Pictures, Pretty Please (mine, FINALLY!)

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
antstastegood
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by antstastegood »

My little collection.
Unreasonable person,
ants
|___|)____________O___O___O___o__O___O_____|
Jens_Hoppe

Post by Jens_Hoppe »

glauber wrote:We should have a contest: who has stuff that Jessie doesn't? I have a Water Weasel with the plumbing code in it! :D
Well, I have a PURPLE Overton low D! :D
pizak

Stuff no-one has

Post by pizak »

Here are some whistles that Jessie doesn't have :-)

From left, a homemade tuneable low G in copper, a homemade tuneable A in anodised aluminium, homemade high C in copper, homemade high D in copper, homemade tuneable high D in aluminium.

Paul
glauber

Re: Stuff no-one has

Post by glauber »

pizak wrote:From left, a homemade tuneable low G in copper, a homemade tuneable A in anodised aluminium, homemade high C in copper, homemade high D in copper, homemade tuneable high D in aluminium.
Very nice!
On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog!
--Wellsprings--
pizak

Thanks!

Post by pizak »

Glauber

Thanks!

I've always enjoyed doing things "end-to-end", like catching fish, cleaning, cooking and then eating them. So making my own whistles and playing them is one of the most fulfilling things in my life! I've always enjoyed making stuff, and when you make a whistle, and then play it, tinker with it, improve it, its great fun.

I've even had a couple of people ask me to make one having played them, so thats good too.

Paul
anticDevices

Re: Stuff no-one has

Post by anticDevices »

pizak wrote:From left, a homemade tuneable low G in copper, a homemade tuneable A in anodised aluminium, homemade high C in copper, homemade high D in copper, homemade tuneable high D in aluminium.
Paul - You're an inspiration.

Glauber - Your daughter is a total cutie, and the pair of you look great together.

- Patrick
"Mensch werden ist eine Kunst" - Novalis
to become a human being is art
NicoMoreno
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I just wanted to update my location... 100 characters is a lot and I don't really want to type so much just to edit my profile...

Post by NicoMoreno »

Montana

Post by Montana »

Glauber, cool! Nice ta see ya.
Do you ever have an image of what you think a radio announcer looks like; then when you see him, it's never what you expect? That's kind of the way it is on this board (although Jessie was not a surprise to me).
Of course on this board, you have even less to go on - not even the sound of a voice. Just a name, avatar, and personality through what they write.
Along with pictures of whistles, it's cool to see what people look like.
Although I do like your whistle setting, Ants. Gots kind of a Cliffs o' Moher feel...
emmline

Post by emmline »

Montana wrote: Gots kind of a Cliffs o' Moher feel...
I'd say more like Myst, or Riven.
Chuck_Clark

Post by Chuck_Clark »

Heck, I'm not even sure where all of mine are, much less able to take a nice picture of them.

The irony of this thread just floors me. A couple of years back, Jessie posted a similar picture and the negative comments of a few all but drove her from the board - now everyone is cool.

I swear I'll never uderstand you humans!
NicoMoreno
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I just wanted to update my location... 100 characters is a lot and I don't really want to type so much just to edit my profile...

Post by NicoMoreno »

is that what did it?

Wow...

I am frankly quite envious of Jessie, but that is ok. I am dealing with it! (One whistle/instrument at a time :lol: )
Chuck_Clark

Post by Chuck_Clark »

NicoMoreno wrote: I am frankly quite envious of Jessie, but that is ok. I am dealing with it! (One whistle/instrument at a time :lol: )
I'm not at all envious. At one time, I was buying a lot of whistles - and it didn't make me any better. Now I'm forcing myself to learn to play the ones I already have and I am getting slowly better. Easy choice, actually.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE collectors. As an antique dealer, collectors are my bread and butter. Believe me, our whistlesmith friends are NOT going to make a living off newbies buying ten buck Clarkes and seven buck Sweetones. If only good players bought middle-and-high-end whistles, or they only bought one each, we'd have nowhere near the great selection we have.

As far as I'm concerened, if you want a good whistle (or a hundred of them) and can do it without denying your children sustenace and medical care, go for it.

Now, can I interest you in some nice vintage glassware or costume jewelry?
emmline

Post by emmline »

Below, top to bottom:
Clarke original, Bernard Overton low D, Alba Bb, Burke NB D composite, Jerry-tweaked Shaw D, Abell blackwood C.
(Ok...the real reason I posted is to show off the wood and tile flooring I installed...one of many useful trade skills I've acquired in our 8+ year renovation.)

Post by Guest »

Montana wrote:Glauber, cool! Nice ta see ya.
Of course on this board, you have even less to go on - not even the sound of a voice. Just a name, avatar, and personality through what they write.
Along with pictures of whistles, it's cool to see what people look like.
Although I do like your whistle setting, Ants. Gots kind of a Cliffs o' Moher feel...
I agree and demand that everybody bare themselves!

Heres my pic

=^qp^=

see now you know a fox that plays the TW.
Will O'B
Location: The Other Side Of The Glen (i.e. A Long Way From Tipperary)

Post by Will O'B »

And I thought the Whistle Shop had a lot of whistles...

Will O'Ban
So long as men can breathe, or eyes can see,
So long lives this, and this gives life to thee.

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!