The BEHEMOTH Everybody on the Forum is (or has) a Cutie-Pie

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
amar
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

YIHAAAAAAAAAA, WALDEN'S DA MANNN!
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

It has been brought to our attention that Karina's cutie pie status may have been overlooked, so, at this juncture, I hereby propose that Karina is a cutie pie.
Reasonable person
Walden
Henke
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Henke »

Cheers everybody. :party:
chattiekathy
Tell us something.: Well dang, I just want to change my password. looking for that correct page! Thank you! Ohh good grief, I get it, you have to be careful who you let in because of spammers, but sigh.... I'm in a hurry, can we move this along please. :)

Post by chattiekathy »

I have been waiting for this super thread to pop up again. I would like to share with you all a pix of one of the cutie-pies at my house. "Snickers"

~*~Creativity is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift to God~*~
Loren
Tell us something.: You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

Cool Dog!!! Dogs are the best :)

Loren
amar

Post by amar »

yeah, we used to have a dog too, an australian sheepdog, got to be 17.5y, he was the best.:-)
glauber
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by glauber »

Ana Katarina Ribeiro -- she's a dog! :)
On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog!
--Wellsprings--
chattiekathy
Tell us something.: Well dang, I just want to change my password. looking for that correct page! Thank you! Ohh good grief, I get it, you have to be careful who you let in because of spammers, but sigh.... I'm in a hurry, can we move this along please. :)

Post by chattiekathy »

Loren wrote:Cool Dog!!! Dogs are the best :)

Loren
Snickers is a saved dog from the shelter. We got him when he was a puppy and he has loved music from the beginning. If I am playing my hammered dulcimer, he will lay against the leg so he can feel the vibrations from the notes. When I play my mt. dulcimer or my whistles, he will sit on the couch behind me and listen or sleep. If I am on the computer, he will lay against that box thing that makes the bass rumble when I have the CD playing. He is just a cutie-pie! :D Now if I could get him to quit drinking the water out of the bowl that I have sitting on the heat vent to help keep the room humidified, I would be alot happier. :roll:

Cheers,
Kathy :)
~*~Creativity is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift to God~*~
mvhplank

Post by mvhplank »

This poor critter climbed up the wild cherry tree, out the icy limb and down the string to the suet feeder. It couldn't figure it out, so instead of just dropping four feet to the ground, retraced its steps up the string, up the limb, down the trunk and under the deck.

I'm not usually a fan of the opossum, but for a poss, this guy was pretty cute.

M

PS--Hi Kathy!
Marguerite
Gettysburg
amar

Post by amar »

glauber wrote:Image

Ana Katarina Ribeiro -- she's a dog! :)
my god, what an absolute beauty of a dog, is that an australian sheepdog too, looks very much like the dog we used to have, ours was brown there where yours is white. Ana is a beauty.
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

Yeah, my first thought was how that great cowdog ended up in Chicago owned by a Brazilian feller with nary a lamb to chase about.
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
glauber

Post by glauber »

She's a border collie. She's small for her breed (about 35 pounds, i think). Both parents were working sheepdogs; great-grandmother came from Ireland. Border collies are very smart and loving too, but with quirky personalities. Wonderful friendly dogs, if you don't mind the shedding too much.

One of the interesting things about borders is that there's so much variation in size, coat, shape of the ears and colors. I think it's because they were bred for work, not for show, and so they're less standardized than most breeds.

Australian shepherds (Aussies) look a lot like border collies, but they're larger and even more energetic. I think most Aussies have cut tails too.

She'd thank you personally for the cumpliments, but it's past her bedtime and she's retired for the day. :)
--Wellsprings--
HDSarah

Post by HDSarah »

glauber wrote:She's a border collie. She's small for her breed (about 35 pounds, i think). Both parents were working sheepdogs; great-grandmother came from Ireland. Border collies are very smart and loving too, but with quirky personalities. Wonderful friendly dogs, if you don't mind the shedding too much.

One of the interesting things about borders is that there's so much variation in size, coat, shape of the ears and colors. I think it's because they were bred for work, not for show, and so they're less standardized than most breeds.

Australian shepherds (Aussies) look a lot like border collies, but they're larger and even more energetic. I think most Aussies have cut tails too.

She'd thank you personally for the cumpliments, but it's past her bedtime and she's retired for the day. :)
Border Collies were recognized as a "miscellaneous" breed for many years by the American Kennel Club. As such they were eligible to be shown in performance competitions such as tracking, agility and obedience trials (at which they excelled, cementing their reputation in the dog world as smart, fast, and intense), but they couldn't be shown in conformation classes (the "beauty pageant" area of dog shows -- I know my bias is showing here.) Not too many years ago, the AKC recognized the Border Collie as part of the Herding Group, and there is now a breed standard and border collies may be shown in conformation. (See http://www.akc.org/breeds/recbreeds/border.cfm for the standard.) At the time, many border collie fans were concerned that it would NOT be a good thing for the breed. Breeding for success in the conformation ring has created a split between working and show lines in other breeds, with some show lines losing the working character that was the initial purpose of the breed. I'm not sure how it's panning out with border collies. I wish them luck.

Also -- many Aussies are actually born without tails or with just a stub; others have their tails docked. The first time I met an Aussies with a full-length tail I thought it was a stocky border collie. I've been told that the original reason for docking tails was that the dogs naturally carried their tails low while working and some livestock (cattle, I think) would step on them. Docking puppies' tails prevented serious injury and pain to working dogs.

And I'm not a herding dog person at all, really -- I'm golden retriever person who has in the past enjoyed participating in tracking and obedience, so I've met a lot of lovely, brilliant, border collies (and Aussies too). I still prefer goldens. A typical border collie, even when playing, thinks she's working. A golden, even when working, thinks he's playing. I can't resist the goofy party animals. :lol:

Sarah
ICE JAM: "dam" good music that won't leave you cold. Check out our CD at http://cdbaby.com/cd/icejam
Steven

Post by Steven »

HDSarah wrote:A typical border collie, even when playing, thinks she's working. A golden, even when working, thinks he's playing. I can't resist the goofy party animals. :lol:
What a fabulous description!! My dog's a boxer. Working, playing, or doing anything else, she thinks she's looking for cuddles. Usually gets 'em, too!

:-)
Steven
glauber

Post by glauber »

With border collies, everything is a game.
--Wellsprings--