes, I read it.
"Consult the Book of Armaments"
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

Thanks for reminder. I gave up re-subscribing every time there was some email address change etc, so I need you to post these to remind me to go the website.
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
mvhplank
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by mvhplank »

I read it immediately.

I also sent money 'cause I know first-hand that server space isn't free.

Dale even had time to personally thank me--which means not enough of you are sending money or he'd be too busy to be that nice. :D

M
Marguerite
Gettysburg