Chiff & Fipple and the Last 'Friends' Episode

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Dale
The Landlord
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Chiff & Fipple and the Last 'Friends' Episode

Post by Dale »

I guess I could watch the last 'Friends' episode, except that I've never seen any full episode. I've seen fragments here and there, though.
mamakash

Post by mamakash »

Don't sweat it, Dale. Lot of hoopla over nothing. I watched one season of it, I think, but got bored.

If the Simpsons ever go off the air, I'll be crushed.
I sing the birdie tune
It makes the birdies swoon
It sends them to the moon
Just like a big balloon
JessieK
antispam: No

Post by JessieK »

Ok, I admit it - I LOVE Friends! I've been watching it religiously since the second season. It is one of the TWO shows I watch. The other is ER. That one can't last forever, either. :(
~JessieD
emmline

Post by emmline »

Television has never recovered from the departure of Rob Morrow from (and subsequent demise of) Northern Exposure.
FJohnSharp
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I used to be a regular then I took up the bassoon. Bassoons don't have a lot of chiff. Not really, I have always been a drummer, and my C&F years were when I was a little tired of the drums. Now I'm back playing drums. I mist the C&F years, though.

Post by FJohnSharp »

For gripping, blood pressure raising, nail biting drama, you can't beat '24'.

My favorite all time show may have been St. Elsewhere. Northern Exposure is up there too.
"Meon an phobail a thogail trid an chultur"
(The people’s spirit is raised through culture)

Suburban Symphony
Soineanta

Post by Soineanta »

I never really got into Friends, but I have some girlfriends who are pretty torn up about it. I'm more upset about the end of "Frasier" to be honest.
~Sara S.~
"We don't build statues to worship the exceptional life; we build them to remind ourselves what is possible in our own." - unknown
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

Never watched it except momentarily while flippin' thru. The hype cemented the resolve not to.

Interesting article in paper yesterday about how ABC abandoned The Drew Carey Show, which will end this season. Apparently, whoever championed the show at the outset no longer works for the network, so the current weasels are letting his show go gently in the night without hoopla.

Never watched it either but he seems like a funny guy.
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
FJohnSharp
Tell us something.: I used to be a regular then I took up the bassoon. Bassoons don't have a lot of chiff. Not really, I have always been a drummer, and my C&F years were when I was a little tired of the drums. Now I'm back playing drums. I mist the C&F years, though.

Post by FJohnSharp »

Drew Carey show is funny, and if you can ever see it in reruns on aBC Family, his Whose Line is This Anyway, improv show was hilarious.
"Meon an phobail a thogail trid an chultur"
(The people’s spirit is raised through culture)

Suburban Symphony
IDAwHOa
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

"Friends?", I don't got no "stinking" "friends".
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
Eliezer

What friends?

Post by Eliezer »

That was one poorly-writted show...and the acting never rose above mediocre. Characters so cardboard you could deliver a pizza with them.

Reminded me of a "Little Lotta" comic book with better clothes.

Dale, take the time to make a gourmet meal or put Drano in all your drains. :roll:
"Talk cannot cook rice." - Charlie Chan
Cyfiawnder

Post by Cyfiawnder »

There's good news though. The Family Guy is being put back on prime time with ALL NEW EPISODES!!! Oh about friends.. I think i saw one episode ever. The one where the ditsy blonde chick sings about smelly cats. I mean if they were all written by the same folks that wrote that eppisode I'de rather watch king of the hill...
Northern Exposure was a great show. I saw it from the very begining. I used to stay up later after 10pm on school nights just so I could watch it... I thought I was the only one... I even remember the Treboucher episode (the cow catapolt). I think he flung his harley instead.... i can't remember.
Justinus say guiness in hand worth two in ice-box.
beowulf573

Post by beowulf573 »

The Weekenders wrote: Interesting article in paper yesterday about how ABC abandoned The Drew Carey Show, which will end this season. Apparently, whoever championed the show at the outset no longer works for the network, so the current weasels are letting his show go gently in the night without hoopla.

Never watched it either but he seems like a funny guy.
I stopped following series a few years ago, not enough free time. However I did catch a couple episodes of Drew Carey and chuckled every time.

One that I saw ended as a tribute to the Burgess Meredith episode of the Twlight Zone where he was a bookworm who survived a nuclear holocaust and just as he sat down to read all of the books he's never had time for, he breaks his glasses.

Except in the Drew Carey version he was in a bomb shelter after the end of the world reading his entire collection of Playboy.

ahem, maybe you had to be there.

"It's not fair, it's not fair!"

Eddie
scottielvr

Post by scottielvr »

I wouldn't have known about the end of this show, had the "news" not appeared on the front page of my local so-called newspaper...with a big story in the features section about reactions by persons whose lives will be changed by the departure of this sitcom from their lives. Or something. I had thought I was surely the only human in America who had never seen this show until I read this thread. (That's one reason I love this board...it's often so, well....validating. :) ) While on this curmudgeonly riff I'll add that I've never seen Seinfeld, either; in fact, haven't watched a sitcom in a decade or more. It's mostly the laugh tracks, you see... I simply can't endure a laugh track. Especially when the lines aren't funny. End of grumble...
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

Lemme buy you a drink, Scottie. I never watched Seinfeld either. I actually tried about five minutes just because Michael Richards, the Kramer guy, was very funny years ago on a SNL rip-off called "Fridays."

But I couldn't stand the Princess or the Alexander guy...Seinfeld himself was completely de-constructed on an SNL skit where a comedian in a vest keeps asking; "Hey, I wanna know!"

Yeah, I'm a curmudgeon, too.
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
Chuck_Clark

Post by Chuck_Clark »

The Weekenders wrote:Lemme buy you a drink, Scottie. I never watched Seinfeld either.
Damn, Weekenders! You and me agreeing on something? Gleep!

I detested Seinfeld and I find the inescapabale reruns to be infinitely worse that an unanaesthetized root canal job.

I was hooked on Friends for the first few years, but grew increasingly unreceptive to the almost adolescent angst of an improbable group of now-thirty-somethings. Come to think of it, I think I outgrew sitcoms.

On Thursday early I 've started watching a Fox (Satan's Own Network)thing called "Tru Callings". It's probably best classed as a fantasy-drama, but the lead actress is easily worth an hour of watching a week.

I may watch Friends tomorrow night. And I may not.