Kevin Krell...Help!

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Doc Jones
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Kevin Krell...Help!

Post by Doc Jones »

I've been feeling sort of unsettled lately...like something's wrong but I don't know what.

I'm doing a lot of pacing and wringing my hands.

I wake up in the middle of the night and stare at the ceiling and wonder what the problem could be.

Could it be that I turned forty this week? No, I think I'm OK with that.

Could it be that I've finally mastered the Low D crann. Nope.

Could it be that the IRS wants to audit me? No, I think the accountant can manage.

Could it be that I have 13 children? Well, I mean sure that could be it, but I don't think so.

Then sudddenly I realize what it is! The Wooden Flute Obsession VOl. 2 was supposed to be available sometime in April and I don't have it yet! :boggle:

Kevin what gives? We're dying out here. Do you have an ETA?

Doc
Last edited by Doc Jones on Thu Apr 29, 2004 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

OK, May then.

I just received the audio reference CDs on Tuesday afternoon for approval from Grey Larsen. I believe he's done an excellent job of mastering such diverse material. The graphics are completed and I receive physical proofs probably on Friday. While I could send it to replication in the next week, I am concerned about hiss on one track and am working out if it can be improved. The website now reflects actual track running times. I will post the track order page when ordering can result in immediate shipment.

Kevin Krell
International Traditional Music Society, Inc.
A non-profit 501c3 charity/educational public benefit corporation
Wooden Flute Obsession CDs (3 volumes, 6 discs, 7 hours, 120 players/tracks)
https://www.worldtrad.org
Doc Jones

Post by Doc Jones »

Wonderfulness! :D

Thanks Kevin.

Doc
timgreenwood
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by timgreenwood »

i can't help but notice that almost everyone on WFO 2 seems to be playing one of Sam Murray's flutes...is there some kind of conspiracy?!

:twisted:
Loren
Tell us something.: You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

timgreenwood wrote:i can't help but notice that almost everyone on WFO 2 seems to be playing one of Sam Murray's flutes...is there some kind of conspiracy?!

Clearly Sam has hired a high powered product placement team, in fact if you look closely you will be able to see Sam's flutes conspicuously placed in many of this summer's high profile hollywood films.

Loren
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

timgreenwood wrote:i can't help but notice that almost everyone on WFO 2 seems to be playing one of Sam Murray's flutes...is there some kind of conspiracy?!

Couldn't help it. The CD is player's choice, tunes, flute, whatever. Just worked out this way for the particular players that everyone selected (and who were available this time around). Actually, when things settle down, I'll try to get info about all the as-yet-unmentioned flutes used on the remaining tracks.

Kevin Krell
kkrell

Post by kkrell »

(Duplicate post)

WFO2 has been sent (finally!) for printing & CD replication. I hope to have copies in 2-3 weeks. Thanks to all of you who have made this release possible: the flute players, accompanists, engineers, composers, labels, and the community that assisted in the process, and enabled me to get in touch with all parties. I'll post another note when I have CDs in hand.

Kevin Krell