Which TV character should be bounced off a wall?

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
emmline
antispam: No

Post by emmline »

TelegramSam wrote:Pretty much the entire prime time lineup. They all suck. I abhor "reality" shows (an oxymoron if I ever heard one); there hasn't been a really good sitcom since <i>The Nanny</i> ended and now that <i>Frasier</i> is over, there really aren't any. Oh and I hate those design shows too...
Sam...tvs can be turned off.
mamakash
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by mamakash »

I found Sam and Diane from Cheers highly irritating and often required an application of antihistamine after viewing. Kristy Alley's character called for an ipecac.
I never liked Cheers. It reminded me of Taxi(the entire episode never ventures out of one room), which I never watched because I was a tad too young. Give me late night reruns of the Odd Couple any day. We'll miss you, Tony. :cry:
I sing the birdie tune
It makes the birdies swoon
It sends them to the moon
Just like a big balloon
buddhu

Post by buddhu »

Most TV characters... :moreevil:
And whether the blood be highland, lowland or no.
And whether the skin be black or white as the snow.
Of kith and of kin we are one, be it right, be it wrong.
As long as our hearts beat true to the lilt of a song.
GaryKelly

Post by GaryKelly »

I don't have a TV. Problem solved.
Image "It might be a bit better to tune to one of my fiddle's open strings, like A, rather than asking me for an F#." - Martin Milner
buddhu

Post by buddhu »

No TV? Cool.
And whether the blood be highland, lowland or no.
And whether the skin be black or white as the snow.
Of kith and of kin we are one, be it right, be it wrong.
As long as our hearts beat true to the lilt of a song.
brewerpaul
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by brewerpaul »

Yes, I most definitely meant Rush Limburger
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
Flyingcursor
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

I would have to try to decide which ones to keep since most all are annoying beyond limits of sanity. Fortunately I don't watch TV much.

I am more annoyed by the TV concepts in general then the actual characters.

Seinfeld is my favorite. Sorry.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
anniemcu
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Re: OT: Which TV character should be bounced off a wall?

Post by anniemcu »

Chuck_Clark wrote:I was unable to get the channel changed in time to avoid a few minutes of Seinfeld re-run today. That few minutes was all Jason Alexander as George whatzizname. And it occurred to me that even though the show is (thankfully) dead, Alexander continues to play the same dumbass character and probably will for life.

As you can tell, I cannot stand the character (a two-legged worm if ever there was one). So my question is this: Which TV character (cartoons allowed) would you most love to pick up and shake until he/she/it rattles?
"Mr." Stephanopolis is also one of my least favorite characters, and I agree that Mr. Alexander seems to be getting stuck in that part under various character names... the bumbling buffoon in Cinderella, the cheesy male chauvenist piglet in an really good movie - Shallow Hal, and other less than intelligent comedic rut parts.

However, I find no dearth of candidates for wall tossing in the television world, so suggest that a better, and much more easily answered in less than a thousand words question, would be, "Which TV character (cartoons allowed) would you not love to pick up and shake until he/she/it rattles?"

I'm thinking...
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
glauber

Post by glauber »

glauber wrote:George W Bush
I actually liked the character he played in his previous sitcom (the goofy son of the president). But his current character gets annoying after 5 minutes.
On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog!
--Wellsprings--
OutOfBreath

Post by OutOfBreath »

All of them.
John
-------
The Internet is wonderful. Surely there have always been thousands of people deeply concerned about my sex life and the quality of my septic tank but before the Internet I never heard from any of them.
Sandy Jasper

Post by Sandy Jasper »

So far there have been some pretty good examples, Barney probably being the leader of the pack!

How about the Ozbornes?
burnsbyrne

Post by burnsbyrne »

I find it nearly impossible to watch Monk for the same reasons that I can't watch Frasier and Lucille Ball. They all set up a ridiculous, absurd and frustrating situation and milk it for all the embarassment and exasperation that they can get out of it. I'd be glad to throw these characters to the wall in a minute.
Mike
Paul

Post by Paul »

burnsbyrne wrote:I find it nearly impossible to watch Monk for the same reasons that I can't watch Frasier and Lucille Ball. They all set up a ridiculous, absurd and frustrating situation and milk it for all the embarassment and exasperation that they can get out of it. I'd be glad to throw these characters to the wall in a minute.
Mike
I saw Monk. Once. Nuff said.
mamakash wrote:I found Sam and Diane from Cheers highly irritating and often required an application of antihistamine after viewing. Kristy Alley's character called for an ipecac.
I never liked Cheers.
I couldn't agree with you more about those particular characters. They were just plain unbearable. I actually liked the show overall because of all the other characters like Cliff and Norm and Carla and Frasier, etc. There was actually enough of them to offset the other. Whenever a Sam and Diane or Kirstie Alley (I forgot her character name) drama came up you could always go get a beer or something.
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Re: OT: Which TV character should be bounced off a wall?

Post by Walden »

Chuck_Clark wrote:I find it interesting that I asked for characters and several people have mentioned real personas (Bush, Limbaugh, Stern, etc.) I suppose thats appropriate. I suspect that they're playing roles even in real life.
Do we count TBN characters?
Last edited by Walden on Fri May 21, 2004 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reasonable person
Walden
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

Well, we like Monk a lot here at Whistler's Lair so I disagree with you guys. We find it funny more than anything. The real detective shows have better intricacies.

But I posted to say that Kirstie Alley has probably become frightening enough to become popular with the gays, like Judy Garland. I think the term used to be "fag hag."

She makes truly scary tv commercials that make me cringe and seek cover. She has a little bit of the instability of Judy, but a lot more Divine these days.
How do you prepare for the end of the world?