Piper needed for Irish pop group

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
skipjam
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Piper needed for Irish pop group

Post by skipjam »

Hi Everyone,

The Irish/Christian Pop group "Ceili Rain" is seeking the assitance of someone who preferably lives in the Northeast U.S. and plays highland pipes, tin whistle, and, if possible, the uilleann pipes. You should be interested in touring as "Ceili Rain" performs all over North America and has also been to Europe on three occasions in the past 4 years. The band has plans to go to Spain later this year and will be doing a tour in Ireland next year. The music is all original and loads of fun to play. I've been the primary piper and whistle player for several years now, and I play the highland pipes and whistle on 90% of the tunes. Several songs do feature the uilleann pipes, however, and it would be grand if the person who takes the spot can play them (although, the band leader wants me to stress that a high degree of uilleann pipe expertise is not a necessity).

Interested persons may visit "ceilirain.com" for further information about the band, and if you're interested in possibly auditioning or simply want to know more about the position, please send me a "private message."

Thanks, Skip
Douglas

Post by Douglas »

Too bad it isn't in So Cal. I used to play the Highland pipes in a Christian rockband.

Good luck with your search.
glauber

Post by glauber »

This is a cool band. Great opportunity!
On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog!
--Wellsprings--
Dionys

Post by Dionys »

Need only Christians apply?
Tir gan teanga <--> Tir gan Anam.
Patrick D'Arcy
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by Patrick D'Arcy »

Oh I think there's a little bit of Pagan in all pipers, be they Christian or not..... the good ones anyway ;)

For the hard core Christians out there: when I say Pagan I am referring to the Celtic faiths not Devil worshiping, as the Catholic church has construed to their own ends over the centuries and thus thwarted the honest beliefs of humanity.

Thank you and... good night,

Patrick.
Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo »

Patrick D'Arcy wrote:Oh I think there's a little bit of Pagan in all pipers, be they Christian or not..... the good ones anyway ;)

For the hard core Christians out there: when I say Pagan I am referring to the Celtic faiths not Devil worshiping, as the Catholic church has construed to their own ends over the centuries and thus thwarted the honest beliefs of humanity.

Thank you and... good night
:lol:
leremarkable

Post by leremarkable »

I just got hold of a copy of a study of the Brehon Laws at Borders
bookshop - Great stuff - a code for pre-Christian Ireland on how to regulate its-self, and in a less dictatorial style than Roman Laws.

From what I have read so far, things in Ireland back then in many ways were alot more civilised than the world is today after much Christianity.
Mypipes

Post by Mypipes »

Forgive them Lord for they know not what they say.....Pagan Ireland was more civil?? No Clan warfare ....Wealthy landowners enslaving the poor...At least St Patrick got rid of the snakes! :wink:
leremarkable

Post by leremarkable »

And sarcrificing virgins :twisted:
djm

Post by djm »

Virgins? There's virgins in Ireland? In spite of the priests' best efforts? :D

djm
boyd
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Sets in D and B by Rogge and flute by Olwell, whistles by Burke and Goldie. I have been a member for a very long time here. Thanks for reading.

Post by boyd »

This has very rapidly turned into a DODGY thread....

Uncle Dale is likely to Napalm it into eternity if you don't all repent at once. :devil:

Boyd

Hail Mary Mother of God
Please forgive me
For I'm a Prod
stew
Tell us something.: I play Uilleann pipes, they have three regulators, three drones bass tenor and alto, also a chanter, bellows and bag.

Post by stew »

Forgive me here, I thought St Patrick was originally a Englishman. :-? 8)
No E

Post by No E »

stew wrote:Forgive me here, I thought St Patrick was originally a Englishman. :-? 8)
Patrick was a Briton... The Angles and Saxons were flipping coins at the time (heads we stay in Germany, tails we take over that island).

No E
boyd
Tell us something.: Sets in D and B by Rogge and flute by Olwell, whistles by Burke and Goldie. I have been a member for a very long time here. Thanks for reading.

Post by boyd »

No E

Post by No E »

Boyd,

I stand corrected :D

Great book by the way, including tunes such as "Not Safe With a Razor" and "How Much Do Those Weigh?"

No E