No more harassment, please.

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Loren
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

Thanks for the post Jessie. Geeze, where do these loons come from anyway? Seems like we get one every year or so......

Glad to hear you are all healthy and happy, good luck with the delivery :)

Loren
cj
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by cj »

Geez, what a story!

Glad everything else is going well with y'all.
janice

Post by janice »

Sorry to hear about the Talbert/Barb unpleasantness.
Good luck with your pregnancy and happy birthing!
nancymae

Post by nancymae »

I know how to play a "loon call" on my new Native American Flute!!! Did I call the loons????

I have just got off a whole week of having the auditor up here!...in my little space!!! A week of 7:30am till 10pm days....and besides that....I caught that nasty cold every one here in the Midwest seems to have...sore throat...laryngitis...ick....but MOST OF ALL....I DIDN'T HAVE ANY TIME TO PLAY MY WHISTLE!!!

My Illinoiance is gone now....and I am FREEEEE!!

Sorry about going off like that.....I hope you and your hubby have a wonderful time with your new little blessing!!!!

It is a shame some people get their undies in a bundle over nothing isn't it!! I couldn't believe what that guy said about Dale's review...and the people around here....I LOVE IT HERE!!

I wish all sites were as helpful, courteous, and friendly as this one!! The world would be a better place.....without HUMAN loons....but maybe some real loons!! :-)

Nancy
Wacked out in Wisconsin.....from cough medicine and an overdose of bean counting!!!
nancymae

Post by nancymae »

No offense meant for anyone in Illinois...regarding my last statement....I guess that includes Talbert......I call our auditor an "Illinoisance" because he just happens to be from Illinois. He would be an annoyance no matter where he was!!!

I'm still suffering from cough drop and syrup overdose...that's my story and I'm sticking to it!!!

Nancy -- A Cheesehead from the Northwoods of Wisconsin
Seth

Post by Seth »

Just to clear some things up,

I did some low level snooping, and here's what I found.

Glauber; Barb is not Talbert's wife. Talbert's wife is a woman named Vicky St. Claire. She wrote the intro page to Talbert's website among other things that are easy to find online.

Secondly, I believe wholeheartedly that Barb is a real person. She mentions living in the Chicago area. There is a woman who lives in the Chicago area named Barb Primrose (the infamous Barb's screen name). Here's a link to a picture of this very real person

http://www.ourcubs.com/win.html

Apparently she won a contest not to long ago. I also found evidence of a Barbara Primrose who went to a Chicago area school and graduated in 1980. She's apparently married now and her name is Barbara Primrose Steffens.

Finally, Talbert can't be all that mad at us, as he still links to C&F on his website.

Seth
billw

Post by billw »

Jessie! You go, girl! Concentrate on the baby, and let Loren and me handle the loons... uh... waitaminit.... (pssssst! Loren! We're really not loons, ourselves, ... are we??) :o
Cheers,
Bill Whedon
Serpent Music
Ye Olde Whistlesmith Saying:
A whistle without a fipple, is just a piece of leaky pipe!

Click the WWW and come have some fun with poems and music and now BOOKS! and check out the preeeety whistles and the T-shirts with attitude! :D
Paul

Post by Paul »

This whole thing was straight out of bizarro land. Jessie, too bad you got dragged into it. That's the last kind of thing you need right now. Glad to hear you're doing OK though. I almost fell out of my chair when he flat-out called Loren a liar. :lol: :lol:

Stay well,
Paul
jonharl

Post by jonharl »

I love the smell of napalm in the morning....

That's worth reading C&F for. By the way, doesn't Talbert remind you of Marlon Brando? Just a thought...
blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

Seth wrote:Just to clear some things up,

I did some low level snooping, and here's what I found.

Glauber; Barb is not Talbert's wife. Talbert's wife is a woman named Vicky St. Claire. She wrote the intro page to Talbert's website among other things that are easy to find online.

Secondly, I believe wholeheartedly that Barb is a real person. She mentions living in the Chicago area. There is a woman who lives in the Chicago area named Barb Primrose (the infamous Barb's screen name). Here's a link to a picture of this very real person

http://www.ourcubs.com/win.html

Apparently she won a contest not to long ago. I also found evidence of a Barbara Primrose who went to a Chicago area school and graduated in 1980. She's apparently married now and her name is Barbara Primrose Steffens.

Seth
Hmmm....I think Colonel Mustard did it, with the candlestick, in the library.

And Jessie, congrats on your soon to be arrival. Being a parent is the best thing you'll ever do. You'll never be sorry.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which is least known--Montaigne

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato
glauber

Re: No more harassment, please.

Post by glauber »

JessieK wrote:I received a threatening private message that I believe is from someone unrelated to Talbert or Barb. I have decided to remove this post.
This soap opera is kinda somewhat, a little bit, just almost going too far, isn't it? :-?
On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog!
--Wellsprings--
Bretton
Tell us something.: I've been playing whistle for a very long time, but never seem to get any better than I was about 10 years ago. I'm okay with that. :)

Post by Bretton »

Gosh! I guess I wasn't paying attention. Who the heck are Talbert & Barb ???

EDIT: Ok...figured it out. I read Dale's review and then never wen't back to that particular posting until now. :roll:

-Brett
antstastegood

Post by antstastegood »

This whole situation really stinks. Perhaps a special brand of deodorant...

Unreasonable person,
ants
|___|)____________O___O___O___o__O___O_____|
Dana

Post by Dana »

Ah, blissful ignorance of the whole situation... :roll:
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

dhigbee wrote:Ah, blissful ignorance of the whole situation... :roll: