Northeast Whistle Gathering?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
emmline
antispam: No

Post by emmline »

Unseen122 wrote:how bout near NYC. :D
yes
Jerry Freeman
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Jerry Freeman »

I would have to look at the actual location, but I think about the furthest I could travel would be western Massachusetts, and even that would be a stretch. I'm in upstate New York, about 40 miles North of Syracuse.

Best wishes,
Jerry

P.S. I've been offline for the last nine days because of a problem with my computer, in case anyone was wondering why I had disappeared.
brewerpaul
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by brewerpaul »

Western Mass is fine with me, especially if it means Jerry could make it. The Berkshires are really beautiful. Other nearby things to do/see include the Norman Rockwell Museum in Stockbridge, and Tanglewood in Lenox. Slowair-- what do you know about possible locations for us to meet? Does the brewpub in Pittsfield have a semi-private room we might use? Parks?
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
slowair

Post by slowair »

I'm a little confused here.

I thought that the majority of people agreed on Northampton, MA. And that Bloomy had put out the dates of July 24/25?

He is already in the process of ironing out the details. I think.

So why is it that people are trying to get it moved or whatever?

If this kinda confusion keeps up, there won't be a gathering.

So let's try to stay with Northampton on the weekend of July 24/25. Bloomy will let us know what he comes up with as far as place, events and day/time. If it's successful, then we can have others and move them around so that everyone eventually gets a chance to go.

Can't please everyone.

Mike
PhilO
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by PhilO »

I'll try to make it. I'm in NYC (Queens) about 4 hours from Boston. Is Northampton north or south of Boston?

PhilO
"This is this; this ain't something else. This is this." - Robert DeNiro, "The Deer Hunter," 1978.
Feadan

Post by Feadan »

PhilO wrote:I'll try to make it. I'm in NYC (Queens) about 4 hours from Boston. Is Northampton north or south of Boston?

PhilO
None of the above. West!!! Quite a bit closer to you. I91 north of Springfield along the Connecticut River. You know...the nice part of the state :D

-David
Unseen122
Tell us something.: Of course I'm not a bot; I've been here for years... Apparently that isn't enough to pass muster though!

Post by Unseen122 »

I can't make it to there that weekend it is about 5 hours (Boston is anyway so maybe 4 1/2). I think having more than one is a great idea we could have all of them on the same weekend to save any confusion as usually my vote is near NYC. :D
spittin_in_the_wind

Post by spittin_in_the_wind »

slowair wrote:I'm a little confused here.

I thought that the majority of people agreed on Northampton, MA. And that Bloomy had put out the dates of July 24/25?

He is already in the process of ironing out the details. I think.

So why is it that people are trying to get it moved or whatever?

If this kinda confusion keeps up, there won't be a gathering.

So let's try to stay with Northampton on the weekend of July 24/25. Bloomy will let us know what he comes up with as far as place, events and day/time. If it's successful, then we can have others and move them around so that everyone eventually gets a chance to go.

Can't please everyone.

Mike
True. Sounds like there needs to be NJ/Philly and Baltimore/D.C> area whistle gatherings...come on guys, get moving on that, eh?!
spittin_in_the_wind

Post by spittin_in_the_wind »

PhilO wrote:I'll try to make it. I'm in NYC (Queens) about 4 hours from Boston. Is Northampton north or south of Boston?

PhilO
Northampton is West of Boston, far west. It should only be a couple hours from NYC. edited to add: 2 hrs, 40 minutes according to mapquest.

R.
Unseen122
Tell us something.: Of course I'm not a bot; I've been here for years... Apparently that isn't enough to pass muster though!

Post by Unseen122 »

I have only lived up here for about 2 1/2 years so my knowledge of the area is not that great any ideas for a place? I mean around Philly/NYC somewhere in the middle would be good. :D
meir

Post by meir »

confused. is it set or is it not? is that that weekend? i suggest once it is set, abandon this thread and go to a new one announcing the final info.
meir
brewerpaul

Post by brewerpaul »

That date and location works fine for me. Sooner we set it up, the better.
Got wood?
Bloomfield

Post by Bloomfield »

brewerpaul wrote:That date and location works fine for me. Sooner we set it up, the better.
Hi folks, I have been "traveling" but am finally back. I will get on this tomorrow, and will first parse this thread carefully to see what has been set and what hasn't.

P.S.
A bit of advice: Don't think a friend is a friend before you've asked him to help you post bail...
/Bloomfield
brewerpaul

Post by brewerpaul »

[quote="BloomfieldA bit of advice: Don't think a friend is a friend before you've asked him to help you post bail...[/quote]

Inquiring minds want to know... :-?
Got wood?
slowair

Post by slowair »

Hey Bloomy, glad to have you back.

I'm looking forward to what you come up with. If you need help, I'll do what I can. Need ideas? Paul and I got em.

Just say the word!

This is going to be fun. Can't wait.

Mike