No more harassment, please.

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
JessieK
antispam: No

No more harassment, please.

Post by JessieK »

I received a threatening private message that I believe is from someone unrelated to Talbert or Barb. In an effort to preserve my safety, I have decided to remove this post.
Last edited by JessieK on Sat Feb 14, 2004 10:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
~JessieD
glauber
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by glauber »

So is Barb Talbert's wife?
On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog!
--Wellsprings--
Brian Lee
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Brian Lee »

Tal, Barb, Wilson, St Claire, Spillane................ :boggle: :boggle: :boggle:

I think we've managed to tick off just about everybody who is anybody in the low whistling world! Obviously the rest of us don't know the first thing about low whistles, flutes, pipes, irish traditional music, the greatness of new age musicians everywhere, or the price of tea in china.

Sheesh. I'm gonna go listen to some good hard core pure drop trad to clear my sinuses after all this. *snoooooort*

Best of luck to you Jessie - mommyhood is a wonderful time!
chas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

It's good to hear from you Jessie, sorry you had to deal with this unpleasantness.

Enjoy the next month (your life will never be the same), and especially the months following that. Parenthood is so cool!
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

Jessie,

Thanks very much for taking the time to bring us up to date on this. I am sure I'm not the only person who has had a belly full of this whole Talbert thing. I'd like for him & Barb (who I continue to have a feeling looks a lot like him except she's, like, wearing glasses) to stay off the board and refrain from emailing anybody else. I just called Davy Spillane and HE AGREES!!!

Dale

P.S. Just kidding about that last part.
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

Thanks, guys. LOL, Dale!

:)
~JessieD
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

The Undisputed wrote:I just called Davy Spillane and HE AGREES!!!
:lol:

/me bites his tongue
IDAwHOa
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

In the long run, it is a lot harder to LIE than to tell the truth.
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

DaleWisely wrote:Jessie,

Thanks very much for taking the time to bring us up to date on this. I am sure I'm not the only person who has had a belly full of this whole Talbert thing. I'd like for him & Barb (who I continue to have a feeling looks a lot like him except she's, like, wearing glasses) to stay off the board and refrain from emailing anybody else. I just called Davy Spillane and HE AGREES!!!

Dale

P.S. Just kidding about that last part.
You mean Davey didn't agree? :o
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Post by Nanohedron »

NorCalMusician wrote:In the long run, it is a lot harder to LIE than to tell the truth.

Which is why I don't bother. Too lazy.
jim stone

Post by jim stone »

I like your avatar, Dale,
that's the truth!
glauber

Post by glauber »

Is Tallbert a Scott Adams character, like Dilbert, Dogbert, Catbert, etc?

--Wellsprings--
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

And what about Glaubert?
glauber

Post by glauber »

That's just a myspelling
--Wellsprings--
PhilO

Post by PhilO »

Boy am I tired! Just when I was wondering if Jessie was ok because we hadn't heard from her in a while, there's her post referring back to that thread, which I felt compelled to go back and read (ok, I skimmed over a lot of it). Anyway, really good to hear from you Jessie, and glad to hear that you're ok (within the context of pregnancy). I'm going to ignore the usual decorum of not referring to private matters and thank you for the marvelous Copeland Eflat whistle which has become an everyday play and has enabled me to play along with a bunch of great tunes from the Cathall McConnell set as well as a tune provided by another C&Fer.

For the record, I've had dealings with a number of wonderful folk on this Board, more often as beneficiary than giver. I've even met some in my area (NYC) and been enriched. I've never met Loren, but we've exchanged ideas and whistles over the years, and he's a straightforward (sometimes annoyingly so :) ) guy who I call friend.

Guess that whole other thread sort of went over my head; probably because we're having our abode painted, my computer is dying and I use my daughter's sporadically until the new one is set up.

Finally, it looks like everyone now has an Olwell bamboo F; I am grateful that I too just joined that club.

Bye all. Ah, I love the smell of napalm in the morning....

PhilO
"This is this; this ain't something else. This is this." - Robert DeNiro, "The Deer Hunter," 1978.