2nd West Coast Chiff Gathering: JUNE 5

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
feadogin
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by feadogin »

Hi Y'all...

I'm in Ireland from June 8th to August 19th. (Actually right now I only have a ticket to Frankfurt, but I'm hoping to get a ticket from Frankfurt to Ireland cause it would be a shame to miss those classes I already paid for. :) )

If you have it when I am here I bet I can get some pipers to come. (They play whistle, too).

Justine
IDAwHOa
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

feadogin wrote:
If you have it when I am here I bet I can get some pipers to come. (They play whistle, too).

Justine
Sure, have them bring their recorders and bodhrans too! That'll liven up the discussions! :lol:
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
feadogin

Post by feadogin »

NorCalMusician wrote:[
Sure, have them bring their recorders and bodhrans too! That'll liven up the discussions! :lol:
Ok! I bet we can bring some spoons and bones, too. And I think some of them might have highland pipes. :twisted:

I bet Tony is saying to himself, "On second thought, we must have this party in mid-July!"

J.
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

You can bring extra pipers if somebody promises to bring accordions. Ill bring my banjo!!!! Yeeeehawww!
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
IDAwHOa
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

OK, how about a late August date. This seems to be the most clear time for everyone. June and early July are messed up. Anytime 7/17 and one seems to be fairly clear of schedule conflict though.

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
stiofan
Tell us something.: I've been a C&Fer since 2003. Currently playing wooden flute & (mainly low) whistles, along with the bowed dulcimer.

Post by stiofan »

Late August is fine with me, but if others decide it's better to have it in June or July, I can probably come any weekend but 6/19-20. How about Tony's preference (and his Mum's)? I'm looking forward to another gathering and seeing some of you live and in action again. I'll also announce it to the SF CCE group once we decide on a date.
bwilson

Post by bwilson »

feadogin wrote: If you have it when I am here I bet I can get some pipers to come. (They play whistle, too).
...or maybe even if you're not here. It might be kind of scary for me to meet all these
whistle players by myself, but depending on when/where you have this event, I might
be able to come. Are pipers invited?

--Bob
IDAwHOa

Post by IDAwHOa »

I don't have a problem with pipers. Maybe others do, but hey. I might even enjoy a chance to blow the thing up, I mean blow into the thing. :lol:

We don't have a date yet and it will be held in the East Bay where Tony's mom lives.

BoneQuint

Post by BoneQuint »

I'd like to come, but I'm not sure of my schedule yet, other than during large blocks of time in August I'm going to be elsewhereing. I'll follow along and let y'all know if whatever you pick works out for me.
feadogin

Post by feadogin »

bwilson wrote:...or maybe even if you're not here. It might be kind of scary for me to meet all these
whistle players by myself, but depending on when/where you have this event, I might
be able to come. Are pipers invited?

--Bob
Bob!!! You've emerged from the woodwork. :D And here I thought I could just sign you up for this without asking you. :twisted: Actually I thought this might be a good alternative to that other gathering we were talking about.

Later,

J.
Kar

Post by Kar »

Things have been hectic here, and I have no idea WHAT weekend I could make it....I do know that, for me, July 24/25 is out, as well as the SF Folk Fest (which is REALLY fun) June 26/27.

Other than that, I say plan around me and if I can make it, I will. Of course, I've been concentrating on the guitar and violin...but I still whistle!
Karina

Post by Karina »

I am toying with the idea of going, if the date works for me. June is better for me than July, and August is just plain out of the question (though July really is, for the most part, too). June 5th is looking good, if that isn't too terribly early for some of you. Anyway, just a thought. Life is crazy here, not sure if I will be able to make it, in any case.
Darwin

Post by Darwin »

I can handle August, too.

Weeks, do you really have a banjo? What kind? I'd like to try a tenor sometime.

I could bring my Taishogoto (sort of a cross between an Appalachian dulcimer and an old-timey typewriter).
Mike Wright

"When an idea is wanting, a word can always be found to take its place."
 --Goethe
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

Mike: Actually I have a 1900-era six-string Little Wonder Vega Banjo-guitar. Great for plunkin out hornpipes and singing raucous drinkin' songs.
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
jenaceae

Post by jenaceae »

I'd like to come too even though I can play all of 2 tunes at group speed. Maybe I can drag along my whistle teacher who is awesome. Anytime except the 1st week in august (Lark Camp).

I'd love to meet local whistle players ( although I might know a few of you already!)

Cheers

Jenn