Endless energy, unified field theory and proof of God

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Rod Sprague
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Endless energy, unified field theory and proof of God

Post by Rod Sprague »

I thought I would share on this forum what I shared with my friends on the Fusor forum. (A fusor is a type of fusion reactor that has yet to break even, but that makes a good garage neutron source!)

I believe I have figured out a truly endless supply of energy, a possible start on a grand unified field theory and a proof of the existence of God.

When I was in high school, I realized Brownian motion could do work, as particles denser than the surrounding fluid could diffuse upward, against gravity. If Brownian motion can do work on the macroscopic level, I realized it might be possible to tap energy from it at the level of the individual particles. I thought perhaps minute magnets could be suspended in a working fluid in minute coils connected to minute full wave rectifiers. In collage, I realized such small rectifiers would probably be rectifying their own thermal noise, and would probably be doing more of the converting of heat into useful energy than the magnets and coils. I realized that to solve all our energy problems, we would simply figure out how to make and connect enough truly minute diodes together!

One structure for them I’ve come up with would be to layer three elements in layers one atom thick in the proper sequence to form diodes. One set of candidate elements would be boron, carbon, and nitrogen. A layer of carbon one atom thick would be laid down first. Next would be boron and then nitrogen. Next, would be a new layer of carbon, perhaps followed by another layer of boron then nitrogen, then carbon, again, etc., to form as many layers as needed. The consecutive nitrogen and boron layers would form a diode only two atoms thick, more than thin enough to rectify the thermal noise, the entropy within the diode. The carbon layers would simply keep the consecutive diodes discrete from each other. Likely having a diamond crystalline structure and being both a nitride and carbide of boron, it should be a rather rugged material.

If this, or some other molecular structure can be arranged that converts entropy into direct current or other useful energy, we would have no more energy problems as we could indefinitely recycle waste heat, rather than have to depend on inefficient energy gradients that only give us one shot energy output. I call the diodes entropovoltaic rectifiers.

In situations where you need more energy than the ambient temperature can provide, such as propelling a spaceship too far away from a sun to intercept meaningful amounts of energy, fusion could be used as the energy source, as entropovoltaics make ideal components in a fusion system. With the ability to recycle energy indefinitely, achieving breakeven is no longer as big an issue as simply getting enough nuclei to fuse to put out useful energy in the first place.

Another use of entropovoltaics is as a form of refrigeration. In converting entropy into energy that is sent elsewhere, the diodes will become cooler! I have many other ideas, but perhaps I can save them for the future.

My possible basis for a grand unified field theory started when I saw a Scientific American article about the possibility of variable gravity when I was in junior high. I didn’t read the article to find out what it was really about, but it got me thinking about if gravity might be variable throughout the entire cosmos, that what happens in one part of the cosmos influences the strength of gravity in other parts of it.

I came up with a thought experiment. Imagine you had a machine that was 100% efficient at converting mass into energy and another machine 100% efficient at converting it back to mass and a 100% efficient way of sending the energy from the first machine to the second. Imagine the first machine is set below the second machine in a gravity well. Mass is fed into the first machine, turned to energy and sent up to the second machine. The energy is converted back to mass and then drops back down to the first machine. Where did the energy of the mass falling come from? I realized you don’t have a perpetual motion machine, because the energy of the mass falling subtracts that much potential energy from all mass in the cosmos, so gravity is reduced by a minute amount across the entire cosmos. Conversely, any mass being lifted up a gravity gradient strengthens the attractive force of gravity everywhere in the cosmos. I realized this could apply to any of the other fundamental forces in our cosmos.

If all fundamental forces change in strength as the sum of all work done against and by them, then all things in the cosmos are instantaneously connected. If gravity is related to time and each of the other forces is related to each of the spatial dimensions, we could view matter as an interference pattern where the speed of light is the limiting factor inherent in the interference pattern, but the actual waves are of infinite velocity. Such an interference pattern could also be thought of as a hologram. Also, as the cosmos can be thought of as three spatial dimensions stretched over a four-dimensional sphere, we need yet another force for that fourth dimension.

With the forces being variable over time and at least gravity being strengthened by work done against it, that could be the factor that makes this a closed, rather than perpetually expanding cosmos.

When I realize how unlikely the cosmos was in creating me, I realize there has to be an infinite universe of which this cosmos is but only a small part. With all the forces in just our simple cosmos being variable, I realized there is an infinite number of other cosmoses with an infinite number of unique cosmologies. If they are, as well as the universe as a whole, based on fields of infinite velocity intersecting to form holographic interference patterns, then in some of them, an intelligence might have impressed its self onto the infinite velocity field. As the universe is infinite in size, an infinite number of these beings of instantaneous thought have interconnected an infinitely long time ago to form an omniscient and omnipotent being. Our intelligences would fit into their pattern like minute patterns that resemble the greater pattern; we are but small fractals in the greater fractal we call God!

Rod
GaryKelly

Re: Endless energy, unified field theory and proof of God

Post by GaryKelly »

Rod Sprague wrote:I believe I have figured out a truly endless supply of energy, a possible start on a grand unified field theory and a proof of the existence of God.
Well, that's all well and good Rod. But the penguins who say 'Ni!' really wanted a Shrubbery. And a Perpetual Motion Machine.

Besides, I could've sworn I saw proof of the existence of God on a wall at Waterloo Station years ago. Someone had scrawled:

God is dead. - Fred.

Underneath it in day-glo writing was:

Fred is dead. - God.

:)
Image "It might be a bit better to tune to one of my fiddle's open strings, like A, rather than asking me for an F#." - Martin Milner
peeplj

Post by peeplj »

If you make suppostions, then draw conclusions from them, you are not at that point allowed to change or withdraw the suppositions but assume the conclusion still stands.

--James
GaryKelly

Post by GaryKelly »

Who, me? :-?
Image "It might be a bit better to tune to one of my fiddle's open strings, like A, rather than asking me for an F#." - Martin Milner
peeplj

Post by peeplj »

GaryKelly wrote:Who, me? :-?
Nope. :)

--James
emmline
antispam: No

Post by emmline »

Rod Sprague wrote:
minute magnets could be suspended in a working fluid in minute coils connected to minute full wave rectifiers.
I'll check for those at Home Depot.
Rod Sprague wrote:
I call the diodes entropovoltaic rectifiers.
I call my 12 year old an entropovoltaic deranger.

Rod Sprague wrote:If all fundamental forces change in strength as the sum of all work done against and by them, then all things in the cosmos are instantaneously connected. we could view matter as an interference pattern. Such an interference pattern could also be thought of as a hologram.
Hologram maybe. I think of matter more as points of spinning energy coalescing into something perceptible on the macro scale. Interference pattern is a more physics-like description though.
Rod Sprague wrote: When I realize how unlikely the cosmos was in creating me, I realize there has to be an infinite universe of which this cosmos is but only a small part.
Now here you're taking an "if"-based leap.
Rod Sprague wrote: an infinite number of these beings of instantaneous thought have interconnected an infinitely long time ago to form an omniscient and omnipotent being. Our intelligences would fit into their pattern like minute patterns that resemble the greater pattern; we are but small fractals in the greater fractal we call God!

Rod
Yes. God as a communal committee kind of thing. Out of many One. Pretty much how I think of it.
Chuck_Clark

Post by Chuck_Clark »

Why is this thread not marked OT?
Zubivka

Post by Zubivka »

Chuck_Clark wrote:Why is this thread not marked OT?
Why don't you check today's date?
Chuck_Clark

Post by Chuck_Clark »

Dang! Walked right into it, didn't I?

Oh, well. Advancing age is a good excuse fo almost anything.
emmline

Post by emmline »

Are you suggesting that Rod is not truly espousing this theory?
Caj

Post by Caj »

One structure for them I’ve come up with would be to layer three elements in layers one atom thick in the proper sequence to form diodes. One set of candidate elements would be boron, carbon, and nitrogen. A layer of carbon one atom thick would be laid down first. Next would be boron and then nitrogen. Next, would be a new layer of carbon, perhaps followed by another layer of boron then nitrogen, then carbon, again, etc., to form as many layers as needed. The consecutive nitrogen and boron layers would form a diode only two atoms thick, more than thin enough to rectify the thermal noise, the entropy within the diode. The carbon layers would simply keep the consecutive diodes discrete from each other. Likely having a diamond crystalline structure and being both a nitride and carbide of boron, it should be a rather rugged material.
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that you haven't actually tried this yet.

Caj
emmline

Post by emmline »

Maybe not, but it's a dang good idea. Maybe I'll try it...

mumbling...I know I've got some single atom layers of boron somewhere in there...probably behind the cayenne pepper...
blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

emmline wrote:
Rod Sprague wrote:
I call the diodes entropovoltaic rectifiers.
I call my 12 year old an entropovoltaic deranger.
:lol: :lol: I call mine Travis...ok, he's not really 12, but it ruins the flow of the joke to admit that. :D
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which is least known--Montaigne

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato
Monster

Post by Monster »

Haaah, I'm still mad cause Howard Stern is off the air, replaced by Colin Powell Jr&Company. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
insert uber smart comment here
fancypiper
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by fancypiper »

Monster wrote:Haaah, I'm still mad cause Howard Stern is off the air, replaced by Colin Powell Jr&Company. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
I listened to Howard Stern once and couldn't figure out why anyone listened to him unless they were just becoming pubescient. :roll: