Irish trad movie coming

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
TonyHiggins
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Irish trad movie coming

Post by TonyHiggins »

A friend of mine notified me of this upcoming movie (not filmed yet) about an Irish trad band. Music by Dervish. Sounds fun.
Tony

http://www.reelingthemovie.com/
http://tinwhistletunes.com/clipssnip/newspage.htm Officially, the government uses the term “flap,” describing it as “a condition, a situation or a state of being, of a group of persons, characterized by an advanced degree of confusion that has not quite reached panic proportions.”
feadogin

Post by feadogin »

Link didn't work for me.

J.
TonyHiggins

Post by TonyHiggins »

Fixed it.
http://tinwhistletunes.com/clipssnip/newspage.htm Officially, the government uses the term “flap,” describing it as “a condition, a situation or a state of being, of a group of persons, characterized by an advanced degree of confusion that has not quite reached panic proportions.”
peeplj

Post by peeplj »

Sounds like it could be a fun film!

It's gonna get slammed here on the boards though...all that talk of a classical-prodegy-violinist who pics up trad music on the spot. :twisted:

--James
feadogin

Post by feadogin »

I don't know...."five happy-go-lucky country lads, and their winsome and sassy girl singer" ? :roll: Good title, though.

Justine
glauber

Post by glauber »

Looks halfway between dreadful and funny to me.
On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog!
--Wellsprings--
Montana

Post by Montana »

Of course there always has to be some Hollywoodized love story or it wouldn't be a movie. The girl saves the violinist (gasp) before the band goes at him with their shelaleghs and helps him see the light. Do all the movies have to appeal to the teenage demographic. Ho-hum! :sleep:
If they didn't have a girl in the band, the movie wouldn't go far. I would probably enjoy it more if it was just a bunch of mates working their way through the hurdles of becoming professional musicians. Could fit in a bunch more tunes that way. Could be patterned after the old Beatles movies... :lol:
TonyHiggins

Post by TonyHiggins »

I agree. I'd like to see Ciaran Carson's book, Last Night's Fun, made into a movie. That would be a gas.
Tony
Cayden

Post by Cayden »

We're still waiting for 'The Boys from the County Clare' to appear in the theatre, with music by Harry Bradley, Paul Mcgrattan, Padraig Macmathuna et and leading roll as the fiddleplayer Andrea Corr. Anyone hear what happened to that? At least thatwas written by some one who knows the stuff [Nick Adams who used to make pipes flutes and whistles]
BrassBlower
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by BrassBlower »

Three words: "A Mighty Wind". Any questions? :lol:
https://www.facebook.com/4StringFantasy

I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.

-Galileo
Chuck_Clark

Post by Chuck_Clark »

Sounds like a great movie, but without car chases, gunfights or an occasional gratuitous flogging, I fear it's one of those "art house" movies that usually leave town about the same time that the review appears in the local paper.
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

Hey, if it gets people out to the pubs to hear the WhiskyTones or your guys' bands, I'm all for it!!!!
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
Steven

Post by Steven »

Depends how they do it. Could turn out to be a great movie with some fantastic tunes, or it could end up being a dud. We'll just have to wait and see.
Chuck_Clark wrote:Sounds like a great movie, but without car chases, gunfights or an occasional gratuitous flogging, I fear it's one of those "art house" movies that usually leave town about the same time that the review appears in the local paper.
I sure hope that happens, from a purely selfish perspective. The theater 2 blocks from my house shows mostly "art" and "independent" films. How convenient that would be!

:-)
Steven
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

I think it looks like fun!

:)
~JessieD
Azalin
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Azalin »

Peter Laban wrote:We're still waiting for 'The Boys from the County Clare' to appear in the theatre, with music by Harry Bradley, Paul Mcgrattan, Padraig Macmathuna et and leading roll as the fiddleplayer Andrea Corr. Anyone hear what happened to that? At least thatwas written by some one who knows the stuff [Nick Adams who used to make pipes flutes and whistles]
Hey, I saw that! I think it was a real fun movie, funny and all... Of course you could see that the actors "playing" music didnt have a clue, but that's just technical details. The music was awesome, the main "theme" of the movie is "Rolling Waves", learned it because of the movie and just can't stop playing it since then :-)

Oh and James was right: classically trained musician who can play ITM on the spot? Gimme a breakkk!