Briton plans to Invade America

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Daniel_Bingamon
antispam: No

Post by Daniel_Bingamon »

Mmm, Marshmallows, I them flaming and you blow them out (thoroughly) right before they go in the mouth. Then eat the whole piece (excluding the stick).
Cees wrote:Mmmmm....some people I know like to burn their marshmallows to a crisp, then eat the black skin, then burn the gooey under part, eat that, and keep burning till gone. Yuck! I like to take my time toasting mine on all sides till it's golden brown. Mmmmmmm....
I remember some visitors came to Cincinnati from Israeli and they had one of those little pocket maps for the US totally in miles so that had no idea how far Cincinnati was. They came to meet a friend of their and told how from New York to Cincinnati was this tiny little distance on the map and thought they could there by car in a couple of hours. The suprise was on them.

Root Beers nice and so are Marshmallows, but have any of you ever had Paw Paws? (A Fruit from Ohio, Kentucky, Pennsylvania around that area)
The look like an Apple or Pear and taste similar to a Bananna.
Email - YouTube - Ebay - Website $28 Low-D
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

Daniel_Bingamon wrote: Root Beers nice and so are Marshmallows, but have any of you ever had Paw Paws? (A Fruit from Ohio, Kentucky, Pennsylvania around that area)
I've seen, on biodiversity maps, that they grow wild in this county, but, honestly, I've no further experience with them than the song "Way Down Yonder in the Pawpaw Patch."
Reasonable person
Walden
susnfx
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by susnfx »

Dear Martin:
It was nice to finally meet you. You're taller, yet somehow shorter, than I had imagined you. I know you wanted to come off as the dignified Brit, but don't you think the bowler hat was a bit much? I was impressed by your fiddle playing and enjoyed the tune you taught us - although I can't remember it this morning, so I'd like a refund of the tuition. I hope you enjoy the rest of your stay here and can take back fond memories of us and Utah (in spite of the smell of the Great Salt Lake).
Regards,
Susan

Actually, Martin is a very nice, funny guy and it really was fun to visit with him (and Sunnywindo, Cees, and their families), compare cultures, and play a tune or two. A good time was had by all!
mamakash

Post by mamakash »

Daniel_Bingamon wrote:Mmm, Marshmallows, I them flaming and you blow them out (thoroughly) right before they go in the mouth. Then eat the whole piece (excluding the stick).
Must be an American curiousity . . . they don't have Marshmellows over in the Czech republic, something my dad found out during a visit. So my dad brought some over to toast for his wife's gradchildren. They prefered eating them "raw". I should have mentioned roasting smores, they may have liked those.
I sing the birdie tune
It makes the birdies swoon
It sends them to the moon
Just like a big balloon
Stu H

Post by Stu H »

Martin Milner wrote:We do have root beer in the UK, but it's usually watered down and recycled as dentist's mouthwash.
Mmmmmmmmmm........

Someof the things I really miss about the States:

Peanutbutter cups

Clam chowder

Properly aged and generously sized steaks

but most of all ..........

Real Root Beer

The closest you get here is Dr Pepper! eeewwwhhh!
If it looks like a duck and sounds like a duck, it's probably me - playing a whistle!
Sunnywindo

Post by Sunnywindo »

susnfx wrote:Dear Martin:
It was nice to finally meet you. You're taller, yet somehow shorter, than I had imagined you. I know you wanted to come off as the dignified Brit, but don't you think the bowler hat was a bit much? I was impressed by your fiddle playing and enjoyed the tune you taught us - although I can't remember it this morning, so I'd like a refund of the tuition. I hope you enjoy the rest of your stay here and can take back fond memories of us and Utah (in spite of the smell of the Great Salt Lake).
Regards,
Susan

Actually, Martin is a very nice, funny guy and it really was fun to visit with him (and Sunnywindo, Cees, and their families), compare cultures, and play a tune or two. A good time was had by all!

Funny... I must have missed the bowler hat. And Susan, "regards"? Whatever! :lol:

Yes, a GRAND time last night! Wonderful to meet Martin, great person. Just wish that the evening could have been longer and that my brain hadn't felt so mushy last night so the TUNE that Martin taught us would have sunk in better. Martin, hope you have a fun rest of the time in Utah and America and a safe journey!

:) Sara
'I wish it need not have happend in my time,' said Frodo.
'So do I,' said Gandalf, 'and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.'

-LOTR-
MurphyStout

Post by MurphyStout »

[quote="Azalin"]It's hard to be on a small island stucked with Jack. You know, Jack and his polkas. Also, Jack lacks some skills about organizing a private session, it was the worse private session I've ever been to! [quote]

Well I'd like to let it now that I more than redeemed myself last night. Me and az and karina got to sit and listen to a private session with some of the best musicians I've ever heard. And it was all because of ME, I'm the one that got us into there so Azalin can go eat another few dozen hotdogs with mayonaise if he doesn't like it. Besides, it's not all roses hanging out with Azalin. He playes these really loud whistles and they are really annoying. On top of that he forgets tunes and just startes play horrible roles everywhere and does alot of octave jumping which is very annoying. For once I'd just like to hear him play a tune straight thru instead of wild out of control variations and to be quite honest it sounds like he's been drinking too much. Now Karina on the other hand is fantastic, I'm glad she came along to raise the quality up a bit to counter az. Anyways.... yeah.. and.... need sleep.
No I'm not returning...
brianormond

Post by brianormond »

-Visit Seattle for enticing specialties. Throw a rock in random direction and one likely hits an espresso shop or stand, and if missing those, the wayward projectile will undoubtedly strike a Thai restaurant (and a good one as Thai food standards are high here). The chance of missing all of the above is nearly nil. :D
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

Ya know, Susan, now that I think of it: when you came out here to Calaforny, I found you to be taller but somehow shorter than I imagined as well.. :boggle:

Murphy's Revenge, yeah! Go, Jack, go! Yer taller, meaner and you definitely have more hair that that feller from the Great White North.

Hey, why doncha officially have a WAR!!!!!!!!!!!! :adminok:
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
Azalin
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Azalin »

MurphyStout wrote:[qute="Azalin"]It's hard to be on a small island stucked with Jack. You know, Jack and his polkas. Also, Jack lacks some skills about organizing a private session, it was the worse private session I've ever been to!
Hey Jack! First of all, I think you need some training in "quoting" people. You need a "end quote" to end a quote. Now I can see that it's not only tunes that you can't finish properly...

MurphyStout wrote: He playes these really loud whistles and they are really annoying. On top of that he forgets tunes and just startes play horrible roles everywhere and does alot of octave jumping which is very annoying.
Sometimes annoying is better than BORING ehhhh???
MurphyStout wrote: For once I'd just like to hear him play a tune straight
Well, I'm sure won't have the same problem with you, since you know only ONE tune. You'll end up playing IT right at one point!
cowtime

Post by cowtime »

Walden wrote:
Daniel_Bingamon wrote: Root Beers nice and so are Marshmallows, but have any of you ever had Paw Paws? (A Fruit from Ohio, Kentucky, Pennsylvania around that area)
I've seen, on biodiversity maps, that they grow wild in this county, but, honestly, I've no further experience with them than the song "Way Down Yonder in the Pawpaw Patch."
Add southwest VA to the list of Pawpaw patches. We've got them growing on our farm and you can't kill the things out. We consider them little more than overgrown weeds. The cows do like them though. And a very few people. My Dad liked them, and a handful of others that I know. They taste a little bit like bananas, but not a lot. They are also VERY mealy in texture. Yuck :x
"Let low-country intruder approach a cove
And eyes as gray as icicle fangs measure stranger
For size, honesty, and intent."
John Foster West
BoneQuint

Post by BoneQuint »

brianormond wrote:Visit Seattle for enticing specialties. Throw a rock in random direction and one likely hits an espresso shop or stand
Mmmmmmm...Espresso Vivace...
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

Hm. I guess I sort of misunderstood the thread title. But, I will say....if Britain invaded America,I really think the British would be greeted as liberators.

Dale
mamakash

Post by mamakash »

DaleWisely wrote:Hm. I guess I sort of misunderstood the thread title. But, I will say....if Britain invaded America,I really think the British would be greeted as liberators.

Dale
Didn't that happen when the Beatles landed back in '64?
I sing the birdie tune
It makes the birdies swoon
It sends them to the moon
Just like a big balloon
Daniel_Bingamon

Post by Daniel_Bingamon »

Marsh Mallows today are artificially made, they originally came from a plant http://www.assateague.com/mar-mal.html
British would be greeted as liberators.
Depends on where the British invade. They can have Washington DC.
Email - YouTube - Ebay - Website $28 Low-D