Flute Photos!!! Come post your flute pictures :)

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
andrew

Post by andrew »

Yes ,what a fine sight ( and find ! ).
Another round embouchure Rudall .No doubt it works very well .
beowulf573
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by beowulf573 »

Yes, very nice, I'm drooling as I type.

Not because of the flute, I just have a tendancy to drool. :D

Eddie
Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo »

Eilam, the number on the flute is #3801
I sent the same picture to David Migoya a couple years ago, when he was searching for all R&R flutes, but I had never found it on his web site until today.

Hopefully this photo is showing. It's linked from David's web site. You can find it in his serial number index under the 3000-3999 series. I think David has it listed under the Piazza Street address, but it's actually stamped #1 Tavistock Street, Covent Garden, London.

Matt Malloy played this flute at a party in Seattle, after a Chieftains concert many years ago. He thought it sounded "wonderful" and said it was just like the one he used on the Bothy albums.
iHaveAfluteToo

Post by iHaveAfluteToo »

Well I feel out of place! I'm not an irish tooter :oops: (no pun intended) :oops: but ive been playing for 10 years! i dont know if my picture is worthy of this forum, its a plain old Silver one :sniffle: but the ones im seeing here are absolutely beautiful!!!!!
Does a piccolo have a reed????????
jim stone

Post by jim stone »

No, you're not at all out of place.
Lovely flute, Lorenzo.
Blackbeer

Post by Blackbeer »

My god Jessie that thing is beautiful!! How about sending me a sound clip. I would love to hear how it sounds. Boxwood has got to be the most beautiful stuff. I am sweting over what I think is a boxwood on ebay. One more day and no I won`t put up the link :devil: It is pretty battered but fixable to my eyes anyway. You realy do find some incredable stuff.

Tom
eilam

Post by eilam »

Tom, good luck.
eilam.
Tak_the_whistler

Post by Tak_the_whistler »

<><
Tak
---------------------------------------
<b>"Nothing can be yours by nature."</b>
--- Lewis
ojvoj

Post by ojvoj »

Tak_the_whistler

Post by Tak_the_whistler »

You're in a session. Fluters, about four of them, start coming...you know, the usual. And suddenly you notice something is wrong -- all of them producing bamboo flutes out of their gig bags!! :D :D

a Steven's, that one. nice. :) Holes look nicely sized, too. Mine's a Zacciah's :D and is actually my first flute (a Low in the key of D); interestingly I find it far easier to move around on this than on the newly acquired Dixon 3pc (the former's large-holed, can be nicely 1/2 holed..esp for F and Eb). I'm after an Eb flute as well, as it being my dream key, but at this rate I think it'd be best getting one from Zacciah (again, $106 ttl) than from Sweet (first time, $300 icl. s&h!)
<><
Tak
---------------------------------------
<b>"Nothing can be yours by nature."</b>
--- Lewis
Henke
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Henke »

Now, it would be a shame if we ever let this thread die wouldn't it?!
An 8-key Metzler original in Cocus wood. Beautiful flute. Not mine unfortunately.
Jayhawk
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Well, just trying to update my avatar after a decade. Hope this counts! Ok, so apparently I must babble on longer.

Post by Jayhawk »

Finally managed to get an image of my new to me antique german flute! I bought this beauty recently from Dave Migoya. 9 key with 10 touches (alternate Bb for RH), german silver head (rosewood beneath the german silver), rosewood body. I've fallen deeply in love with this baby...but the picture is actually the flute laying on top of the scanner (RIP scanner - this was the thing's last action before it died)! Unfortunately, this scanner method makes the rosewood look darker than it is and you can't see the lovely woodgrain.

Eric
Fergmaun
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Fergmaun »

This photo is a wooden flute in the key of A I got in Dec 03 at the Oxfam Shop In Belfast.

This photo is a Keyless Rosewood flute in the key of D Pratten copy made by Alan Ginsberg in Wales.
Fergus Maunsell
Belfast
Ireland

http://www.myspace.com/fergusmaunsell
Casey Burns

Post by Casey Burns »

Hi Everyone,

I thought I would post a picture of something that one doesn't see everyday - a footjoint for a seven key flute (lowest note C#) that I just finished a few weeks back for my friend Cano in Galicia.

The bagpipe music there makes frequent use of the lower 7th - and I wanted something for Cano that would be in approximately the same finger position as the lowest fingered note on the pipes without the Eb key being too much in the way. This was my solution. The C# stays open, and is padded with cork.

Cheers!
Casey Burns
www.caseyburnsflutes.com

Image[/img]
marosan

Post by marosan »

I like your solution, Casey!

I like that foot-joint much! :thumbsup:

Bennet