OT - Going on a Diet

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
amar
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

i think there's a similarity to what's her name? the tomb raider?

oh yeah, angelina jolie.

i mean look at them big angelina jolie lips.

:lol:
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

amar wrote:i think there's a similarity to...angelina jolie.
My labor nurse told me that between a couple of contractions. I actually hear that a lot. I wish she didn't creep me out so much...then it wouldn't bother me.
~JessieD
The Weekenders
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by The Weekenders »

Yuck. Jolie: Butt-fat lips via injection. Creeps me out. In some movies, they are freshly done. In others, they are thinner.

JessieK: Natural lips via genetics. Baby proves it! :thumbsup:
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
Redwolf
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Redwolf »

Yikes! Gotta tell ya, Jessie...if that's "total fatso," then I am the blob! You look great!

Redwolf
...agus déanfaidh mé do mholadh ar an gcruit a Dhia, a Dhia liom!
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

Well, I posted the picture to show what I look like now (all puffy), because I didn't want to post my actual weight, NOT to solicit compliments, but THANKS. :) :) :)

(Yes, my lips are real. I did have elective surgery once. It was a breast reduction, when I was 16. It was for my back and was covered by insurance. Because of it, I did not produce enough milk for Joey. :( But I tried, and at least she got SOME.)
~JessieD
Chuck_Clark

Post by Chuck_Clark »

The best advice for anyone is worry about your own weight and let others worry about theirs. Diet advice is the kind most often offered unsolicited and most likely to be resented when it is unsolicited. Dieting is NOT hard. I often say, with sad near-honesty, that in my life I've lost over a thousand pounds - and gained back 1150. And not once did I do it because of what someone ELSE thought.

Jessie, kid, you look fine. We've all seen plenty of evidence of your inner beauty the last few weeks and the external package ain't at all bad, either. But since YOU want to drop some, then hopefully this mutual support thing will work for all of us.

I'm the opposite. To keep meself honest, I'll post an official starting weight tomorrow after my weekly official weigh-in. But if you think anyone is going to see a picture, 'twill be a cold day in hell, indeed!

BTW, NOTHING ticks off a large person than some skinny jock-type who's never had a spare pound to his/her name telling US how to lose weight! It's like a priest or a nun teaching a marriage class, fer cryin' out loud!
glauber

Post by glauber »

JessieK wrote:Well, I posted the picture to show what I look like now (all puffy)
This is normal, Jessie. It will go away; it will seem to take forever. It's not all fat, there is a lot of extra fluid that your body has to get rid of. My wife had puffy legs and feet for at least a month after Laura was born. It upset her very much, because people said you go back to your normal profile quickly after the baby is born, but really you don't.

(I'm not a doctor, but i play one on the Internet sometimes.)
On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog!
--Wellsprings--
HDSarah

Post by HDSarah »

JessieK wrote: I will most certainly not jog - ever. . .

I may walk with the baby in a stroller just because we live in a beautiful place,
I didn't get one of the "jogging" strollers with my first because I, too, will never jog. I got one when my second was a few months old and used it LOTS for about 5 years, never once jogging with it. I see that they now advertise some of that style (3-wheeled, with big wheels) as "all-terrain" strollers, which is what I used mine for. It worked great on gravel and bumpy dirt roads, snow (I live in Alaska; we walk on snow half the year), and even fairly steep hilly trails. If you want to take walks in beautiful locations, the terrain is often rough, and I'd highly recommend an all-terrain stroller. And, if you're planning on having another child within a few years, I'd recommend investing in a two-seater at the start. (You can keep the diaper bag, etc. in the extra seat for now.) Preschoolers can run around in circles all day, but if you put them on a trail and try to go for a real walk, most are whining "Mommy carry me" within 50 yards.:roll: Babies do need to develop some neck strength before they're safe sitting as upright as the all-terrain strollers place them. Until then, a baby sling or other carrier that's comfortable for both of you is probably better for walks.
Wombat wrote: I need to figure out a way of eating a little chocolate as a treat without binging.
Cocoa powder is a sugar-free, lower-fat form of chocolate. At one point in time when I was seriously watching what I ate, my frequent treat was a mug of hot chocolate made with a heaping spoonful of cocoa powder, a less-heaping spoonful of sugar, and skim milk. It was chocolately and not too sweet, and satisfied my desire for chocolate without going overboard on calories or starting me binging. I don't know if that would work for you.

Finally, I should join you dieters. Maybe when the cookie jar is empty . . . I made butterscotch shortbread yesterday and they're calling to me. :lol: Luckily cookies never last long around here. For now I'll read this thread for inspiration. Good luck to you all!

Sarah
ICE JAM: "dam" good music that won't leave you cold. Check out our CD at http://cdbaby.com/cd/icejam
Jack

Post by Jack »

Diets make you fat.
RonKiley

Post by RonKiley »

Okay I am in. I have lost 42 pounds in the last year. For a couple of months I have been fairly steady. Today I am 209, Bmi 30.0, height 5"10". I need to get to about 185. I will be perfectly happy if it takes a year to do that. I will be ecstatic if it happens quicker. It is not because I want to look better but because I want to live better and longer.

Ron
Bryan Poe

Post by Bryan Poe »

This is a great idea, I'll happily throw my excess fat on the fire. Having moved from Houston, TX (great cycling commute everyday) to Buffalo, NY (land of the 8 month winter), I've picked up about 30 pounds.

By the way, I am non-recovering PDA junky, so I converted the previously mentioned glycemic index / glycemic load chart into an Excel spreadsheet that is easily viewable and searchable on "Pocket Excel" (for the poclet PC). I think it will work well for planning my next run to the market. If anyone is interested, I've posted a copy here:http://www.ravenwindworks.com/GI_GL.xls
Bryan Poe

Post by Bryan Poe »

This is a great idea, I'll happily throw my excess fat on the fire. Having moved from Houston, TX (great cycling commute everyday) to Buffalo, NY (land of the 8 month winter), I've picked up about 30 pounds.

By the way, I am non-recovering PDA junky, so I converted the previously mentioned glycemic index / glycemic load chart into an Excel spreadsheet that is easily viewable and searchable on "Pocket Excel" (for the poclet PC). I think it will work well for planning my next run to the market. If anyone is interested, I've posted a copy here:http://www.ravenwindworks.com/GI_GL.xls
Bryan Poe

Sorry about the double post!

Post by Bryan Poe »

:o
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

A great contribution, Bryan! Bears repeating! :lol:
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

This is great...so many fat people!! Just kidding.

So, what I am going to do is keep a running count of weight loss starting today. I will weigh myself weekly and try not to do it in between (I want to see progress!). When I get to 30 pounds, I will have reached my goal. I may keep going after that, but only gently.

:)
~JessieD