It's Sickening

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Cees
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I became interested in the beauty and versatility of Irish whistles and music over 20 years ago when I first found the Chiff boards. Yes, I do have WHOA, and I love my whistles. :)

Post by Cees »

I just want to say hear, hear!! to Greg and Jim's latest answers on page 6 of this thread. I was beginning to feel, as a new person myself, kind of persecuted when I haven't even done anything.

Aren't we all here to just learn and share about whistling? And wasn't everyone new at this at one time or another, whether it was yesterday or many years ago?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cees on 2002-02-02 22:26 ]</font>
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

On 2002-02-02 22:26, Cees wrote:
Aren't we all here to just learn and share about whistling?
Well, we are all here to connect with other people who enjoy whistling, whether it's about whistles or something else. This community has grown over the last few years, many of us have developed interpersonal relationships with others here, and sometimes, controversial issues have come up. I don't think we intend to persecute the newcomers, and I hear you and acknowledge your feeling about that, but we (the old-timers) find it incredibly frustrating when the newcomers try to tell us "THE purpose" of the board. There is more than meets the eye here.
Greg:

If I were a new person, and just saw one of the 'old timers' jump down a new guy's throat for making a reasonable comment/observation, I'm fairly sure what my reaction would be.
I don't think a comment that says "Stop talking about this, because you aren't accomplishing anything" is a reasonable comment from someone who knows nothing of the subject. But you're right, I am letting my feelings about the subject cloud my judgment and because of it, I am treating people badly.
Dale:
I just don't understand why everybody is taking this so seriously. There's really not that much about chiff & fipple that's meant to be serious.
Wow, Dale. You have no idea what you started with this community. There is a lot about Chiff and Fipple that IS important and IS serious, regardless of what you intended.
Jim:

I won't mind it personally if newbies
replace us oldies, then become oldies
themselves who are replaced by newbies,
and so on until everybody in the
world plays the whistle. Let it flow!
So be it.

Jessie

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JessieK on 2002-02-02 23:00 ]</font>
Dale
The Landlord
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Dale »

I want to make a request at this point. I want to ask that we stop this thread and suspend this argument. I think we have it well-established that there is a group of people who favor a direct and honest approach and a group that desires civility. (I've used positive terms to describe both camps). Rich and I are doing are level best to work this through. Let us continue to do the best we can and let's please move on.

Dale
Phil Hardy

Post by Phil Hardy »

Well I am amazed.I did not look at this thread for a long time and I now see that it must have been going on continuously.I've just come back from a great gig of M.McGoldrick in london and just wanted to put an end to all this stuff about what I am supposed to have done that is so terrible.
It seems to me that there are only three people involved in this saga .Bernard, Colin and myself and as Bernard has mentioned nothing to anyone about anything then I can only assume that all the info about the slit must have come from Colin. So ,even I don't know what he has been secretly saying.
If i did know then I could comment,but Im just as much in the dark about it as everybody else.So until Colin spills the beans and tell us all how it was then, those few who seem privy to his information should try and persuade him to .I think that in any case,whatever is his truth may not agree with my truth and we'll never know for sure.
But one thing I am sure of and that is that I regret nothing,not even the injustice that has been done to me,and the slagging off of my work,I have had the support of some of the most talented people in the music world and still do so and I am happy.I now feel that it's time to go,so thanks for all the support from those unbiased people and you know where to find me.
Phil.
Feadan

Post by Feadan »

Phil wrote:
It seems to me that there are only three people involved in this saga .Bernard, Colin and myself…
My father once said, “There are three sides to any argument; your side, their side, and the truth”. It seems we have at least 4 sides to this one and I have to wonder why two people on the other side of the Atlantic (unless they were very directly involved which seems unlikely) are passionately convinced of their “truth”. Somehow I doubt that either have thoroughly cross examined all parties involved to come to an unbiased opinion of what has transpired.
then Phil wrote:
So until Colin spills the beans and tell us all how it was then, those few who seem privy to his information should try and persuade him to.
If they do it should be taken somewhere else, not here. I think this dead horse has been flogged quite enough.
I think that in any case,whatever is his truth may not agree with my truth and we'll never know for sure.
Exactly my point!!!

Cheers,
David de la Barre

P.S. Rich, I don’t know how you feel about it but I would love to see that “locked” icon on this thread. Enough is enough already.
TelegramSam

Post by TelegramSam »

Actually what's sickening is that this stupid post is 7 pages long.

I'm going to go eat some cheese, see y'all later....
JohnPalmer

Post by JohnPalmer »

Sam, I hope it's not "runny" cheese. JP
crash

Post by crash »

GO PHIL

this board sucks

your all bunch of cowards feeling that if you
swear the whole world gets out of control.
get a life get real wake up its fu*** 2002.

dont like it then you where to go

And just to point out its a very ugly site with a generic messageboard that can be obtained for free from ezboards.
So as for Richard and dale (Im sure there gay)....it seems to me that they are lazy
and just like to leave this place how it is and gather dust.

you guys crack me up

asta

I'm outta here.
Bloomfield

Post by Bloomfield »

A fourteen year-old Quake Clan member. Just what this board needed... :roll:
/Bloomfield
StevePower

Post by StevePower »

On 2002-02-08 10:41, crash wrote:

...real wake up its fu*** 2002.

...dont like it then you where to go

...messageboard that can be obtained...

...(Im sure there gay)....
Well, sometimes a person just has to put down their whistle and pick up a pen, in order for them to become a little more proficient in the basics of life; such as spelling, syntax and grammar.

I'm sure you've made the right choice, Crash (assuming you find that pen and the text book). Oh, there should be an extra * in the first sentence I quoted, in case you're wondering.

Steve :wink:
WhistlingGypsy

Post by WhistlingGypsy »

Just wanted to be the 100th response in this thread!!

Must be a first :smile:

Cheers :smile:
Gerry
Jeferson

Post by Jeferson »

Way to go, Ge**y!

J*f*rson :wink:
Mark_J

Post by Mark_J »

Crash,

Do you know where I possible obtain an TWZ whistle made by the Andreas Joseph? Them are mostly excellence whistles, however, i have not played or listened them.

May I thank you in advance by saying that your hovercraft is full of eels.
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

I was going to delete that post but since he said that Rich and I are gay, I won't delete it because, you know, not that there's anything wrong with it....
WyoBadger
Tell us something.: "Tell us something" hits me a bit like someone asking me to tell a joke. I can always think of a hundred of them until someone asks me for one. You know how it is. Right now, I can't think of "something" to tell you. But I have to use at least 100 characters to inform you of that.

Post by WyoBadger »

So, ain't this some stretch of weather we're having? :lol:

Tom "****" Wilson