Your thoughts and prayers ...

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Jerry Freeman
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Jerry Freeman »

Again, thanks, everyone, for your continuing good thoughts and prayers and support. You're a godsend.

It looks like we're headed for Boston on Sunday, now. Arleen's symptoms have continued to worsen, and she's arranged an appointment with the heart surgeon Monday afternoon. We talked to her cardiologist in Syracuse, who had her get her pulseox checked and lungs listened to. Oxygen saturation is fine, and there's no fluid in her lungs, so he's not worried and says she's safe to travel to Boston.

I'm scrambling to get a few last minute things done before we go. It remains to be seen whether the surgeon will want to admit her and go ahead immediately with the operation or stick to the May 9 (already moved up from the original May 17) date. We'll be visiting a friend in Boston, where I'll be able to go online, stay in touch and keep various things going.

With my heartfelt best wishes,
Jerry
boomerang
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by boomerang »

may gods grace keep you both strong and focused during this difficult time,
my thoughts and prayers are with you both
now more then ever love, laugh and dont let things get you down,
live for today and let tomorrow bring what it will,
i know you will both cope the best way you can,
hang in there.

regards
David
Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level then beat you with experience!!
adriancarrington

Post by adriancarrington »

Jerry and Arleen,

May God bless you both at this challenging time. The response to your plight within this community has been remarkable, and I am sure entirely deserved.
I wish you both a long and happy future together. Your love and humanity, and that of your friends here, is an absolute inspiration.

All the very best to you, Adrian.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Very sorry to hear about Arleen's worsening condition.
Travel safely.
May you get good news. OR if the operation is pushed up, here's hoping for a quick recovery. Keep us posted.
anniemcu
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Healing energy your way...

Post by anniemcu »

I know that the focus of prayers and healing thoughts can do wonders... consider yourelves the target of much good energy for the duration... this might be a good time to take up transendental meditation, LOL... really!

It's amazing how life becomes such an "adventure", isn't it?

Here's to her health, your health and a swift and amazing recovery!

Peace and Patience
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
Jerry Freeman

Re: Healing energy your way...

Post by Jerry Freeman »

anniemcu wrote:I know that the focus of prayers and healing thoughts can do wonders... consider yourelves the target of much good energy for the duration... this might be a good time to take up transendental meditation, LOL... really!

It's amazing how life becomes such an "adventure", isn't it?

Here's to her health, your health and a swift and amazing recovery!

Peace and Patience
Thanks, Annie.

I'm certain the prayers and healing thoughts are having an effect.

The handyman started working yesterday (see above), and I discovered he can do almost every task I've normally had to do myself because of the skills required. We went through three of the four trailers today and made lists of everything he can do while Arleen and I am away. This is work that's been abandoned for many months because I couldn't find a reliable worker. You can't imagine how much trouble this has been in the past. Getting one or two of the trailers done and sold soon will clear out a lot of old work that was hanging and help me keep my head above water.

This is only one example, but this man appeared out of the blue and was obviously an answer to prayers. Now while I'm gone with Arleen in Boston, my business will be going ahead, rather than being shut down. We just have to hope and pray that Gary is able to stick around and do enough to really make a difference. When the weather gets warmer, he'll return to the framing carpentry he does every year. He may or may not do some moonlighting helping me during that time, and he may or may not work with me over the next winter when the carpentry work stops again. We'll have to see. But for now, his showing up has taken a tremendous load off.

Arleen is OK. She's comfortable most of the time if she rests in bed and doesn't try to do much. The cardiologist checked her yesterday and assured us that she's safe for the time being, and he's given his blessings for the ride to Boston tomorrow.

Again, my heartfelt thanks for all everyone is doing. It's working.

Best wishes,
Jerry
spittin_in_the_wind

Post by spittin_in_the_wind »

Best of luck, Jerry, I hope everything goes well.

Robin
jim_mc
Tell us something.: I'm a New York native who gradually slid west and landed in the Phoenix area. I like riding on the back seat of a tandem bicycle. I like dogs and have three of them. I am a sometime actor and an all the time teacher, husband, and dad.

Post by jim_mc »

My thoughts and prayers are with you and Arleen, Jerry.

Jim
Say it loud: B flat and be proud!
PhilO

Post by PhilO »

Jerry - May we add our prayers and thoughts and music to the growing mountain of support.

Best,

PhilO
"This is this; this ain't something else. This is this." - Robert DeNiro, "The Deer Hunter," 1978.
WhistlingGypsy

Post by WhistlingGypsy »

Jerry,

Yourself, Arleen and your family have been added to my prayer list. Best of Luck!

Gerry
Zubivka

Post by Zubivka »

Worsening condition just proves the surgery has to be done.

You and your kin are with my thoughts.

I wish we could buy your current problem out as easy as a wart--it works, you know?

Now... wait, isn't it what we're all about to do? ;)
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

I'm sorry to hear of the increased urgency, Jerry. My thoughts are with you and Arleen through this difficult time.
Jerry Freeman

Post by Jerry Freeman »

Again, Thanks everyone for your continuing thoughts, prayers and support. Jessie! Congratulations!

We're in Boston. Arleen will be admitted tomorrow morning, scheduled for surgery Thursday morning. Everything's going extremely smoothly, (except that Arleen has to have heart surgery), logistics of where I can sleep while she's in hospital, where she can stay for a couple of days and rest up before the drive back to Orwell, who's taking care of the children while she recovers, etc. are all falling into place as if someone had made a wish and it all got taken care of magically. This experience is taking the edge off my cynicism about politics, world peace, corporate greed, etc. I'm astonished at the spontaneous kindness and generosity of many people, both known and 'til now, strangers. It's clear, there's something good at the heart of humanity.

Arleen's feeling much better than she did during the leadup to the trip here. She's upset that she feels pretty much OK, but has to go for open heart surgery in less than 48 hours. The surgeon is Dr. Lawrence H. Cohn, a Harvard professor of cardiac surgery, Chief of Cardiac Surgery at Brigham and Women's Hospital, who specializes in valve repair. This is pretty much all he does, and he's done several thousand. We feel very confident and secure in his care (as much as you could feel confident and secure under the circumstances).

Have to go.

I'm at the library and my times up.

Love to you all,
Jerry and Arleen
Sunnywindo

Post by Sunnywindo »

Joining the thread late, but adding our prayers and thoughts and hoping the very best outcome for you all.

- Sara
'I wish it need not have happend in my time,' said Frodo.
'So do I,' said Gandalf, 'and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.'

-LOTR-
RonKiley

Post by RonKiley »

You are in our thoughts and prayers. I will add your names to our prayer roll tomorrow. You will be prayed for 26 times a day for the next 2 weeks. I know how your wife feels and my wife knows how you feel. Things will be looking up real soon. The best to your whole family.

Ron