Patrons

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Tony
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I used to play pipes about 20 years ago and suddenly abducted by aliens.
Not sure why... but it's 2022 and I'm mysteriously baack...

Post by Tony »

Good.
However, I don't read the newsletter... does this exempt me?
Montana
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Montana »

Count me in! I already support NPR; NPCF (National Public Chiff and Fipple) is much more focused on my needs as a whistle maven. :P

If names are not included in the newsletter or somewhere (which is fine with me if they're not), I still think you need to indicate a count during your pledge month. Sometimes people will tend to let pledging slide if they think enough people are covering for them. In which case, you may only get 20% (if that) of the members pledging (there's some statistic that says only 20% of the members of any organization tend to do 99% of the work of that organization; I think that percentage is decreasing each generation). However if there's an update midmonth saying "Only 11 members have become patrons", then people become concerned and become active.
LeeMarsh

Post by LeeMarsh »

Count me in,
I'd be glad to be a sponsor especially at such a resonable price.

Where else can a spend so many words about the fact that music is more than words :roll:
Enjoy Your Music,
Lee Marsh
From Odenton, MD.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Count me in too, Dale. I'm with Vomitbunny about a Paypal option.

-Paul
Rando7

Post by Rando7 »

If we sign up as a patron, can we be patronizing to Dale?
Lizzie

Post by Lizzie »

Me too..grand idea!

Liz
Will O'B
Location: The Other Side Of The Glen (i.e. A Long Way From Tipperary)

Post by Will O'B »

I like it. Does this mean we all get C&F t-shirts? :)

Will O'Ban
So long as men can breathe, or eyes can see,
So long lives this, and this gives life to thee.

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

I'm in with the Canadian peso!

MarkB
Everybody has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
FJohnSharp
Tell us something.: I used to be a regular then I took up the bassoon. Bassoons don't have a lot of chiff. Not really, I have always been a drummer, and my C&F years were when I was a little tired of the drums. Now I'm back playing drums. I mist the C&F years, though.

Post by FJohnSharp »

[quote="StevenA dollar to start the post, two bucks for the first reply, three for the second reply, etc. That'll help keep 'em short!

:-)
Steven[/quote]

The Cutie Pie thread would be up to $1,241,100 for the next to post.
"Meon an phobail a thogail trid an chultur"
(The people’s spirit is raised through culture)

Suburban Symphony
Steven

Post by Steven »

FJohnSharp wrote:[quote="StevenA dollar to start the post, two bucks for the first reply, three for the second reply, etc. That'll help keep 'em short!

Steven
The Cutie Pie thread would be up to $1,241,100 for the next to post.[/quote]
OK, it's really scary that you calculated that. Even scarier that it took you over a week to do it! Y'know, you coulda used a calculator or something....

:boggle:
Steven
Jane

Post by Jane »

Looking forward to paying for the priviledge of lurking here.
Chuck_Clark

Post by Chuck_Clark »

Count me in. As others have already said, I would prefer an annual donation to monthly bits and I don't really care about a patrons listing. It'll have to be a check,though. How much and where?
FJohnSharp
Tell us something.: I used to be a regular then I took up the bassoon. Bassoons don't have a lot of chiff. Not really, I have always been a drummer, and my C&F years were when I was a little tired of the drums. Now I'm back playing drums. I mist the C&F years, though.

Post by FJohnSharp »

Steven wrote: OK, it's really scary that you calculated that. Even scarier that it took you over a week to do it! Y'know, you coulda used a calculator or something....

Steven
It turns out I missed the whole damn thread the first time around. I used an Excel worksheet to do the calc. It was easy. Plus I was avoiding doing work.
"Meon an phobail a thogail trid an chultur"
(The people’s spirit is raised through culture)

Suburban Symphony
TomB

Post by TomB »

Steven wrote:
FJohnSharp wrote:[quote="StevenA dollar to start the post, two bucks for the first reply, three for the second reply, etc. That'll help keep 'em short!

Steven
The Cutie Pie thread would be up to $1,241,100 for the next to post.
OK, it's really scary that you calculated that. Even scarier that it took you over a week to do it! Y'know, you coulda used a calculator or something....

Steven[/quote]

OK, all you math wizards, never mind the calculator, (too easy for fingers to slip), there has got to be some forumla for easily figuring that out, no? I realize it's already been totaled, but being the math phobic that I am, I'm interested in learning a better way to do this type of things.

All the Best, Tom
"Consult the Book of Armaments"
dbcollies

Post by dbcollies »

TomB wrote:
Steven wrote:
FJohnSharp wrote:
OK, all you math wizards, never mind the calculator, (too easy for fingers to slip), there has got to be some forumla for easily figuring that out, no? I realize it's already been totaled, but being the math phobic that I am, I'm interested in learning a better way to do this type of things.

All the Best, Tom
Unless I'm missing something obvious, isn't it just "number_of_current_messages" + 1?

Unless you meant the total income to the board, rather than the cost of each message? In which case it would be:

(number_of_posts + 1) x ( number of posts / 2)

So 4 posts would be (4+1) x (4/2) = 5 x 2 = 10 = 1+2+3+4

7 posts would be (7+1) x (7/2) = 8 x 3.5 = 28 = 1+2+3+4+5+6+7

(Talk about being a geek! :party: I only know this because of a (probably apocryphal) story about a mathemetician [Gauss, I think]. The story goes that, as a child, his teacher couldn't keep him occupied. So he was told to add up the numbers from 1 to 100, just to keep him buzy. He came up with the answer in seconds, because he realized that any series like this can be caculated by adding the first and last numbers, and then multiplying by 1/2 of the number of numbers in the series. So 1+2+...+100 is the same as 101 x 50. It's because when you add the end two numbers, you get 101. Take the next two numbers from the end, and you ALSO get 101, etc, etc, etc. There are 50 such pairs.)

This concudes your number theory lesson for the day. We now return you to your regularly scheduled forum, already in progress.
Last edited by dbcollies on Thu Apr 22, 2004 1:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dwayne Bailey
Itinerant hacker and actor