One day and a wake up

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Blackbeer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

One day and a wake up

Post by Blackbeer »

Well here I am one day away from leaving for Alaska and still I have 3 days of work to get the house ready and me packed. What a struggle. How can I collect so much worthless stuff. Magor dump run today. My new baroque flute (number 13 on Luc`s web site) is on its way from Brussels to my address in Alaska. I can hardly wait. Also in the works is my dream flute. But I`ll wait until things are firmed up a bit to say anymore about that. So..... anybody know about the music scene in Ketchican Alaska? I am still trying to figure out how to pack all my flutes. Where did all these buggers come from. :D There is a down side to being a "flute wore". Not to mention a garden of whistles. God I must be out of my mind. My beautiful Morgan, Molly is at a friends ranch with, I am reluctant to say, instructions to sell her. I will be needing a bigger more powerful horse when I get back and start doing the cowboy thing. Hank the wounder dog will be staying at a friends house till I get back. We have to have a Husky with us at all times while I drive the teams up north so I can`t bring him with me. I will miss him to death. I traded my super flight sim computer for a laptop so as soon as I get settled up there I will check back in and let you know whats happening. Eric, now that you have that new whistle, if you want, you can send me that crummy old flute of yours. :) Well this house isn`t going to clean itself, nore is that mountain of horse dropping in the back going to dispers itself, so, on with the work clothes and to it. Talk to you all later.

Tom
JessieK
antispam: No

Post by JessieK »

Tom, how long will you be in Alaska? Is it a vacation? Sorry...I've missed stuff lately around here, but I would love to know.

:)
~JessieD
Blackbeer

Post by Blackbeer »

Jeez Jessie. how are you feeling? I hope a little better. I will be working up there. Driving horse drawn trollies. I wil be working with 14 Belgian Draft horses driving through the streets of Ketchican. Should be interesting. There is a tour guide riding with me so all I will have to do is consintrate on the horses, and traffic, and drunks and what not. I`ll be there until some time in September as far as I know, then I will put together a camper and horse trailer and be off to where the work is. A woundering flute playing cowboy. :boggle: What a picture. Take care of yourself and that young un and I will get back to you soon.

Tom
Steven

Post by Steven »

Best of luck Tom! And I hope we still hear from you while you're up in the far north. Sounds like you're going to have a pretty good time up there.

:-)
Steven
Cathy Wilde
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Cathy Wilde »

Best of luck to you, Tom, and be sure to write when you can. I'll miss you! Also, I can't see a wandering cowboy without a harmonica .... is there a chiffsite analog for those things?

Piece of advice: just take the muck tub & fork right on into the house when you've finished the barn, and then start shoveling again. ;-)

cat.
Deja Fu: The sense that somewhere, somehow, you've been kicked in the head exactly like this before.
chas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

All the best Tom. Be sure to visit the Chiffboard now and then to give us updates on your flutes and your life, philosophy, etc. Your posts really brighten up my days.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
Jayhawk
Tell us something.: Well, just trying to update my avatar after a decade. Hope this counts! Ok, so apparently I must babble on longer.

Post by Jayhawk »

Good luck on your summer adventure Tom. I'm sure Hank will miss you as much as you miss him...just imagine how excited he will be to see you when you get back. As for the Molly situation, that has got to be heart breaking...but if you need a more powerful and larger horse, what other options do you really have (unless you're rich of course which opens a few more options)?

I hate to be mean, but no, you can't have my flutes, either of them. Yep, I really like my new Oak, but I'm still primarily a flute guy...

If you're taking a lap top, I hope you can find somewhere to plug in and drop by sometimes.

On unrelated horsie topics...our little paint has turned out to quite the competitive girl. When riding with others, if someone else speeds up, her ears go back, her head leans forwards, and she tries to kick it into high gear - you really have to reign her in! Apparently it's genetics at work, because one of her siblings is supposedly a very good barrel racer (I'm not real familiar with the sport and may well have the name wrong).

Take care,

Eric
Loren
Tell us something.: You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

Don't forget your long johns and mosquito spray dude.

Have a safe trip, and make sure to get a window seat for the plane ride in.

Loren
eilam

Post by eilam »

Tom - I'll miss you here on the "Fish&chips"
(that's what Andrew call's this place).
eilam.
Blackbeer

Post by Blackbeer »

Well I hope to get back on the net when I get up there. I think they have access. Anyway my old laptop is packed with my flutes just in case. And Loren, I don`t fly comercial, not since I got my pilots license back in the seventies. I am going by boat with the horses. Should be a great trip. I have made it many times before in my own little sail boat but this will be the first time by cruise boat. It will be nice being able to look at the sights rather then the wind on the water and curents and tides and charts and all that sailing stuff. Talk to you all in a week or so.......

Tom
AaronMalcomb

Post by AaronMalcomb »

You'll have to me tell me more about the Belgians, Tom. My step-father has two Belgians that pull a coach he drives in some parades. He'll be doing some work in Haines this summer (non-horse related) and would probably like to check that out. I'm sure he'll be passing through Ketchican. PM me.

Cheers,
Aaron
Whistlin'Dixie

Post by Whistlin'Dixie »

Tom!
Have a safe journey! I'll be waiting to hear from you, too.
Enjoy the cruise, and hope you pack your rain-gear 8)

Mary