My Last Post For The Time Being

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
ciberspiff

Post by ciberspiff »

After being spanked by Dale in private you bring it into the light. I guess you expected your fan club to come running to support you? If ya toss 'em over the plate, don't be surprised if someone swings.

As Telegram Sam said, let's see how long it lasts...
Whistlin'Dixie
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Whistlin'Dixie »

I figured out a great new way to get more practicing in!!!! I don't click on off-topic threads or threads that don't sound interesting to me!
Hey, what a novel idea! :o

I've found very little to click on here lately.

And this isn't gonna be the first time someone leaves, then comes back////

:roll:

Mary
Duffy

Post by Duffy »

Whistlin'Dixie wrote:I figured out a great new way to get more practicing in!!!! I don't click on off-topic threads or threads that don't sound interesting to me!
Mary
Still here occasionally. Got tired of weaving around the OT's (marked or otherwise. I love the whistle, I-Trad, and music information, but I've gotten into the habit of checking other places first.

There are some other excellent places to go for political, religious, and late-breaking news discussions.

Of course even in some libraries and book strores there are authors I avoid due to mental and physical health considerations
jim stone

Post by jim stone »

After being spanked by Dale in private you bring it into the light.

I don't think Dale is into spankings, at least not as much
as I am. If you do a google search on 'spankings--adult'
there are lovely sites with all sorts of pictures and vibrant
dialogue like:

'You have been very naughty, and you must be punished.'

'No! No!'

'Off with your knickers!'

'Please don't handcuff me to the bed; I'll be
good, I swear!'

'Heh, heh, heh!'

Wonderful stuff! Best
Jeferson
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Jeferson »

My eyes, my eyes!
Jef
Brian Lee

Post by Brian Lee »

WHAT THE CRAP???

You mean we might actually have to talk about WHISTLES on this WHISTLE BOARD??? And all the political, religious and otherwise fully off topic discussions will have to be taken elsewhere???

:o :o :o
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

Brian Lee wrote:WHAT THE CRAP???

You mean we might actually have to talk about WHISTLES on this WHISTLE BOARD??? And all the political, religious and otherwise fully off topic discussions will have to be taken elsewhere???

:o :o :o
Fine. Fine. I'll not post either. Have fun.
Last edited by Walden on Sat Feb 28, 2004 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brian Lee

Post by Brian Lee »

Yeah...too bad they don't have a 'somewhat' tounge in cheek smiley face to use.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Duffy wrote:Still here occasionally. Got tired of weaving around the OT's (marked or otherwise. I love the whistle, I-Trad, and music information, but I've gotten into the habit of checking other places first.

There are some other excellent places to go for political, religious, and late-breaking news discussions.
That is a respectable point. Can't really argue with it at all. For me, though, I still pretty much just hang out here for the most part. I've gotten used to the folks here (including Elendil) and look forward to "checking in" every day to see what everyone is up to and what's happening in their lives that they care to share here. I've gotten and given help here and generally it's a good vibe. I've also learned a ton about my music by lurking around. All of life gets layed out here amidst the traditional music information. Sometimes more sometimes less. I still think it's the best. Thanks again Dale. I'm sure we'll be seeing Elendil again and I hope so.

-Paul
Paul

Post by Paul »

Brian Lee wrote:Yeah...too bad they don't have a 'somewhat' tounge in cheek smiley face to use.
I AGREE! It's been brought up before, you know. Why son't some of the computer graphics folks see if you can come up with one and maybe Rich can include it in the smiley list? Contest, Dale? :)
antstastegood

Post by antstastegood »

Here's a quick one for you all. Go here if you're not a SoCal native: www.kfi640.com

Unreasonable person,
ants
|___|)____________O___O___O___o__O___O_____|
Jerry Freeman

Post by Jerry Freeman »

Although we've addressed the first part of this thread's subject, we seem to have neglected the second part, which is to whom the thread is addressed.

I've often thought about the Time Being. What a strange deity, and odd that such a devout person as Elendil would dedicate a thread to it.

The Time Being, it seems to me, is a rather second class divinity. Whatever isn't quite up to standard, we dedicate to it. "Good enough for the Time Being," we say, and shrug our shoulders. On the other hand, the Time Being seems to be quite an undemanding and accepting deity, which may account for its many devotees.

Best wishes,
Jerry
emmline

Post by emmline »

Jerry Freeman wrote: The Time Being, it seems to me, is a rather second class divinity. Whatever isn't quite up to standard, we dedicate to it. "Good enough for the Time Being," we say, and shrug our shoulders. On the other hand, the Time Being seems to be quite an undemanding and accepting deity, which may account for its many devotees.

Best wishes,
Jerry
The Time Being, or Tib, as it is often referred to by acolytes, is, in fact, a lesser deity(being bound by the 4th dimension) than That Which Transcends Time. But safer, in the psychological sense, for those who balk at foregoing dimensional boundaries.
energy

Post by energy »

Lorenzo wrote: EXTRA:
How many days do you think he will be gone?
I'll guess a week and half, but it could be anywhere from three days to three weeks.
"I don't want to be interesting. I want to be good." - Ludwig Mies van der Rohe
"I'm the goodest sheep rider there is. Except Jesus." - Koby Blunt, multiple time rodeo champion, age 6
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

Jerry Freeman wrote:
I've often thought about the Time Being. What a strange deity, and odd that such a devout person as Elendil would dedicate a thread to it.

The Time Being, it seems to me, is a rather second class divinity. Whatever isn't quite up to standard, we dedicate to it. "Good enough for the Time Being," we say, and shrug our shoulders. On the other hand, the Time Being seems to be quite an undemanding and accepting deity, which may account for its many devotees.

Best wishes,
Jerry
Oh Jerry, you're being naughty. Poor Elendil takes a sabbatical to wrestle with the true meaning of the request 'throtle back a bit on the OT posts' and you toss in this teaser as well. :lol:

Where ontology meets gerontology, metaphysics becomes better physics.