how do ya quote others???

You can come in here and play around until you get the hang of forum posts. It's unlikely you'll be yelled at.
rama
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: flute itm flute, interested in the flute forum for discussions and the instrument exchange forum to buy and sell flutes

how do ya quote others???

Post by rama »

this is a test
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Re: how do ya quote others???

Post by Nanohedron »

rama wrote:this is a test
Just like that. :D

On the upper right of your post box is a little cartouche with the word "quote" in it. I left-clicked it, and a reply/post composition box page with your post already in it opened up. I set the cursor at the ending bracket of the quote, hit "enter" twice to set my reply at a remove from your quote, clicked "preview" for typos, clicked "submit", and presto! A reply with quote inserted. Hope that helps.
rama
Tell us something.: flute itm flute, interested in the flute forum for discussions and the instrument exchange forum to buy and sell flutes

Post by rama »

Nanohedron wrote:

On the upper right of your post box is a little cartouche with the word "quote" in it. I left-clicked it, and a reply/post composition box page with your post already in it opened up. I set the cursor at the ending bracket of the quote, hit "enter" twice to set my reply at a remove from your quote, clicked "preview" for typos, clicked "submit", and presto! A reply with quote inserted. Hope that helps.
testing your advice
rama

Post by rama »

thanks nano!

Post by Guest »

[quote="rama"]this is a test

here goes

Post by Guest »

here goes again

Post by Guest »

rama wrote:
Nanohedron wrote:

testing your advice
result
rop00000

Post by rop00000 »

[quote="rama"][quote="Nanohedron"][quote="rama"]this is a test[/quote]

On the upper right of your post box is a little cartouche with the word "quote" in it. I left-clicked it, and a reply/post composition box page with your post already in it opened up. I set the cursor at the ending bracket of the quote, hit "enter" twice to set my reply at a remove from your quote, clicked "preview" for typos, clicked "submit", and presto! A reply with quote inserted. Hope that helps.[/quote]

testing your advice[/quote]
hi
dgsajdmsjdd :boggle: :boggle: :boggle: :boggle:
amar
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

rama wrote:thanks nano!
hey, you are sooo backwards...;)
Denny

Post by Denny »

amar wrote:
rama wrote:thanks nano!
hey, you are sooo backwards...;)
rama wrote:!onan sknaht
that's backwards...
:wink:
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

You don't have to use the little cartouche. Or, you can quote a whole post using the cartouche and then break it up into smaller quotes using Lambchop's Method.

You only have to insert tags before and after your text to make it appear in quotes.

[quote]Put your quote here. [/quote]

[quote="Lambchop"]To get a quote with Lambchop's name on it.[/quote]

[b]bold[/b]
[i]italics[/i]
[img]URL for a picture[/img]
Cynth
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Cynth »

I've never used the cartouche. I would never have know to call it a cartouche. In fact, I had a heck of a time figuring out what the cartouche was. But I'm going to try it and see if it will save some time. I normally use the Lamby method, I think. I find those nested quotes to be very hard to do. I think there is no trick to it, but you have to think very hard.
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
Denny

Post by Denny »

all right: back on topic: how do ya quote others???
no one wrote:usually out of context, whenever possible!
Denny

Post by Denny »

Lambchop wrote:You don't have to use the little cartouche.
us computer geeks just call it a button...

yall kinda highbrow there Lamby
:D
Cynth
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Cynth »

Denny wrote:
Lambchop wrote:You don't have to use the little cartouche.
us computer geeks just call it a button...

yall kinda highbrow there Lamby
:D
Dang, am I glad I came here today. I just used the little cartouche and you can't imagine how much easier it made doing those nested quotes. Why I didn't have to do a thing! I think Nano started the cartouche thing. He is very highbrow. And Lamby is highbrow too. If that is good. :lol: Or not, if it is bad.
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca