Least enjoyed aspect of the forums.

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.

The thing I enjoy least about the C&F Forums.

Too much politics.
43%
Amar explained how Kellogg caused the low birth rate in western societies.
5%
Too much consumer-driven capitalism evident.
4%
Too much unfriendliness toward makers, sellers, or others.
24%
Not enough discussion of birdcalls for a so-called whistle site.
4%
I posted once to the U-Pipes Forum, and now I fear for life as we knew it.
1%
Something-or-other else.
19%

Total votes: 79

Walden
Chiffmaster General
antispam: No

Least enjoyed aspect of the forums.

Post by Walden »

Which of these do you least enjoy? I decided not to list myself as an option. :)
Reasonable person
Walden
emmline

Post by emmline »

Interesting that of 4 responses thus far, 2 cite "unfriendliness" toward...
People need to learn to take things less seriously. I find little unfriendliness that couldn't be fairly easily shrugged off.
vomitbunny
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by vomitbunny »

Too many polls.
My opinion is stupid and wrong.
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

vomitbunny wrote:Too many polls.
Ooh... yeah! I had intended to make that an option, and forgot when I was putting the poll together!
Reasonable person
Walden
talasiga

Post by talasiga »

emmline wrote:Interesting that of 4 responses thus far, 2 cite "unfriendliness" toward...
People need to learn to take things less seriously. I find little unfriendliness that couldn't be fairly easily shrugged off.
Thats nice. We should argue sometime.
:)

I voted for the last option.
There are too many knowitalls around
:oops:
qui jure suo utitur neminem laedit
FJohnSharp
Tell us something.: I used to be a regular then I took up the bassoon. Bassoons don't have a lot of chiff. Not really, I have always been a drummer, and my C&F years were when I was a little tired of the drums. Now I'm back playing drums. I mist the C&F years, though.

Post by FJohnSharp »

That Wisely dude really torques me off. Who does he think he is?

:lol:
"Meon an phobail a thogail trid an chultur"
(The people’s spirit is raised through culture)

Suburban Symphony
Redwolf
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Redwolf »

I clicked "politics." It just seems that I can't get away from political discussions, no matter where I go, and it gets old (and rather depressing). I would never say "don't discuss this" (not only is it not my right to do so, but as is often pointed out, if I don't want to read them, I don't have to click on them), but I do keep wishing there were someplace...anyplace...where politics just weren't an issue.

What can I say? I live in Santa Cruz, and in Santa Cruz you can't walk down the block without getting someone's political opinion rammed in your face...it just gets a little wearying.

Redwolf
...agus déanfaidh mé do mholadh ar an gcruit a Dhia, a Dhia liom!
Hiro Ringo
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Hiro Ringo »

Redwolf,I can so easily get away from political discussions,because they are incredibly hard to understand.....in English. :lol:

Sometimes being ignorant is quite rewarding. :)
Last edited by Hiro Ringo on Sun May 23, 2004 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
DCrom

Post by DCrom »

I clicked on "Unfriendliness . . ." but nearly clicked on "Politics".

I've seen more vitriol, from otherwise decent people, on those two topics than seems reasonable. There are a lot of folks on here that I really like - but these topics, especially politics, seems to bring out the worst of all of us I like to think that, in most cases, we could discuss it in person - but the lack of immediate feedback on the board sometimes encourages us to go far beyond the level of vehemence we'd show face to face.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

I quite enjoy the fact that there's not enough discussion of bird calls for a so-called whistle site. To be brutally honest, I really enjoy it. But I don't enjoy it nearly as much as the other things on the list so it had to get my vote. :D
Maeloc
Tell us something.: I love Emer Mayock, Matt Molloy, Jean Michel Veillon and Michael McGoldrick playing. My favourite flute makers are Hammy Hamilton and Solen Lesouef

Post by Maeloc »

Hi there, my first post :party:
As a newbie, I think the forum is rather disorganized (just an opinion, please take no offence); when it comes to find information or opinions of other users about an specific maker, player or matter, it gets really difficult, the only option is post a new thread about something that maybe was answered before; it would be great if it was divided in sections (for example, Help for beginners, Opinions about whistle makers, Politics..); just a suggestion, I love the forum :)
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

Maeloc wrote:Hi there, my first post :party:
As a newbie, I think the forum is rather disorganized (just an opinion, please take no offence); when it comes to find information or opinions of other users about an specific maker, player or matter, it gets really difficult, the only option is post a new thread about something that maybe was answered before; it would be great if it was divided in sections (for example, Help for beginners, Opinions about whistle makers, Politics..); just a suggestion, I love the forum :)
You might want to check out the Dazed in LA Matrix: http://www.geocities.com/whistleannex/Matrix001.html
Reasonable person
Walden
OnTheMoor

Post by OnTheMoor »

Too much politics? I see one political thread in the most recent fifty threads and it isn't exactly hidden. Unless you consider the United States of America Greeting Card political.
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

OnTheMoor wrote:Too much politics? I see one political thread in the most recent fifty threads and it isn't exactly hidden. Unless you consider the United States of America Greeting Card political.
I have to admit that I am baffled by this myself. Although people say to me all the time that the board is all OT and so much politics, at any given time if you count the last 50 or so threads, the great majority aren't OT, or at least aren't TOO OT.

Too bad there's not another option right under "Too much politics." It could be "Too much complaining about too much politics."
GaryKelly

Post by GaryKelly »

I voted for Amar, even though I don't understand how Cornflakes have anything to do with declining birth-rates.

Amar is the devil. He made me buy a low F, and an F flute, and a bunch of CDs... then somehow he made me order a Phil Bleazey flute on Thursday.... when my bank manager kills me I shall haunt Amar for all eternity and make every F-sharp he ever plays an F-natural...
Image "It might be a bit better to tune to one of my fiddle's open strings, like A, rather than asking me for an F#." - Martin Milner