Sindt Whistles - How to et One

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Lupatis-Philologus
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Sindt Whistles - How to et One

Post by Lupatis-Philologus »

Hi Folks,

Firslty, well done on this website - it's a breath of fresh air :)

My Question is .. Where can you order a Sindt D - is there anywhere to order online?

Again congrats on the site ;)

Lupy
glauber

Post by glauber »

I don't think you can order them online. I think you have to contact John Sindt and arrange it. There's some contact information here:
http://www.chiffandfipple.com/sindt.html
On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog!
--Wellsprings--
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Hey, Lupy. Welcome.

Allow me to be the first to slag you: when I saw the thread's title, I thought that polite society would urge that you use a knife and fork. :wink:
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

Hi Lupy,
Welcome to the board. :)

Probably your best chance of getting a Sindt on line is to buy one on this site when it gets advertised. I've bought a D direct from John but have managed to pick up Eb, D, C, and a Bb/A combo here. I would have payed close to the new price for each (I don't remember now but I do know that noone asked for an excessive amount) but didn't have to wait for the 8 months or so that you have to wait for a new one. They were all beautiful whistles that suit me just fine and I have always been treated very well by people selling here. Ds appear more frequently than others but you do have to be quick because they are rather popular whistles.
Bloomfield
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Bloomfield »

I believe it's sindtwhistles@aol.com , but I'd have to look it up to be sure.
/Bloomfield
slowair

Post by slowair »

The email address that I've always used is:

agesmay@aol.com

Good luck.

Mike
kevin m.

Post by kevin m. »

The address that Slowair's given is the one that I've always used.
Last I heard,the wait for a newly ordered whistle from John was eight-nine months (worth the wait!).
"I blame it on those Lead Fipples y'know."
Lupatis-Philologus

Post by Lupatis-Philologus »

Hi Folks,

Nanohedron; Thanks for being the first to slag me - I feel part of the website now :D Must have been a fraudian slip - I do eat fipples and am always in trouble from other whistlers for chewing them :(

Thanks to all for the welcome and information. I'v Emailed John at the various addresses given so will hopefully get a lead.

OK nuther question, Where is the best place to advertise whistles - I have a brand new Low D (Shaw) that I can not stretch my fingers to (even with the help of springs between me fingers)

Thanks again all, and many greetings from Scotland.

Lupy
glauber

Post by glauber »

You can advertise your Shaw here, if you want. Read the top message in the board, the one about commercial use. This would be covered under #2 in that message.
On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog!
--Wellsprings--
blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

slowair wrote:The email address that I've always used is:

agesmay@aol.com

Good luck.

Mike
That's the most recent one I have.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which is least known--Montaigne

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato
andreaz54

Post by andreaz54 »

I ordered a Sindt in Soprano E like one year and four months ago and haven't heard hide nor hair about it since. I have even emailed them to see if somehow they lost my order. No reply. Very hard people to get ahold of. Maybe I should actually call them on the phone.

There is no arguing that they are awesome whistles tho. My Eb is my favorite bar none.

Good luck in your search!
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

andreaz54 wrote:I ordered a Sindt in Soprano E like one year and four months ago and haven't heard hide nor hair about it since. I have even emailed them to see if somehow they lost my order. No reply. Very hard people to get ahold of. Maybe I should actually call them on the phone.

There is no arguing that they are awesome whistles tho. My Eb is my favorite bar none.

Good luck in your search!
Andrea, I believe your experience is quite common although they did reply when I ordered. To the best of my knowledge, it's quite common for whistles to just arrive with an invoice at around the time you were expecting them.
jonharl

Post by jonharl »

I've called several times and Ann Sindt is always very nice. I've never spoken to John as Ann handles all the paperwork. He works another job that is quite demanding so he makes the whistles in order, a few at a time. Wombat's right, they just show up with an invoice. If you need to verify your order I'd call Ann. Good luck. :)
Parcour25

Post by Parcour25 »

Thanks for mentioning this. I have had several instruments on order with them - approaching their typical lead time of nine months now, but I do have a new address. So, I just emailed an update. That is a scary business practice, that of just shipping them out with an invoice so far after the point of order. A procedure they never told me about! I would have assumed or expected an email or a phone call in advance. :boggle:

(hoping for a happy ending).
Tryst me. I am, yours truly......

Parcour v. D'Chasse, Esq.

Save the trees,..... not the Bush....
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

Parcour25 wrote:Thanks for mentioning this. I have had several instruments on order with them - approaching their typical lead time of nine months now, but I do have a new address. So, I just emailed an update. That is a scary business practice, that of just shipping them out with an invoice so far after the point of order. A procedure they never told me about! I would have assumed or expected an email or a phone call in advance. :boggle:

(hoping for a happy ending).
It is odd. But the upside is that you don't get charged in advance. As far as I know, you can simply return it if you don't want it. I wonder how many people did that because they didn't realise their order had been processed and simply bought another whistle. Of course it's no probelm for him if that happens; he'll just send it to the next in line.