Hello!

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
galadriel77
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Hello!

Post by galadriel77 »

Hi all! I just came over here from Praise Whistlers Abroad, thought I'd see what C&F was all about! My name is Lisa, I've been whistling since January, and I have tons to learn! I'm sure you guys will be a great inspiration. :D Looking forward to chatting!
Snuh

Post by Snuh »

Welcome aboard! Always glad to have new people around. Hope you have a good time and learn lots! This is a great group of people to learn from, or even just chat with.

A.J.
DebbieM
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by DebbieM »

Welcome, Lisa! :party: This is where most of the PWA members learn what they know -- you'll recognize a lot of the same people here. There's an incredible amount of info in the forums, and on the main site. Anything not listed, can be asked -- there is a wealth of experience and knowledge amongst the members. And a lot of fun OT's.

Debbie
blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

Welcome, Lisa!
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which is least known--Montaigne

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato
jkrazy52

Post by jkrazy52 »

Hi Lisa-

From one 'newbie' to another, welcome! You'll find more information here than you could imagine -- some of it is even helpful. :)

Enjoy!

~Judy
Moxie

Post by Moxie »

jkrazy52 wrote:From one 'newbie' to another, welcome! ... ~Judy
And yet nother newbie (me) says hullo and welcome to ya! :)
I just joined both boards.

mox~
When you least expect it.... <i>expect it.</i>
http://clik.to/mmmmoxie
antstastegood

Post by antstastegood »

Hi Lisa!
Unreasonable person,
ants
|___|)____________O___O___O___o__O___O_____|
franfriel

Post by franfriel »

Welcome!

Newbie number 3 sending you a big Hello! You'll find great folks, great info and a lot of good natured banter here.

Fran
8)
An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth creates a world that is blind and toothless - Ghandi

I suspect blind and toothless may not be optimum for good whistle playing...but then again...
amar
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

WELCOME
IDAwHOa
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

franfriel wrote:Welcome!

Newbie number 3 sending you a big Hello! You'll find great folks, great info and a lot of good natured banter here.

Fran
8)
Hello Lisa, welcome.

Fran, your avatar puts interesting thoughts into my head about how that cat got that do!
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
franfriel

Post by franfriel »

Steven,

You may wish to check out the following exchange between Miss Kitty and Natasha for a "fascinating" insight into the subject of "the do". Take your meds first. :wink:

http://chiffboard.mati.ca/viewtopic.php ... &start=135

If the link doesn't work, try page 10 of the Musical Snobbery thread.

Now, Steven, do lizards have do's and you just can't see them?

Fran
Natasha's Shrink
An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth creates a world that is blind and toothless - Ghandi

I suspect blind and toothless may not be optimum for good whistle playing...but then again...
IDAwHOa
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

franfriel wrote:Steven,

You may wish to check out the following exchange between Miss Kitty and Natasha for a "fascinating" insight into the subject of "the do". Take your meds first. :wink:

http://chiffboard.mati.ca/viewtopic.php ... &start=135

If the link doesn't work, try page 10 of the Musical Snobbery thread.

Now, Steven, do lizards have do's and you just can't see them?

Fran
Natasha's Shrink
Interesting discussion to say the least (not sure I would want to say more). In your post you mention that it was your WHISTLE that promoted "Nat's" unique do condition. I was of the mind (wishing and hoping actually) that it may have been more in the line of the ELECTRIFICATION aspect of your discussion. :boggle: I don't do cats, by the way.

Regarding my reptiles. They are just so cute the way they are that they see no reason to try to cover up anything with the likes of any sort of makeup or do. :D
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
franfriel

Post by franfriel »

Well Steven, I wish I could say that my whistle playing was ELECTRIFYING but it just ain't so. Maybe someday.

As for cats, they're really nice people once you get to know them. I'm actually a dog gal but my husband loves cats - hence 1 dog and 2 cats. I find that the saying, "Dog's have owners but cat's have staff" is really quite true. I am definitely staff.

As for reptiles and their no make-up and no "do" policy, that just says to me that they're a bunch of naked exhibitonists. Must be that Norhern California thing. :wink: At least get the poor things a little sunblock to help out with the whole wrinkle issue.

I think I will start a fund for reptile rights. Maybe they're cold with all that nudity. Reptile sweaters...now you must have some of those in California. Argile? Cashmere? Natasha says she wants one, too.

I warned you to take the meds first. :boggle:

Fran

anticDevices

Hairy Leo

Post by anticDevices »

Hairy lizards look silly...

"Mensch werden ist eine Kunst" - Novalis
to become a human being is art
glauber

Post by glauber »

Hi Lisa!

be careful, lots of crazies here, especially that ants guy. :D
On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog!
--Wellsprings--