$5400 Raffle - What a great community! :)

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
IDAwHOa
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

Most of the whistles and makers can be looked up and searched for on this site.

The Tulley was addressed in an earlier message in this thread so it should come up in a search.

If there is anything in particular that catches your eye it would be best to ask about it specifically.
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

NorCalMusician wrote:Most of the whistles and makers can be looked up and searched for on this site.

The Tulley was addressed in an earlier message in this thread so it should come up in a search.
Yes, but spell it "Tully."

Ok, I had baby brain about how many days there are in April. The raffle drawing is tomorrow!!!
~JessieD
IDAwHOa
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

JessieK wrote:
NorCalMusician wrote:Most of the whistles and makers can be looked up and searched for on this site.

Yes, but spell it "Tully."
Oops, yes that does it. "Tully DOES bring up more than just this thread! :oops:

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
Bloomfield

Post by Bloomfield »

So, Jessie, how's this going to work? You'll notify the first lucky basmati, who then gets to pick, then the second lucky basmati, who then gets to pick, and so on down to the last lucky basmati? Won't that take forever and ever since you have to contact each LB and then each LB has to make up his LB-mind and email back to you before you can tell the next LB. I don't think I mind delay at all, but maybe I should be at my computer all day on the 1st of May, and so should everyone else...
/Bloomfield
Talbert St. Claire
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Halarious comment Bloomfield!

Post by Talbert St. Claire »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

P.S. I hope that you "WIN" man because you are definitely EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by Talbert St. Claire on Fri Apr 30, 2004 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you discover you have a "perfect" Low Whistle, don't sell it. Trust me, I know! If it's close to perfection, don't sell it. Trust me, I know! If you feel that it's difficult to adjust to but you still feel a deep connection to it, don't sell it. Just give it to me!!!
glauber
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by glauber »

I'd love to get a new toy, but i never win things, so i'm not getting excited yet. I'm glad i was able to help Jerry a little bit, and it was easier than packing my Shaw whistle and send it to him to tweak. :)

In the unlikely event i win something, i'm probably going to need Jessie's help to pick.

g
On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog!
--Wellsprings--
mamakash

Post by mamakash »

Bloomfield wrote:So, Jessie, how's this going to work? You'll notify the first lucky basmati, who then gets to pick, then the second lucky basmati, who then gets to pick, and so on down to the last lucky basmati? Won't that take forever and ever since you have to contact each LB and then each LB has to make up his LB-mind and email back to you before you can tell the next LB.
Jessie should pick all the winning tickts that day, writing them down in order of being drawn. Then contact winners. At least she won't have to draw tickets for a week. She should leave some alternates, as well, in case someone can't be contacted, doesn't want a prize, or doesn't want more than one prize.
I sing the birdie tune
It makes the birdies swoon
It sends them to the moon
Just like a big balloon
FJohnSharp
Tell us something.: I used to be a regular then I took up the bassoon. Bassoons don't have a lot of chiff. Not really, I have always been a drummer, and my C&F years were when I was a little tired of the drums. Now I'm back playing drums. I mist the C&F years, though.

Post by FJohnSharp »

She could draw the order all at once and post it. Then as winners choose, she could remove whistles from the list.
"Meon an phobail a thogail trid an chultur"
(The people’s spirit is raised through culture)

Suburban Symphony
Redwolf
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Redwolf »

mamakash wrote:
Bloomfield wrote:So, Jessie, how's this going to work? You'll notify the first lucky basmati, who then gets to pick, then the second lucky basmati, who then gets to pick, and so on down to the last lucky basmati? Won't that take forever and ever since you have to contact each LB and then each LB has to make up his LB-mind and email back to you before you can tell the next LB.
Jessie should pick all the winning tickts that day, writing them down in order of being drawn. Then contact winners. At least she won't have to draw tickets for a week. She should leave some alternates, as well, in case someone can't be contacted, doesn't want a prize, or doesn't want more than one prize.
That makes the most sense...especially as some of us won't be able to be on-line much on May 1. If she draws them and marks them in order, she can give each winner a set length of time to respond before passing the choice on to the next winner.

Redwolf
...agus déanfaidh mé do mholadh ar an gcruit a Dhia, a Dhia liom!
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

Redwolf wrote:
mamakash wrote:
That makes the most sense...especially as some of us won't be able to be on-line much on May 1. If she draws them and marks them in order, she can give each winner a set length of time to respond before passing the choice on to the next winner.

Redwolf
Yup, that's how I'll do it.
~JessieD
Bloomfield

Post by Bloomfield »

And in fact, people can submit choices right away, using alternative. Say your LB no. 2, you can submit a first-choice and a second-choice pick; If you're LB no. 15, you submit 15 ranked choices, or as many choices as LBs ahead of you haven't made up their LB-minds.
/Bloomfield
xcaliburgirl

Post by xcaliburgirl »

Bloomfield wrote:And in fact, people can submit choices right away, using alternative. Say your LB no. 2, you can submit a first-choice and a second-choice pick; If you're LB no. 15, you submit 15 ranked choices, or as many choices as LBs ahead of you haven't made up their LB-minds.
Wouldn't that take the trouble off the shoulders of the LBs and put it on Jessie's?
"If music be the food of love, play on." -- Shakespeare's "Twelfth Night"
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

Would you guys please stop using my initials?? Your jinxin' my chances!
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

Good ideas! Thanks, guys.

:)
~JessieD
IDAwHOa

Post by IDAwHOa »

The Weekenders wrote:Would you guys please stop using my initials?? Your jinxin' my chances!
I think he is trying to divert us from the fact that he REALY means "Lucky Bloomfield" and is trying to affect Jessie's choices subconsciencely.

Nice Try Bloom.