What's your board name mean? (revisited)

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
seisflutes
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by seisflutes »

Seis is the name of my band(so very original,don't you think? :roll: ),
and we have a lot of flute players(three,including me).

-Kelly
littlejohngael
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've been with Chiff and Fipple since shortly after I bought my first low D. I've learned loads from this community, and I intend to continue to learn and contribute. Many thanks to Dale and everyone who makes this site happen.

Post by littlejohngael »

In my college days in Tennessee I befriended an incoming freshman. Her name was Robin and she was sweet as honey. She had a little problem. Most of the guys on campus wanted her to break up w/her boyfriend back home and date them. Well, I told her all she needed was a big brother.

We became fast friends and went everywhere together. It was the same year that Kevin Costner's Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves came out. So one day, as we entered the student hall for dinner, someone said, "Hey, there's Robin ... and Little John!" The name stuck, and for some folks back in Tennessee, Little John is all they remember (and not my real name).

The "Gael" part? Well, sort of like Gary (Raindog1970), there are so many "Little Johns" on the 'Net, I had to differentiate myself.

All the best,

Little John

P.S. -- Great year, Gary. Me too. :wink:
P.P.S. -- For the curious, Robin went on to marry that boyfriend back home, and she lived happily everafter. :D
Steven

Post by Steven »

Good story, littlejohn gael. But where does Aerandir come from?

(For many of you, yes, that is his screen name. Just not here.)

:-)
Steven
Treasach

Post by Treasach »

It's my SCA name. (Society for Creative Anachronism)
I'm into Medieval Reenactment Fighting (full contact). :o
Treasach is Galic & means War like.
My persona is Irish 12th century.
Treasach
Treasach

Post by Treasach »

Sorry it should be Gaelic !
My Bad!!
Treasach
littlejohngael
Tell us something.: I've been with Chiff and Fipple since shortly after I bought my first low D. I've learned loads from this community, and I intend to continue to learn and contribute. Many thanks to Dale and everyone who makes this site happen.

Post by littlejohngael »

Steven wrote:Good story, littlejohn gael. But where does Aerandir come from?

(For many of you, yes, that is his screen name. Just not here.)

:-)
Steven
LOL! Steven!! Okay, I got into LOTR and I joined an elvish liguistics board about the same time I joined GC. So, naturally, on the elvish board I started trying to translate my name. I got help, and Aerandir came of it. Depending on how you translate my real name, part of it means "friend of the sea." "Aerandir" means "sea wanderer." It was as close as I could get at the time. :roll:
Leel
Tell us something.: Hi All - I am a Celtic music performer with a band called Beyond the Heather, located in the Lawrence, KS/Kansas City area. I sing, play whistles, SSP and bodharan. I've been a C&F member since 2003 but haven't posted much recently.

Post by Leel »

My name is Lee Likins (pronounced LIKE-inns, thankyou).

For full, copywrited instructions on proper assembly into LEEL, please send postal money order, or Spanish dubloons in the amount of $19.17
(CD version: add 1#) to.........

:P

p.s. - FUN post! :thumbsup:
flanum
Location: Cavan via Dublin, Skerries, Donabate, Ballinagh, Cavan, Ballyconnell, Ballinamore, Athlone, Cavan,

Post by flanum »

BUMP!!

Seeing as im newish here ive been reading a lot of old topics.

Flanum =

The result of a very inebriated conversation about contraceptives.

I just could'nt pronounce "family planning"!
It became my nickname :roll:
Listen to me young fellow, what need is there for fish to sing when i can roar and bellow?
Congratulations

Post by Congratulations »

oh Lana Turner we love you get up
Tyghress

Post by Tyghress »

I have an affinity for the Great Cats (very close encounter with a Bengal at a local zoo started it!) and have chosen the Siberians as my charity-endangered-species.

Long ago and far away I was involved in a fantasy game and took on the Feline persona. The actual collection of tiger stuff came later when a client noticed my 3 tiger calendars and sent me a truly lovely stuffed toy. Other clients leapt on the bandwagon, then friends and family, and added cards, posters and T-shirts, and nearly anything else that can carry the stripes.

When I started on AOL of course the 'TIGER' based names were all taken, so I started messing with the spelling. In one form or another, I've been Tyg for over 25 years.
Remember, you didn't get the tiger so it would do what you wanted. You got the tiger to see what it wanted to do. -- Colin McEnroe
Charlene

Post by Charlene »

Steven wrote:
janice wrote:Uhhhh...because that's my name and I have no imagination. :P
Hey, no fair -- that's MY reason!!

:P
Steven
Me too! :D

It's my real first name and I couldn't think of anything cutsey. I suppose I could have used my middle name, Dawn, but I just didn't think of it.
Charlene
amar
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

i replied on this thread in the past already, but for the sake of the newbies i shall once more explain why i call myself amar here.

it's my name.

the end.
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

Well.....izzarina is a sort of shortened form of Isabella. No, Isabella is not my real name. But when creative names were en vogue on the internet, and I used to have time to chat (seems like eons ago...I think I ONLY had 4 kids at the time! :lol: ), I wanted to use the name Isabella (it's pretty, don't you think?), but it was always taken. Sooooooo, I changed it to izzy, which later became izzarina for some reason. Who knows why. It just kind of stuck, and I've used it ever since for the most part. I was even izzarina@earthlink.net for a very long time until I got rid of my earthlink account just recently.

So to make this long story short, there really is no good reason, except that if you go to message boards at all, it's generally a name that's not ever taken.
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

IDAwHOa wrote:I was born in Northern California

I went to school in Northern California

I was married in Northern California

I live in Northern California

I play music in Northern California

Notice the trend?
Makes perfect sense to me! :lol: :lol: :lol:
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
Leel
Tell us something.: Hi All - I am a Celtic music performer with a band called Beyond the Heather, located in the Lawrence, KS/Kansas City area. I sing, play whistles, SSP and bodharan. I've been a C&F member since 2003 but haven't posted much recently.

Post by Leel »

amar wrote:i replied on this thread in the past already, but for the sake of the newbies i shall once more explain why i call myself amar here.

it's my name.

the end.

I don't get it???? :really: :really: :really: