Citizenship-UPDATED WITH RESULTS...

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
pthouron
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Citizenship-UPDATED WITH RESULTS...

Post by pthouron »

Whistling friends and colleagues,

Tomorrow at this time, I shall be reporting to the Homeland Security Office, Division of Immigration in Newark, NJ. There, I will undergo my final interview for US Citizenship.

If you are up at 8:33 am, keep your fingers crossed, won't you? Or uncross them and play an air or a jig. Send good vibes.

Thank you!

PT

PS: Unfortunately for Weekenders, this means I may stick around for a while longer :D (just kidding, Weeks!...)
Last edited by pthouron on Fri Feb 20, 2004 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
bigjake842

Re: OT: Citizenship

Post by bigjake842 »

pthouron wrote:Whistling friends and colleagues,

Tomorrow at this time, I shall be reporting to the Homeland Security Office, Division of Immigration in Newark, NJ. There, I will undergo my final interview for US Citizenship.

If you are up at 8:33 am, keep your fingers crossed, won't you? Or uncross them and play an air or a jig. Send good vibes.

Thank you!

PT

PS: Unfortunately for Weekenders, this means I may stick around for a while longer :D (just kidding, Weeks!...)
Will do. And congratulations! My wife spent two years dealing with the INS before getting her green card, but it was worth it.

Actually, when I obtained my UK spouse visa, which allows me to live and work there (since we are moving BACK to Scotland) it took--five days. I know UK Immigration isn't as swamped as the INS, but still, I was impressed.

Welcome as a citizen! My sincere congratulations.
pthouron

Re: OT: Citizenship

Post by pthouron »

bigjake842 wrote:
pthouron wrote:Whistling friends and colleagues,

Thank you!

PT

Will do. And congratulations! My wife spent two years dealing with the INS before getting her green card, but it was worth it.

Actually, when I obtained my UK spouse visa, which allows me to live and work there (since we are moving BACK to Scotland) it took--five days. I know UK Immigration isn't as swamped as the INS, but still, I was impressed.

Welcome as a citizen! My sincere congratulations.
Thank you and good luck with the move back to Scotland. I envy you, I love the place!...
Lawrence

Post by Lawrence »

Here's wishing you well.

Congratulations and welcome as a US citizen.
Lawrence
"Well, Scotty, now you've done it!" - McCoy
"Aye. The haggis is in the fire for sure." - Scotty
peteinmn

Post by peteinmn »

pthouron,

Welcome to citizenship! I became one in 1962. Our family came over on the Displaced Persons Quota from Germany after WWII in the early 50's and I was the first naturalized member of the family.

Don't be nervous, it doesn't hurt much. Just tell them that you're a whistler and they will welcome you with open arms. :)
Shut up and drink your gin! - Fagin
pthouron

Post by pthouron »

peteinmn wrote:Don't be nervous, it doesn't hurt much. Just tell them that you're a whistler and they will welcome you with open arms. :)
As in "Whistler of Mass Distinction"? :lol: :lol: :lol:
peeplj

Post by peeplj »

I'll be thinking good thoughts your way!

Welcome, and congratulations!!!

--James
Bloomfield
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Bloomfield »

Eh, bonne chance, mon ami. Je te souhaite merde, eh?

:)
/Bloomfield
pthouron

Post by pthouron »

Bloomfield wrote:Eh, bonne chance, mon ami. Je te souhaite merde, eh?

Danke sehr, mein Freund!
TomB

Post by TomB »

Best Wishes!

Tom
"Consult the Book of Armaments"
Redwolf
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Redwolf »

Congratulations! Will uncross my fingers long enough to play "O ro, Se Do Bheatha Abhaile" for you!

Redwolf
...agus déanfaidh mé do mholadh ar an gcruit a Dhia, a Dhia liom!
Montana

Post by Montana »

You'll have to give us the post-game analysis.
I hope it is relatively painless although I think the pre-Bush years were probably better for not having to jump over hurdles. I just heard yesterday that the limit for the number of VISAs allowed for high tech "foreigners" has been reached and no more will be issued until the next fiscal year. This is due to an administration-directed reduction in the number of VISAs issued. Hopefully such things do not apply to citizenship, even covertly.
Congratulations :D and I hope it's something you can be proud of.
pthouron

Post by pthouron »

Montana wrote:You'll have to give us the post-game analysis.
I hope it is relatively painless although I think the pre-Bush years were probably better for not having to jump over hurdles. I just heard yesterday that the limit for the number of VISAs allowed for high tech "foreigners" has been reached and no more will be issued until the next fiscal year. This is due to an administration-directed reduction in the number of VISAs issued. Hopefully such things do not apply to citizenship, even covertly.
Congratulations :D and I hope it's something you can be proud of.
Will do. From my previous dealings with Immigration, I know they are not an easy bunch (nor do they speak very good English :D ), so I am going prepared. The fact that my country of origin is France may prove to be a detriment, but who's to say?
antstastegood

Post by antstastegood »

Congratulations! :party:
Unreasonable person,
ants
|___|)____________O___O___O___o__O___O_____|
emmline

Post by emmline »

Bloomfield wrote:Eh, bonne chance, mon ami. Je te souhaite merde, eh?

This, I'm assuming, is a nice(?) thing to say Bloomie? I'm sure there's a subtle cultural nuance, I'm missing. Yeah.

Reminds me of my brother in ninth grade french class. A female acquaintance of his was cutting up, not paying attention, and about to be called on to say "I have a big ball of string," in French. Quickly, she asks my bro, the class brain, for the answer. He tells her what to say, and when her turn comes she stands up and with great confidence says "J'ai une grande boule de merde!" Teacher is not pleased.