wfuv.org

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
travhicks
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

wfuv.org

Post by travhicks »

I imagine that a good number of you folks already know about wfuv, the Fordham University station, but for those of you who don't...

www.wfuv.org has an archive which includes several of their programs which highlight Irish music. The one I find myself listening to lately is A Thousand Welcomes with Kathleen Biggins. I used to catch this on Saturday mornings when I lived in NJ, but now that I'm not so close geographically, I can appreciate the program through internet streaming. Anyway, for those of you who are interested, check it out. There are about two years worth of 3 hour, weekly shows available, with the occasional guest musicians in the studio.
Piobairi Uilleann Inis Fa
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

wfuv

Post by Piobairi Uilleann Inis Fa »

WFUV is a tremendous asset to NYC metro irish music listeners and has been for decades. There is also a program on Saturday mornings from about 8 to 9 (I think) featuring gaelic language music hosted by Seamus Blake. Following that program there is an Irish muic show until about 11. At 11 there is a syndicated show by Fiona Richie (Scotish) which is repeated at 4 pm on Sundays after the Sunday 12-4 pm "Ceol na Gail" program. There is a significant amount of Uilleann piping and many live performances (i.e. Jerry O'Sullivan) on these shows. The Sunday program also has the "news from Ireland".

Neil

my 100th post :party:
Pipey
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

wfuv

Post by Pipey »

kathleen Biggins is a great asset to irish music. Some months ago she MCd a great evening of piping in NYC with Jerry O'Sullivan, Ivan Goff, Isaac Alderson and Tim Britton. Two solid hours of solo and group playing. It was sponsored by NYU Ireland House.
"So many tunes, so little time"

Member - www.hudsonriverpipersclub.com